Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Games that you think deserve a complete remaster.

I was thinking about this at work. I was able to narrow it to 3 games that i believe should get remastered in current gen every 10 years. At first i was gona put like a zelda game in there, but at the end of the day i think the cartoony style doesent really need it that much. Im talking a full remaster from the ground up here. To me this means a game which have such a powerful story and gameplay ideas that the graphic are the only reason newer generation might not enjoy it, because everything else is timeless.

-Deus Ex 1999, can you imagine this game using graphics from MGSV or Witcher 3...... my fucking god. Why has nobody ever picked this game up, why is nobody hiring me to do this? I can already imagine how amazing A51 could look using Fox Engine.

-MGS, another game that just needs a real remaster, not some fucking retexture and resolution. Update the camera style a bit too. Fuck new MGS, just remake this game, anybody. It needs some cinema like visuals to fit the story.

-knight of the old republic. Imagine battlefront graphic (the only amazing part of the game) mixed with an already amazing game. It could be the most amazing creation ever made. How is this not even worked on yet. Id pay $400+ easily for that game lol, you wouldnt even need to juice me for DLC. Id by the ultra giga edition with bikini skins for Bastila. Id buy anything. Please EA.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-03-17 at 01:51 AM.

Deleted
    A remake of KOTOR is in the works (http://www.apeirongame.com/). How it turns out and how truthful to the original it will be remains to be seen.

Legend of the dragoon
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 3

FF3: ff7 is so overrated

10+ Year Old Account
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Hybrid Heaven. With (a lot) of polish it could totally be a hit considering the large appeal of Shooting, Fighting, RPG & Sci-Fi Adventure gameplay all in one package.

Asheron's Call. Keep the 1999-2003 or so game design intact, and update the graphics a bit, and I'd be incredibly happy.

A modernized version of Robotron 2084 would be cool too, though it probably exists already.

10+ Year Old Account
    007 Goldeneye.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1-2

Parasite Eve
    Legend of Dragoon
    Chrono Cross
    I enjoyed the Shadow Hearts franchise (except From the New World, that one was odd)

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    City of Heroes/Villains.

PLEASE.

I still haven't forgiven NCSoft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    A remake of KOTOR is in the works (http://www.apeirongame.com/). How it turns out and how truthful to the original it will be remains to be seen.
    Until they get hit with a cease and desist or drop the project altogether.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    FF3: ff7 is so overrated
    Final Fantasy series gets remastered all the time though... Don't even know how many versions of FF1-6 there currently are.

I haven't made good experiences with most remastered stuff. New graphic engines etc. made things most often worse and buggy. Also it doesn't allow small teams doing the work. I would love to see a lot of newer, especially rpgs in 2D engines and stuff rather than old stuff in new engines.
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2016-03-17 at 03:42 AM.

Spyro 1-3
    Crash Bandicoot 1-3

Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCoco View Post
    Warcraft 3
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/waa-mod

That Kotor remake looks like it can be a lot of fun... Something I'm going to have to keep an eye on. Also, since we're on the topic, there's another thing I'm waiting for. It's a total conversion mod for Skyrim called Skywind. Essentially a Morrowind remake.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Ocarina of Time already got a complete remake ...

As for remakes, I don't think any game post 16 bits is worth remaking. The result would be just too similar, I see no point ...

Basically any good 8 bits or older game remade can lead to something new and highly relevant to quality of video games in general.

Otherwise well .. not that much ... I rather get new stuff ...
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-03-17 at 03:54 AM.

KOTOR.

Mass Effect trilogy(really just 1 needs a remake due to the clunky combat, 2-3 are mostly fine).