Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

What would you like to see in Guild Wars 3?

Hello champions! Good to see you today!

So, maybe in 10+ years we'll get a new "VIRTUAL REALITY TYRIA", with Guild Wars 3, or some crazy stuff like that. Maybe.

If that ever happens, what yould you like to see in GW3?

See you soon!

Oh lord, I can't even think about GW3 lol. We're probably a very long way from that possibility as is

Feels a little bit too early for this thread.

I still want to see things in Guild Wars 2.

Deleted
    Actual Guild Wars would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Actual Guild Wars would be a good start.
    *Chuckles*

Seems to be a bit too early to be talking about a sequel to a story that's not even halfway done yet; only two of the six dragon big bads have been found out and defeated over the course of the game's three and a half year run, and that's before we start talking about side villains like Scarlet who further drag out the plot. Unless the dev team starts giving the dragons a change of heart (one of them joins our side), gives us to two at once (which would lead to a case of underdeveloped and underused plot lines considering how HoT's story turned out), or just outright ties up the war in a novels (huge missed opportunities), Anet is going to be working on GW2 for many years to come, which means no GW3 during that time unless they expand (which, looking back at how the unfinished GW1 expansion was abandoned for GW2, their not going to make that same mistake twice).

OT: More gameplay out of simply killing things, that's actually refined. No more finicky picking up buckets and entering some sort of pseudo-vehicle mode that is difficult to use and target clicks that don't work. Something similar to LU, maybe with fleshed out racing and pet taming (that isn't just "walk up to pet and press 'F'"). I like the idea of non-combat events in GW2, but there really needs to be more, it needs to be rewarding (not just hearts you do while leveling up or filling out the map) and it needs to be just as accessible as killing things.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2016-03-18 at 02:58 PM.

A return to the more free-form, 'build-your-own-class design of the original Guild Wars and returning the gameplay to a MMORPG with heavy strategy elements rather than a Action-Combat Platformer.

The entire design direction of Guild Wars 2 is the opposite of everything I find engaging in a video game and MMORPG specifically.

Development of Guild Wars 2 is fantastically interesting nonetheless. It is that which holds my attention more so than gameplay. But if I were to look to a future GW3- a game I enjoy playing would be nice in the abstract.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A return to the more free-form, 'build-your-own-class design of the original Guild Wars and returning the gameplay to a MMORPG with heavy strategy elements rather than a Action-Combat Platformer.

The entire design direction of Guild Wars 2 is the opposite of everything I find engaging in a video game and MMORPG specifically.

Development of Guild Wars 2 is fantastically interesting nonetheless. It is that which holds my attention more so than gameplay. But if I were to look to a future GW3- a game I enjoy playing would be nice in the abstract.
    The combat in Guild wars one is waaaaaya behind Guild Wars 2. Action combat isn't a bad thing. It's actually quite fun and engaging. The kind in GWII is flawed but better then what you'd suggest.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

A return to the squad based party 1 used. And yeah, regular content updates :P

Better economics across the board. No more dropping dumptrucks of green and blue level gear on players for them to have to recycle which crashes the worth of most harvesting and crafting. Understanding most players will be max level so moving node rarity based on location not on zone level. Crafting being more divided in to specializations so competition in the specific specializations is a little more narrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The combat in Guild wars one is waaaaaya behind Guild Wars 2. Action combat isn't a bad thing. It's actually quite fun and engaging. The kind in GWII is flawed but better then what you'd suggest.
    Its good for action combat in an MMO, but GW1 was more interesting in the tactical party group based combat sort of way.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh here's another one that might be a little unpopular-- move away from an open world. Make it a little more like GW1 with town hubs that are public nodes. Maybe have GW2 style zones also-- or not, but have a majority of the combat be more down stages like Mass Effect. Instances for a party, but almost like outdoor dungeons with objectives. So like GW1's system but a little more focused.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's just personal preference. There is no such thing as you suggest that one design direction is superior to another. There are simply different directions.

As my post above said, a direction with more strategic rather than twitch/reaction elements is what I engages me in video games. I do not like action games generally speaking. Jumping, rolling, dodging and lining up fireball skill shots is not the gameplay I want to engage with over hours on end for years.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-03-19 at 07:00 PM.

Oxymoron 3?

No thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel like GW2's combat system is all that twitchy. Have you played Blade and Soul? Or even Black Desert?

A seamless form of Tyria without portions of it being separated into different instances. Think wow, for example, and how only different continents are separate instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I don't feel like GW2's combat system is all that twitchy. Have you played Blade and Soul? Or even Black Desert?
    Yup, played 'em. I have played nearly every major MMO released in the West.

I will just say what I think GW2 is missing ... world PvP (even if it's just a PvP server). Instanced PvP and WvW (zerg) aren't the same as open world sandbox-style, small skirmish PvP.

Multi million dollar PvP tournaments that are worth it because PvP would be awesome! Build Templates?

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Please no raiding, please no raiding, please no raiding.

I'd liek to see even more explorable world, jumping puzzles, hidden chests, world bosses and adventurous things like that. That is the power of Guild Wars.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

A persistent world where I could walk between zones without hitting a load screen or ending up in a different server than my friend who also zoned in at the same time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Less clipping with everything.

Pretty graphics and a cash shop. I like to be realistic

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using tomorrow's technology, an actual full-sized world, without loading screens. Even the dungeons would be open-world (but they would have instanced versions for storylines :P).

You would sail like Link in Wind Waker.
    Explore the depths of all of Tyria (and it's a veeeeeeeery big world).
    Pity the 3d artist who had to model eveything.

...Or at least a Tyria (continent) - sized map.

AND CELL-SHADING GRAPHICS! *thunders of evil*