Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Bernie Sanders does not have a chance. Cruz would have stood a chance had Rubio dropped out earlier but he didn't. We are looking at Trump v Hillary and I don't see any way around that at this point.
    I think you're right. I was listening to this guy on the news and he did the math and it seemed like it was impossible for Bernie to win, and this was weeks ago. Once you get behind it's hard to catch up, kind of thing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    He really shot himself in the foot with that ultra early brushoff of the email thing. I remember talking to tons of people and reading many articles and discussions here and elsewhere with people going WHY?
    Well, it was refreshing to me, though. I actually agreed with him, and thought it was better that he did that. Of course, I'm the guy who actually looks at the issues being discussed rather than worry about who's attacking who in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Well, it was refreshing to me, though. I actually agreed with him, and thought it was better that he did that. Of course, I'm the guy who actually looks at the issues being discussed rather than worry about who's attacking who in a debate.
    Sure, and I understand that in people who take that route but credibility is always an issue in elections and anything serious enough to be warranting an investigation into it is serious enough to warrant more than a complete brushing off, especially because regardless of the fact that Colin Powell and who knows who else has been using private email/servers it's not something we want federal employees using to conduct business. The attack he could have made didn't even have to be a GOP styled attack at all, for a guy whose appeal is his morality and his consistency in his views it struck me as odd that he'd blow off the email thing so easily.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    They are out of options... they have to "hold their nose" with Cruz, it's the only option they have that might have Trump bow out gracefully and not forfeit all that high GOP turnout/enthusiasm. If they bring in a ringer who got like 10 or 15% of the primary voters, like Kasich, or none at all, like Ryan, it all but concedes the election to Clinton.
    Maybe that's the GOP's plan.

Force Trump to run third party and run their preferred candidate... So long as they can keep Hillary below 270 electoral votes, then the House of Representatives will decide who becomes president...

Guess who controls the House of Representatives.

All I know, is that it will be a glorious day indeed watching the far leftists on MMOC implode when the Bernster drops out of the race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    All I know, is that it will be a glorious day indeed watching the far leftists on MMOC implode when the Bernster drops out of the race.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with supporting a candidate that you know is going to lose. If someone is so far left that it comes back around and covers their ears and eyes to the truth then, well, they only have themselves to blame when things don't go their way.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Maybe that's the GOP's plan.

Force Trump to run third party and run their preferred candidate... So long as they can keep Hillary below 270 electoral votes, then the House of Representatives will decide who becomes president...

Guess who controls the House of Representatives.
    Heh, interesting take on things. I could see that happening, and I know a number of the elder statesmen in the GOP would love to help make it so.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

That is the reason for the super delegates, but I highly doubt they would be put into practice in such a way.

If it was very close, sure, but its not even close right now even if you completely ignore super delegates... Its like 60% to 40% in favor of Clinton.
    One of the main points of the Super Delegates were already put into practice and succeeded.

It isn't just about breaking ties or doing crap at the end. It is about influencing public opinion of the results from the start. Just look at this election for proof. Look at what happened.

They pretty much all sided with Hillary at the start and used those unelected delegates to shape public opinion to make Hillary look more electable and liked than she really was by a long margin. That huge lead at the start services to dissuade votes against them as people start to see it as pointless weakening opposition to them while persuading many to jump onto the bandwagon and vote for the person they think will win instead of who the want.

If the super delegates hadn't been involved, the media couldn't have committed the lie of omission treating them as normal delegates to the public and Sanders would have had a higher voter turnout more than likely while Hillary would have had less of a bandwagon. They can and demonstrably are used to kill momentum or create it against what is actually happening in reality.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    One of the main points of the Super Delegates were already put into practice and succeeded.

It isn't just about breaking ties or doing crap at the end. It is about influencing public opinion of the results from the start. Just look at this election for proof. Look at what happened.

They pretty much all sided with Hillary at the start and used those unelected delegates to shape public opinion to make Hillary look more electable and liked than she really was by a long margin. That huge lead at the start services to dissuade votes against them as people start to see it as pointless weakening opposition to them while persuading many to jump onto the bandwagon and vote for the person they think will win instead of who the want.

If the super delegates hadn't been involved, the media couldn't have committed the lie of omission treating them as normal delegates to the public and Sanders would have had a higher voter turnout more than likely while Hillary would have had less of a bandwagon. They can and demonstrably are used to kill momentum or create it against what is actually happening in reality.
    Influencing the public?

The only media mentions of super delegates I have seen have been very negative... Like NH for example and the claim that Hillary walked away with just as many delegates as Sanders despite losing by a huge margin and how absurd it was.

Influencing the public?

The only media mentions of super delegates I have seen have been very negative... Like NH for example and the claim that Hillary walked away with just as many delegates as Sanders despite losing by a huge margin and how absurd it was.
    I have seen plenty of media outlets saying Hillary had a commanding lead and mentioning the super delegates as part of her counts like she had earned them or something and trying to use those numbers and dissuade Sanders supporters from showing. They wouldn't even mention the super delegates as super delegates, they would just compare the counts of Sanders and Clinton with them included and make it look like Hillary was killing him in the polls by some overwhelming number so the general public would change how they saw it.

They used the Super Delegates in such a way to try and get Sanders supporters to stay home because they would see it as a lost cause or jump on the Clinton bandwagon. They were very much used to kill momentum for one candidate and generate momentum to another this election cycle.

Just think of it this way, how many Sanders supporters do you think stayed home hearing about Clinton having a lead of over 2 to 1 on Sanders when the actual spread between them was negligible at the time? And how many of those Sanders supporters ended up changing sides as part of the Bandwagon effect which is a proven thing.

The Super Delegates are more than just to decide close races, they are about manipulating perception in the establishments favor.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2016-03-17 at 03:19 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Womyn president is more important than anything! You can say you lived during the era of the first woman president and be like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Womyn president is more important than anything! You can say you lived during the era of the first woman president and be like
    Oh yeah,

Kids: Tell me daddy, tell me, what was it like watching the first woman president?

Me: Well kids, it honestly wasn't that great, she was part of the same establishment we were trying to get rid of at the time and her "more of the same" approach to being president actually set women back a few decades because many voters didn't want to risk getting another one when she was the only female president to compare them to.