Page 1 of 3
LastLast

4 months since I purchased a game on Steam that I did not Refund Request

Its been roughly four months since I purchased a game on steam that I did not ask for a refund. That game was Republic Commando for 2.99 I only played it an hour before getting bored because I once owned the game for xbox and already played the crap out of it. Ofc I did not ask for a refund though because I no longer own the game for original xbox and it is a very good game albeit short and ends on a cliffhanger.

Is this normal? How long do you usually go before buying a new game on steam and are you finding yourself returning the majority of games you buy now that it is allowed?

The only game I pre ordered this year was Mirror's Edge catalyst which I did not do through origin because after tax it would come out to 63 dollars for a standard copy. If it was for steam instead I would prefer that because While I have an Origin Account I only have 1 game tied to it I no longer play.

I cant even see a point down the road where I will be buying a game on steam again since deciding to pass on the division.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not return/refunded a single game via Steam. The last game I returned was Diablo 3 via Amazon because I could not play it during their launch (issues have since been fixed and I did re-buy it).

Usually I do my research pretty good before buying games, and rarely do I buy something on a whim or just because its on sale. I think the last one I did buy was Punch Club, and I enjoyed it enough that I was content with my purchase.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

I think it has much to do with how you consider that return policy in the first place. I, for example, don't just buy things on a whim under the premise that I can return it if it sucks. I do my research to get some amount of info on how the game is played, without spoiling myself, and only think of the refund as a last safety net.

Of course, your situation could also mean that you're burned out on games and need a break or that your tastes have evolved and you're not looking at the right games anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    Is this normal? How long do you usually go before buying a new game on steam and are you finding yourself returning the majority of games you buy now that it is allowed?
    I don't refund games. If I'm stupid enough to buy sth and then don't enjoy it, I should pay the costs and learn my lesson.
    As for my last games: During the Winter Sale I bought the last game directly on Steam - which I already had, but I wanted the complete edition with all DLCs. Afterwards, I bought one bundle sometime in January iirc. And about 10 days ago, I bought a game on Steam, but not for myself. It was a birthday gift for someone.
    Next time I'll buy something there: Most likely during a sale, but no idea what.

As for the other points: Sounds like you're burned out.

Deleted
    Last thing I actually kept from Steam was Fallout 4. Bought 5 more other games and refunded them after 30 minutes because they were crap, except Xcom 2 which isn't crap, I just got really pissed playing it because I suck.

I actually have an attention span so no, the only thing I have refunded on steam is creativerse which never stated that it is always online.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only refunded one game on Steam, ever, and that was because there was a glitch that rendered it unplayable with my video card. And then I bought it again when they fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    I don't refund games. If I'm stupid enough to buy sth and then don't enjoy it, I should pay the costs and learn my lesson.
    As for my last games: During the Winter Sale I bought the last game directly on Steam - which I already had, but I wanted the complete edition with all DLCs. Afterwards, I bought one bundle sometime in January iirc. And about 10 days ago, I bought a game on Steam, but not for myself. It was a birthday gift for someone.
    Next time I'll buy something there: Most likely during a sale, but no idea what.

As for the other points: Sounds like you're burned out.
    everyone says that your burned out. I really think they stopped making games im interested in playing for PC. I like story driven games, RPGs but not pixelated low budget rpgs.

So basically you're exposing the refund system for the fraud that it is and using it as a free rental of games.

Not that some games don't deserve refunds, steam should refund games in the case that they are broken messes but the fact you can refund a game simply for not liking it is an absolute joke.

Haven't ever refunded anything, honestly am not even sure the rules on what you're allowed to refund and when.

I typically only buy stuff on steam when its heavily on sale, and then sit on it for months until I get bored enough to pick one of those games up during my down time from another game. The wow droughts definitely help chip away at my steam backlog.

I am very particular about what I buy though, so I haven't bought many in the first place.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I don't like a game, but it's reasonable game, I'm not going to return it. If it's a SHIT game with terrible gameplay or full of errors, I will return it.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted
    I never refund games as I personally find it retarded but if its not playable then go ahead. My own ethics tells me from not doing so as I can get so much info about a game before I buy it and its a loooong time ago I bought a game that I never finished. I can only think of one game tbh.

I've refunded quite a few games (5 or 6). If I don't like the game within the first 60 minutes or so, I know I'm not going to like it after 2 hours.

Big fan of Fallen Enchantress. Bought Sorcerer King. Seemed more like DLC. Refunded.
    HoMM 6 - Buggy as fuck. Refund.
    Starbound - Thought it would fill my 'Terraria in Space' itch, but didn't like the features.

My recent purchase, Stardew Valley. Was too slow for my taste. Got a refund.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2016-03-22 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only ever requested a single refund on Steam ever. It was for a game I had pre-ordered which I found a better deal for elsewhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have never returned a game on Steam. I research games before I buy them.

Ignorant as I am, I never knew this was possible. I don't buy a lot of games and do plenty of research before buying a game, only game on steam I ever regretted buying was ARK, so I just refunded it.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    I cant even see a point down the road where I will be buying a game on steam again since deciding to pass on the division.
    Why would passing on one game result in you never buying another game on Steam?

Can't tell if I'm going to like a game solely by reviews / videos.
    Need to get a feel of it. I miss demos.

I've only refunded one game

it was some $3-5 sidescroller? shooter on sale that played like absolute shit