Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

How would brexit work?

Lets say the brits wanting to leave the EU won the vote, do we automatically on the other day exit the EU or will it take time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hazol View Post
    Lets say the brits wanting to leave the EU won the vote, do we automatically on the other day exit the EU or will it take time?
    It has to go through Parliament first. Probably take a while, couple of years maybe.

Deleted
    Johnny will sacrifice his political career to keep sucking euro ass.
    Eventhough the referendum will end up with the majority being against it, hell never leave the eu.
    Itll cost him his career, but hell be paid tripple salary under the table to keep UK connected to the EU.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Eventhough the referendum will end up with the majority being against it, hell never leave the eu.
    Itll cost him his career, but hell be paid tripple salary under the table to keep UK connected to the EU.
    More likely, even if the British public vote to leave they will find a way to weasel out of the deal.

Nobody is allowed to leave the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Going by the polls it's 50-50. And by the time the poll ends, it'll be 60-40 in favor of staying in the EU.

Deleted
    anyone has the answer for my question? Will it take couple of years for us to exit the EU, or the next day if UK votes to leave?

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone has the answer for my question? Will it take couple of years for us to exit the EU, or the next day if UK votes to leave?
    Next day I guarantee /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is Johnny?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it will be dragged out for 10 years or shelved entirely. If they do as the public wishes, they will probably put a five year time frame on it. The EU will be miffed and want Britain to move it along, and the the public will will be impossible to overcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has to go through Parliament first, so there is no way it will be the next day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I imagine it will be dragged out for 10 years or shelved entirely.
    You imagine wrong then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It has to go through Parliament first, so there is no way it will be the next day.

- - - Updated - - -

You imagine wrong then.
    i read something about 2 year process, don't know it this relates to EU exit

Answer simply is no one really knows.

What is likely is that the morning after the vote everyone will watch BBC/ITV/Sky who will give the in/out result.

If the in vote happens then I guess it is the super speccle reforms for UK only goes through

If out happens then for short term watch the FTSE drop (and maybe other EU central stockmarkets), investors hate uncertain times and this is the most uncertain of them all in the EU. Also the pound will weaken more for same reason just like it has been doing against $ since the announcement of the referendum. Now the tricky part, the negotiations. UK will want something, EU countries will want something else. Here's the thing, both sides are going to play hardball, it's not going to be pretty on either side. But in the end I think the prospect of the EU having 440m vs 60m UK is going to win out and a lot of companies who base themselves in the City (London) will likely move to Frankfurt or Paris as the two try to capitalize and intice these companies over. Not to mention the factories that could end up moving to Europe if the UK leaves due to threats of tarrifs.

If an out vote happens Cameron is gone. He put everything into the in campaign and he lost. His back benchers will no longer consider him their guy. North of the border expect the SNP to be upperty, trying everything to push for a second independence vote. Will they get it or not is another matter. UKIP will likely slowly remerge with the tories, with a few holdouts until the two years are up and the UK is fully out. Unless UK is put in a Norway position in which it has to oblidge to EU rules without having any input.

10+ Year Old Account
    i read something about 2 year process, don't know it this relates to EU exit
    We have to change major legislation, so two years sounds about right. Maybe three to four, considering that it is the UK Government and the EU doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    If an out vote happens Cameron is gone.
    I am not convinced. He is gone prior to the next election anyway and instability in the PM when the country is going through a period of major upheaval would make no sense for the Tories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Who is this Johnny you speak of?
    Nobody knows...

Deleted
    so overall after the brexit vote, we will still be in the EU for 2years+ trying to negotiate with the EU countries?

so overall after the brexit vote, we will still be in the EU for 2years+ trying to negotiate with the EU countries?
    Most likely, plus we'd want to be making trade deals similar to the ones we currently enjoy as members of the EU but diplomatic resources would most likely be stretched thin just by the EU negotiations.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as you and I are concerned, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Most likely, plus we'd want to be making trade deals similar to the ones we currently enjoy as members of the EU but diplomatic resources would most likely be stretched thin just by the EU negotiations.
    The problem is that I am a British Citizen who loves travelling, I still didn't go to the half of EU countries, could I still move freely after brexit vote? knowing that UK will still be in the EU for the next two years etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that I am a British Citizen who loves travelling, I still didn't go to the half of EU countries, could I still move freely after brexit vote? knowing that UK will still be in the EU for the next two years etc?
    You will still be able to go to all the EU countries after we leave the EU completely, the main issue will be with working abroad.

If it's just travelling then yeah you'd be able to do that even if we were out. If you mean work and live, in the immediate aftermath of a 'Brexit', most likely yes. There are a ton of British Citizens who live abroad, whether to work or in retirement, what happens to them would be a fairly important part of negotiations and until that's resolved they're unlikely to make any decisions on the matter. Any decision they do take would most likely come into effect after we've completely left the EU (which will take a while).