Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't distorting the manifesto.
    Naturally they were talking about repetitivity and boring grind, not just "any kind of grind".

In GW1 you had fun grinding at end game because usually you were using these really high risk, high reward builds that required a good amount of planning and/or decision-making, because in some of them a wrong decision and you'd get one-shot.
    Furthermore, grinding end game in GW1 was hard and rewarding.

That really doesn't look to be the case in GW2. You really grind in the worst definition.
    Lots of bosses designed in a way where the only threat they present to you is in the form of one-shots, and to get to the boss you have to go through an endless stream of of uninteresting, repetitive trash packs.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I don't love mounts for the convenience. They add life to a game to me, and a reason to put time into the game collecting them. I'd be fine with them being entirely cosmetic in GW2.

Instant teleports don't have beautiful art, animations nor adds a feeling of traversing the land on your trusty steed.
    there are already a few of those. A magic broom, magic carpet and some tunneling thing that has you move underground. They changed the way they work in the latest patch so when you get out of combat you automatically jump back on your *mount*

15+ Year Old Account
    I think mounts could work in GW2, but would be hard to implement in a non-clunky way due to the various races, formats, sizes, animations, etc.
    If mounts were race-specific, it might be a huge investment for little return, since each race would only get 1/Xth of the mounts.

I would rather have mounts and remove Waypoints.
    However, Mounts should definitely not trivialize traveling like flying mounts did to WoW.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!

I do not agree with the notion that characters in GW2 currently move about the world quickly. I often feel the game is very lethargic and sluggish; walking even short distances in the game feels like slow-mo to me.

GW2 is one of the slowest feeling MMOs I have played, ever. I have played literally hundreds of them at this point mind you.

I don't give a flip about riding on a pony or cosmic surfboard. But I would like to see out of combat move speed increased significantly in current and future Arena.net projects.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    I've seen it happen a few times during our guild missions as well, where there would be a handfull of people that got sent into a different instance or where the squad would be split in half entirely. It's not really that big of a problem though. Just right-click and join. Doesn't even take a minute.
    Huh that's interesting. I really had thought they had managed to squash that one completely

If GW3 were to have a seamless open world in a manner similar to WoW, I could get behind the idea of having mounts.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want to meet Malyck again. One of the best personal story characters. Also, I’d like to know why was he so similar to Pale Tree’s sylvari. I hope he’s all right.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    A persistent world where I could walk between zones without hitting a load screen or ending up in a different server than my friend who also zoned in at the same time.
    Yeah this was a big eh for me after a while. Loading zones going from continent to continent in WoW makes sense and its doable but having a loading screen at almost every area you enter is a bit annoying and imo takes away from the world a bit.

Not only that, but there's little (and big) spots that we can't access. Even if it's just jumping on a rock to move past it or running up a randomely placed mountain we should be able to move freely. In WoW we can get anywhere. Even before flying you weren't really restricted. Having such a big world with these weird and annoying restrictions placed on it takes a lot away from the world as well.

As others have already stated, it feels slow travelling around the world. Thats fine and all but it feels extremely slow, a bit too slow imo. Id love to see some mounts or something like that.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-06-27 at 08:35 AM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    One of the things that I like in the current game is the combat system. Is quite fun to play as a Thief. Necromancer and Guardian are awesome too, and I love the idea behind the Elementalist.

This also makes the PvP very fun and rewarding on its own, and it is one of the only things that keeps making me come back to GW2.

I'd like to see those ideas back in GW3.

Deleted
    A return to GW1 type of gameplay, with heroes and henchmen.

Also Elona. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Personally, what I'd like to see in GW3 is less of GW2 and more of GW1. That's pretty much it.
    Every single GW2 mechanic that replaced a GW1 mechanic was a bad call.
    GW2 beats GW1 by miles.
    An example, jumping.

Deleted
    Having only played Guild Wars 1 for a single afternoon at a friend's house, and then having put much more time into Guild Wars 2, I want to see more of a dynamic world in Guild Wars 3. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to see how the first game really worked, but it's always been jarring for me to see loading screens between zones in Guild Wars 2. I'd really like seamless integration between them, like with WoW.

What little I do know about Guild Wars 1 is that you could only play as a Human (Correct me if I'm wrong, that's just how I've heard it). I personally think a selection of races is an absolute must for an MMO (At least, in a fantasy setting where the idea makes sense). I'm also of the mindset that choosing a pre-determined class for your character to decide what skills you learn is a solid design element in an MMO. But that just might be my WoW bias showing - I've played TESO, and they pull off the "Build whatever the hell you want" style of class progression remarkably well. Almost too well, actually. I constantly found myself wanting to respec and try different builds!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    GW2 beats GW1 by miles.
    An example, jumping.
    It has "more" mechanics. Vertical exploration is better in GW2 because it didn't exist in GW1.
    And jumping during combat doesn't add anything to the game, unless you have abilities that can only be used in the air

I'm talking about mechanical changes for aspects of GW1 that were replaced in GW2.
    1 - GW1 had a lot of unique skill effects that allowed for amazing creative combos. GW2 replaced nearly all of that with streamlined buffs/debuffs. As a result pretty much every skill is just damage/healing + a combination of those boons/conditions (aegis, protection / confusion, vulnerability)...
    2 - GW1 focused on a balance of Activation Time, Energy Cost & Recharge Time on each skill, with a few exceptions (Signets had no cost but longer activation and/or recharge, some Skills were instant and could be used while moving, like buffs). GW2 took Energy away from everyone except Thieves' Weapon Skills, which don't have cooldowns.
    3 - If you fired a bow from higher ground it dealt a little bit more damage, and from lower ground it dealt a little bit less.
    4 - You didn't have gear treadmill, despite 99% of the game being spent at max level, with the top gear.
    5 - There was no "trash" items. Everything was either salvageable or tradeable to collectors spread across the map.
    They could've done that very easily in GW2 as well. Chose not to.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-06-27 at 11:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    If that ever happens, what yould you like to see in GW3?
    What they promised we'd get in GW2.

Would love a proper dynamic world, a little like EverQuest Next wanted to do.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-07-12 at 06:12 PM.

They need to make way more things to do than just combat-y type stuff. If GW2 was mixed with a bit of ArcheAge (they already stole the glider idea) ... that would be perfect. More open world stuff happening. More freedom to do what I want to do (but with real consequences). Freedom to move about a seamless world. Ships to sail the oceans. World PvP would be good too. Oh and make it a sub-based payment model so content can be regular.

Less cash shop bs.

A return to what made Guild Wars 1 so damn fun to play. Basically, scrap everything they did with GW2, and further refine, enhance, and add to Guild Wars 1. You know.....actually make a true sequel to the original game instead of some half baked, completely different game like we got with GW2.

I still haven't forgiven Anet for selling out to the MMO crowd that begged them to create something more WoW-like. They had something really great, fun, and unique with GW1 and they basically threw all of it out the door when they made GW2 just to appease the casual and idiotic masses.

Oh, and stick to the damn manifesto if you come out with one instead of not doing anything you said you would. Like seriously....that manifesto they had before launch was one of the biggest piles of bullshit I've ever seen a developer say. They went back on their word with almost every point they made in that video.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-07-14 at 04:40 AM.