10+ Year Old Account

WoW Twitter Functionality

This is such a fun feature Blizzard added to the game!

If you have never used it, you def should! I find a lot of entertainment tweeting out my fans in game selfies and other pics during destroying mythic HFC and high end gladiator arena.

One of my favorite pics was putting the thumbs down flag on a freshly killed orc warrior and captioning it with "rekking orks all day err day"

Have any of you used the twitter functionality and selfie camera much? A lot of fun is to be had with these simple tools blizzard added to the game. No wonder they gave them their own patch.

Sorry Jay but fans are just machines designed to keep you cool. They can't comprehend pictures, read or write I'm afraid .

10+ Year Old Account
    Greatest patch ever. Folks complain about losing an alleged rayd tear, but they ignore 6.1 - they got selfie cam. they remind me of patch 2.2 deniers long ago.

Only a hater would call a rayd tear better than a selfie cam that never gets beaten, can be relevant to content forever, and doesn't require an ilvl or brainlevel to play. They are the ultimate in egalitarian accessible content, and can be used anywhere!

it is good to find a kindred spirit who feels 2.2 and 6.1 were bestest patches ever!!
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-03-16 at 07:54 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    Greatest patch ever. Folks complain about losing an alleged rayd tear, but they ignore 6.1 - they got selfie cam. they remind me of patch 2.2 deniers long ago.

Only a hater would call a rayd tear better than a selfie cam that never gets beaten, can be relevant to content forever, and doesn't require an ilvl or brainlevel to play. They are the ultimate in egalitarian accessible content, and can be used anywhere!

it is good to find a kindred spirit who feels 2.2 and 6.1 were bestest patches ever!!
    I dont think 6.1 was the "bestest" patch ever. I just think that a lot of people didn't even use the functionality of the twitter and selfie tech. Its actually quite fun when you go around ganking people and rocking high end mythic raid bosses. Its fun to post stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I dont think 6.1 was the "bestest" patch ever. I just think that a lot of people didn't even use the functionality of the twitter and selfie tech. Its actually quite fun when you go around ganking people and rocking high end mythic raid bosses. Its fun to post stuff like that.
    you sound subversive. you one of those 2.2 deniers?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

I agree man, Twitter functionality is one of the greatest additions to the game. It's just above Transmog but below LFR in my list of Blizzards finest moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until today I forgot it was even in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Buddy back in the glory days of TBC blizzard made perhaps one of it's most well know and used features. Voice chat. Now it did have some problems like the fact you'd have to turn your speakers up to 11 to hear anything people were saying. Now you think naxx 40 was exclusive? Man blizzards shitt---, Great voice over chat was a club. 10's of people used it.....10'S!!!!!!!
    it is really amazing that feature went live. i never tried it (teamspeak or vent was just fine) but others said it was hard to understand from day 1. that is with programs like ventrilo already out there working just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    aha - sounds like you haven't completed all the content then!! time to get that selfie-cam out and visit every area of every zone now.

Deleted
    . Its actually quite fun when you go around ganking people and rocking high end mythic raid bosses
    Could you start a separate thread about this, it sounds so cool and edgy and I'd like to know how to do this.
    Also, do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to so I never miss content from you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Something something under the bridge.

On-topic, I use it occasionally. I've been playing with the idea of an in-character Twitter feed for one of my characters, and the in-game functionality would certainly make for entertaining reaction images using cleverly-timed screenshots. I'd been using it (before letting my sub lapse again out of boredom) to document a female human fury warrior's journey from 1-75-or-so, including her gear/transmog sets until settling on the Fel Iron Plate set coupled with Jade Warrior Epaulets.

So, I mean. It's not the worst addition to the game (hello, voice chat), but it's not really something worthy of trumpeting as a major patch coupled with a toy I've used maybe twice just to see what it does.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

All the time. I'm bragging on twitter whenever I gain a level, with selfie pix and all. True story.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol

Make a twitter account and try it out Its surprisingly fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a twitter account and try it out Its surprisingly fun.
    I have Twitter. I'm not going to link them up, though.

Nice try Blizzard marketing team.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

If you have never used it, you def should! I find a lot of entertainment tweeting out my fans in game selfies and other pics during destroying mythic HFC and high end gladiator arena.

One of my favorite pics was putting the thumbs down flag on a freshly killed orc warrior and captioning it with "rekking orks all day err day"

Have any of you used the twitter functionality and selfie camera much? A lot of fun is to be had with these simple tools blizzard added to the game. No wonder they gave them their own patch.
    Oh give it a fucking rest already. Twitter integration in 6.1 was a single line item in patch notes detailing many, many other changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post

When Blizzard revamped the in game ticket system they implemented a web browser into the game as well meaning implementing Twitter was simply dropping in a few lines of code into their browser using Twitter's api. It can be done in literally 5 minutes or less. It is laughable for anyone to claim this had any impact on content whatsoever.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Same here, I don't think anyone who I have following me on twitter would give a damn about what I do in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

The twitter integration and selfie camera should have been a single intern's project between coffee deliveries, not their own patch, they didn't do anything to make the game more fun or immersive for me.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

7+ Year Old Account
    And let people on twitter know I play WoW? Rather not.

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    Same here, I don't think anyone who I have following me on twitter would give a damn about what I do in wow.
    I would care...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    The twitter integration and selfie camera should have been a single intern's project between coffee deliveries, not their own patch, they didn't do anything to make the game more fun or immersive for me.
    Facts often get in the way of a good rant so I'll be brief. There was quite a bit more in that patch than Twitter integration and the selfie camera. True enough it was light on playable content but it's quite an exaggeration to say that the two things were "their own patch". Link to actual patch notes follow:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/179...otes-2-24-2015

FWIW: A good friend of mine who is color-blind and has always struggled with the game while still playing and enjoying it calls 6.1 the "Color Blind Patch". No, I don't believe the patch deserved a .1 designation either since most of it was systems changes and improvements. Still, a lot more there than Twitter and Selfies.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."