7+ Year Old Account

Warrior Spark Ignited!

Hello

The old DK is pretty boring these days and being stuck on M Xhul does not help... cause Mann is next...

Anyways I started toying with my Warrior again since T14 and really getting into it. My damage sucks but its kinda fun and "new". I mained a Prot warrior from 2005-T7 Naxx then went full blown DPS once bosses became tauntable... I had a 3 sunder rule- not 5. During early MoP I was in a place with 5 other warriors and no DKs so I switched.

After weeks and weeks I finally got around to getting a ring, class trink and 4 piece t18. Ragtagg on youtube is making me love Arms but my weapon choices dictate Fury... which is why I am here-

I have two ilevel 726 1 Handers, a 710 socket 2H from Tyrant, and Mythic Flamebender sword

Do I go SMF? TG? or focus on Arms
    SMF feels faster and fluent. More rage and more Recklessness. TG feels a little slower but the numbers seem bigger during Bladestorm.
    Arms feels REAL SLOW and tabbing every target to hit Rend then SS to MS/Execute takes kinda forever... but I LOVE huge numbers!!

I read over and over Taste for Blood is the talent to take and do not use MS until CS is applied... so during that down time, just spam WW?? is that really the Arms playstyle? No more Thunder Clap with the Glyph?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ervex/advanced

Fury is fun again with class trink and FAST which I like. I want to compete more with pugs since this is an alt until Legion possibly.

My Arms DPS does not really shit till execute phase while using TfB...

any advice with Arms or Fury would be greatly appreciated. I hope to replace the N Tyrant mace this week... need that Archiw sword to drop!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Each spec has it's "strengths". If you list a certain spec and specific questions for that spec, than I would gladly help you - just make sure it isn't something you can learn from the stickied threads up above.

Most of this post is asking what to play... which is entirely up to you.
    Twitch.tv/ericn_tv

For your SMF vs. TG question, it doesn't matter too much for equal ilvl and secondaries. You want the highest ilvl weapons with mastery as long as your buffed crit rate is in the 30%+ range. TG edges out a little bit if you compare as close to apples-to-apples as you can get (i.e. bis SMF vs. bis TG). But the RNG variance you'll experience easily envelopes any differences between the two.

For you're specific situation, it sounds like you want to go with the two 1h 726's.

This applies for a pure DPS performance perspective. Other factors such as "I LOVE huge numbers," and the aesthetics of holding two 2-handers are personal preferences that only you can determine.
    Last edited by Maltore; 2016-03-16 at 06:45 PM.

I read over and over Taste for Blood is the talent to take and do not use MS until CS is applied... so during that down time, just spam WW?? is that really the Arms playstyle? No more Thunder Clap with the Glyph?
    Doesnt seem like you read much, if at all. Any starter guide will answer this.

Deleted
    Very good

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    Doesnt seem like you read much, if at all. Any starter guide will answer this.
    i checked a few 6.2.3 guides.... all said the same as far as TfB. The stickies above are labled 6.0 so I assumed they were out of date. Like in the DK threads... old hat.

there was one guide written by a Arms warr who glyphed Thunder Clap so I tried that as well. Arms still seems real slow on ST. that guide also said its ok to spec Sudden Death on ST. only place I seen that in 2 weeks of googling "Arms DPS guide"

I did snag a HWF Archie sword and spilled semen all over my keyboard. huge improvement. Arms on Mythic 5 mans was eh. Fury seems more fluent and fun- so going that route this week. in the end I am enjoying my warrior again. plan on going back to him in Legion and gearing up as much as possible in case we need him for M Manny
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

This is due to poor wording of the guides in question. "Only use MS during CS" doesn't mean hold MS for CS. It means that while CS is applied, only press MS. You can use WW/glyphed TClap during CS for small gains, but doing it wrong and clipping MS resets will cause major DPS loss.

Sudden Death can be used over TfB on pure single target. Any extra targets or any time away from the boss will cause TfB to pull ahead. When using Sudden Death aim to use the free Executes anywhere you would use Whirlwind above 20%.

Thunder Clap with glyph can still work, not popular though.

1. I think TC damage does not contribute to the ring/affected by the ring. I can't confirm nor deny as I haven't tested.

2. When running Anger Management you're trying to burn through rage anyway, and having a slightly more rage/damage efficient attack to use as a last resort rage burning filler that we barely ever use is not that useful, if you're really needing to burn rage that much then the cheaper cost might not be that worthwhile and is working against Anger Management, it was much more important/worthwhile earlier in the expansion.. Remember, these filler abilities (WW/TC) are so unimportant in T18 that you can effectively remove them from your bars and still pull very strong dps, the better your gear gets the worse these abilities become relative to CS/MS/Exe.

3. A lot of the time you might want to use the Bull Rush, Rude Interuption, Sweeping Strikes or Executor glyphs. Like having Bull Rush for the 15 extra rage when you charge can be super beneficial to your pull burst (the most important part of dps pre execute), helps prevent rage starvation RNG. So your options are pretty thin, Executor when you can make the most of it is incredible (Iskar, Gorefiend, Xhul'horac, HFA). When you consider these things, you will find TC glyph falling further down the priority list.

4. TFB vs Sudden Death - It's simple, on single target Sudden Death is better, its a lot better if your priority is burst damage on the pull where as it's closer if priority is damage during the execute phase, since TFB provides consistent and reliable rage during execute while SD is purely RNG, if the RNG is good you will benefit more from SD, bad rng favours TFB.. The reality is that TFB is generally better for the execute phase on average, but over the course of a fight SD wins, shorter the fight the more it favours SD.

.. Example here is if your priority is to 1 doomfire and burn the start phase of Archimonde, Sudden Death is much stronger, however if your priority is focussed on the end of Archimonde Mythic TFB is stronger, from a single target perspective that is. On cleave TFB is always stronger, so long as you have rends ticking away... In the past I had strong arguments that Sudden Death was superior on Council, that was due to the way my guild at the time did the boss, I was right in that situation. However my current guild had a completely different tactic that made TFB considerably stronger without question.. You should always consider your current strategy, kill times and raid damage distribution when deciding talents.

As for MS you want to use it outside and inside of CS, of course do it intelligently. You don't want to be burning your rage away outside of CS. In any case with the Archi trinket you will find CS resets a lot, to the extent where you're refreshing CS while CS is still up, as the final GCD of the debuff. Whirlwind or TC with glyph is only really used as a rage burner to avoid capping, on a cleave fight with TFB talented and consistent rends (Council/Tyrant) for example you will probably not cast WW at all.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-03-26 at 02:28 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4