Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Standard or Wild?

Admittedly we havent seen all the cards released for the Whispers of the Old Gods yet but which do you think you will play Standard or Wild?

I think I will play standard even though I have most of the cards I think standard will be more interesting and there will be so many new deck types introduced it will mix up the meta which is really needed.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sees or Soos?

I'll play Standard. I like the idea of season cards, and most of the things that I usually play aren't going away, so I'm fine

Id probably be sticking with wild for having more possible variety and 'wild' plays. If they add more incentive in Standard with rewards, then I'd consider it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thenconfucioussaid View Post
    Id probably be sticking with wild for having more possible variety and 'wild' plays. If they add more incentive in Standard with rewards, then I'd consider it.
    Wild - Any card from my collection.
    Standard - Restricted cards from my limited pool, forcing me to buy more card packs and rebuild my decks with current "meta" cards that I'd rather ignore (most of them breaking my theme builds also.)

Wild wins.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Gonna try both but probably going to concentrate on Standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Standard. I'm going to be buying the new cards anyway. Less of a card pool = more focused decks. Besides they are changing older class cards so 'wild' won't be the same anyway. I normally run Mid-Druid w/ 1 combo. Combo is most likely gone after the next patch hits.

The new meta is looking to be 'who C'thuns first wins' anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    Standard. I'm going to be buying the new cards anyway. Less of a card pool = more focused decks. Besides they are changing older class cards so 'wild' won't be the same anyway. I normally run Mid-Druid w/ 1 combo. Combo is most likely gone after the next patch hits.

The new meta is looking to be 'who C'thuns first wins' anyway.
    Followed by a BGH, or an Ironbeak, or a Mind Control, or etc...
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

15+ Year Old Account
    Mostly Standard. I've got a pretty good collection but I'm more interested in the rotating meta and Wild is going to become a P2W shitshow eventually.

Wild, simply because Standard is P2W. In Wild, Useful cards stay useful cards, and you don't need to spend lots of money for the new packs. In Standard you are forced to buy them simply to have cards to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Mostly Standard. I've got a pretty good collection but I'm more interested in the rotating meta and Wild is going to become a P2W shitshow eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Wild, simply because Standard is P2W. In Wild, Useful cards stay useful cards, and you don't need to spend lots of money for the new packs. In Standard you are forced to buy them simply to have cards to play with.
    These posts are back to back. Love it.

Standard. I don't want to play against Secret Paladin garbage anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Standard all the way. It's going to be a brand new meta which is always refreshing.

Never seeing Boom again is going to be the highlight of my year.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I will probably do both.

Standard because I am curious and because I have a few decks that Works ok With basic Cards. It looks challenging for me as a player to reinvent myself.

Wild for almost the same reasons: There are periods I don't have the time to soak into Hearthstone and build New decks. So more leisurely play in Wild I Guess.

EDIT: Sorry for caps on some of the Words. Some kinda autocorrect at work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Standard. I don't want to play against Secret Paladin garbage anymore.
    I have a feeling that people playing Secret Paladin now will be playing standard aswell, so the popularity of the deck will decrease in Wild.
    I think many people won't be so quick to ditch their collection.

Standard is presented as this competitive environment while Wild is mostly for fun, if you look at data now most people aren't playing competitive, i mean at the end of the season if you're rank 5 or so you're in what? top 2%? This will be your standard playerbase and coincidentally these are also the people spending time on twitch, fansites or forums.

Standard. Just so i'll never have to play against Dr.Boom again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    These posts are back to back. Love it.
    Anyone who thinks Standard, a limited format with a rotating card pool, is more "P2W" than Wild, a legacy format containing every card ever created, including the new ones, is severely misunderstanding the game.

Unless you own every card, you will NEVER catch up to the Wild card pool. Old Wild cards will stay broken and new broken synergies between old and new cards will happen constantly.

Blizzard will be introducing about 400 new cards each year. Standard will always be fluctuating between a pool of about 600 and 800 cards. Six years from now, the Standard card pool will be about 600 cards; the Wild card pool will be about 3,000 cards.

If you only play casually, you're guaranteed to fall behind in Wild. A lot of casual players will be in for a rude awakening if they commit to playing Wild.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2016-03-17 at 07:25 PM.

I'll probably do a mix maybe alternating between monthly seasons and see how it goes and which I actually enjoy more.

10+ Year Old Account
    standard for serious plays, wild for goofy/op decks

Deleted
    Mostly Standard because I can't wait for Unstable Portal, Boom, Shredder, Minibot, Implosion, Creeper and other Naxx/GVG cards to go away. I will still play a bit of Wild now and then just to test some OP decks for the funzies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Anyone who thinks Standard, a limited format with a rotating card pool, is more "P2W" than Wild, a legacy format containing every card ever created, including the new ones, is severely misunderstanding the game.

Unless you own every card, you will NEVER catch up to the Wild card pool. Old Wild cards will stay broken and new broken synergies between old and new cards will happen constantly.

Blizzard will be introducing about 400 new cards each year. Standard will always be fluctuating between a pool of about 600 and 800 cards. Six years from now, the Standard card pool will be about 600 cards; the Wild card pool will be about 3,000 cards.

If you only play casually, you're guaranteed to fall behind in Wild. A lot of casual players will be in for a rude awakening if they commit to playing Wild.
    To be fair, if Wild stays broken you'll only need the same 30 cards every season :P