RAM and PSU question

I've been using a skylake based pc for some months w/o a vga and I was trying to get a 980ti but since my PC is OC ready I was thinking if I should get better RAM/cooling to get things going. So I'm about to get a gtx970 and right now I'm using an old 480watt PSU for my rig (w/o vga). I can spend money on other parts I want (a better colder and quitter cpu fan, changing/upgrading RAM...).
    Current rig: 120G 850evo, i5 6600k, OCZ XPG Z1 4GBx2 , Asus Z170k.
    So for this rig and future OC what PSU?

Also second question is that which one? 3200MHz CL16 or 2800 CL15? Im going for G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 and can't decide between the two of them.

Any relevant advice is also accepted for other parts.
    green is the color!

Deleted
    I don't think going over 2800 or even that is worth anything in gaming at least. If not for 2133mhz i try to get 2400/2666 which are fairly prices as well. Also i would get something that is low profile cause those tall fins on some of those sticks will give you trouble with aftermarket air coolers cause of clearance.

The OCZ XPG Z1 you mention...i think you mean Adata not OCZ? If so you could just grab another pair, 2x4gb of similar ram, again those talls fins could be a problem. Whats your case?

I think what you were thinking, would something along the lines of:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($74.90 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card ($619.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $839.87
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-16 05:39 EDT-0400

However if you are not in a hurry with gpu, there is new ones coming out. If you are going to drop that much cash on one and your current one works i'd wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    I don't think going over 2800 or even that is worth anything in gaming at least. If not for 2133mhz i try to get 2400/2666 which are fairly prices as well. Also i would get something that is low profile cause those tall fins on some of those sticks will give you trouble with aftermarket air coolers cause of clearance.

The OCZ XPG Z1 you mention...i think you mean Adata not OCZ? If so you could just grab another pair, 2x4gb of similar ram, again those talls fins could be a problem. Whats your case?

I think what you were thinking, would something along the lines of:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($74.90 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card ($619.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $839.87
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-16 05:39 EDT-0400

However if you are not in a hurry with gpu, there is new ones coming out. If you are going to drop that much cash on one and your current one works i'd wait.
    Yes it's adata sry about that. I was checking some OCZ options

I like the RAM you suggested and it seems very OC capable.
    total price is a bit higher and I probably have to w8 to get the vga but I can go for the rest. My only concern is the cooler. Is it capable of handling some OC?
    And about waiting for the next wave of GPUs, if Im going to w8 I think I can get a liquid cooler. Corsair H100i is something I wanted for quite sometimes.
    green is the color!

Deleted
    The cpu cooler i linked will have like a couple degrees difference from the h100i. The corsair is also very lood during load so personally i would take the be quiet one since its cheaper as well. Other good cpu air coolers is the be quiet pro 3 version and the Noctua D15. However the newer corsair 100iGTX tho might be better, acoustics wise. Whatever you decide remember to check that your current case can fit either of those.