Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Please, explain this behaviour (another triumph of goods manners on Twitter)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...zi-trolls.html

I was aghast, aghast I tell you, when I read that fellows sent here pictures of their guns. That was as surprising as a JRPG featuring a white haired bishonen with a taste for fashion only matched by his taste for treason.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-03-16 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...zi-trolls.html

I was aghast, aghast I tell you, when I read that fellows sent here pictures of their guns. That was as surprising as a JRPG featuring a white haired bishonen with a taste for fashion only matched by his taste for treason.
    I really have to ask... how do you get 'treason' out of the article?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I try to make snarky comments.

''That was as surprising as suave billionaire Bruce Wayne having a passion for fighting crime and an hatred for wearing pants'' (IE, it's not surprising)

"nickers" heheheheh.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems to be a random collection of words.

Cheesed soup relies on the whole of China to exterminate overly aggressive watchtower.

No really, white haired pretty boys with spiffy clothes betraying you in JRPGS...

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    No really, white haired pretty boys with spiffy clothes betraying you in JRPGS...
    Sephiroth, Rolan, etc.

It's a trope. [WARNING, TVTROPES LINK]

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Sephiroth, Rolan, etc.

It's a trope. [WARNING, TVTROPES LINK]
    What have you done aaarrrrgghhhhhhhhhh.....
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Wait is this thread about being inevitably betrayed by white-haired pretty boys in JRPGs or about a woman getting abuse online?

Abuse and pictures of guns. As I said, I'm so surprised of the association.

Abuse and pictures of guns. As I said, I'm so surprised of the association.
    Then why did you bring up being betrayed by white-haired pretty boys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    This seems to be a random collection of words.

Cheesed soup relies on the whole of China to exterminate overly aggressive watchtower.
    It's a grammatically correct sentence, but what does it mean? /confused /sarcasm

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Well "That was as surprising as a JRPG featuring a white haired bishonen with a taste for fashion only matched by his taste for treason" can be reworded to:
    "That was as surprising as finding out the villain of a JRPG is the dude with the white hair." or even further reworded to: "I'm not surprised."

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Well "That was as surprising as a JRPG featuring a white haired bishonen with a taste for fashion only matched by his taste for treason" can be reworded to:
    "That was as surprising as finding out the villain of a JRPG is the dude with the white hair." or even further reworded to: "I'm not surprised."
    No matter what the OP posts it always confuses me. Why did she even need that bit of fluff in her OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    It was just an elaborate analogy, it wasn't supposed to be relevant to the matter.

7+ Year Old Account
    You have to bacon clock the chocolate banana pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Maybe people are just getting sick of social media mob justice. There's evidence of the crime, so I'm pretty sure the police have everything they need to work with on this one. We don't need the mob.

Yes. It was an attempt at an funny analogy, because ''dudes that sent those kind of threads'' and ''dude that send pictures of their guns'' seems to be similar categories.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Maybe people are just getting sick of social media mob justice. There's evidence of the crime, so I'm pretty sure the police have everything they need to work with on this one. We don't need the mob.
    The mob against the girl ? What she can possibly have done to this proud crowd ?

Deleted
    ‘There’s a disgusting machismo culture here,' she said. ‘Mexico presents itself to the outside world as a progressive and forward-looking country, but scratch the surface and you see how ugly it really is.
    Not sure if I've ever heard of anyone describe Mexico as "progressive" before.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an attempt at an funny analogy...
    Comedy is harder than it looks.