Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like the new cards. I always like new cards, because it brings more variety and creativity into the game.

The only thing where i see a problem with the new cards is the word you already mentioned "synergy". As soon as you need some combo in HS, it gets tricky.

Sure i might be wrong, but imo faceroll (example facehunter or zoolock) will always be king in HS.

Sounds like all you need is a little hexproof on c'thun and you are golden. What? Has Hearthstone not copied that Magic ability yet? Give it sometime ... Blizz copies everything eventually.

Even if all cards were equally good they'd complain about the color of the art.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Most of the cards do not suffer a loss of stats to buff C'Thun, and C'Thun has a powerful battlecry that places a powerful body. You more or less have to 100% keep a removal for C'Thun, and if you don't have a removal when he is played, you are shit outta luck.
    the problem with cthun decks? you will need SO MANY synergic cards on top of some core spells/removals and tech cards, that the decks wont really have too many other threats, so it will definitely not be that hard to keep one hard removal for cthun... but hey, I dont really see a slower meta, where you can regularly get to turn 10 without the game being decided anyway...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    the problem with cthun decks? you will need SO MANY synergic cards on top of some core spells/removals and tech cards, that the decks wont really have too many other threats, so it will definitely not be that hard to keep one hard removal for cthun... but hey, I dont really see a slower meta, where you can regularly get to turn 10 without the game being decided anyway...
    Yet another person completely missing the fact that the C'Thun synergy cards released so far are, in fact, really really good tempo cards for their stats.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

All the C'thun cards so far have pretty good stats, and even if you only run 2-3 C'thun cards it's still gonna be a 10+ attack 10+ random damage minion which is maybe not too awesome for 10 mana but far from bad and possibly a win condition.

Tbh as long as too many cards don't synergise with C'thun maybe a few then who knows maybe other cards could be used a bit better? Guess we will have to wait and see.

I get the feeling Blizzard is more generous with the stats on themed cards (eg C'thun decks) this time around because Standard mode means worst case scenario it's only around for a couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    All of these cards synergizing with C'Thun are bad because it's so easy to remove C'Thun.
    First of all, the cultist cards so far are all statted competitively. 2/3 for 2, 3/4 for 3, 4/5 for 4. All fair baseline. Amberweaver is almost always going to hit the board as a 4/10.

Second of all, Silence and BGH are likely getting nerfs going into Standard in order to force players to play and trade big minions more often instead of just making hard removal tempo plays to get rid of them.

Lastly, you aren't just playing C'Thun for the body. You're playing it for the battlecry. Compare to Dr. Boom, 7/7 for 7, summon two 1/1 boombots with Deathrattle: deal 1-4 damage to a random enemy. That's 9/9 worth of stats with 2~8 points of random damage.

C'Thun was said to pretty reliably hit the board as a 12/12 during the playtest event with only the first two cultists in deck. So a 12/12 for 10 that deals 12 damage split amongst random enemies; very much in-line with Boom, though the random damage is more reliable since it's 12 shots of 1 damage instead of 2 shots of 1-4 damage. However, it's not unreasonable to expect it to hit the board as a 14/14, 16/16, or even 20/20.

And we barely know any of the synergy cards. As it stands, just based on what's been revealed so far, it's probably going to at least spawn a new Rogue archetype.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I get the feeling Blizzard is more generous with the stats on themed cards (eg C'thun decks) this time around because Standard mode means worst case scenario it's only around for a couple of years.
    I think the almost complete failure of the Inspire and Joust mechanics during TGT is probably also a factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of these cards synergizing with C'Thun are bad because it's so easy to remove C'Thun.

The buildup isn't for making a mighty minion. It's for a a round 10 game over. And far as I can remember (haven't played since BRM) there's only one mage and one paladin secret that could counter this.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    After LoE, WotOG is kinda bad, at least until now. They REALLY need some good cards. LoE is relevant, Reno is amazing, Brann is great and opens up a lot of potential combos, Sir Finley isn't THAT good but it is a solid 1 drop that opens up different combo decks and finally, Elise is fun as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that so far a few of the cards with C'Thun strategy can buff c'thun up by quite a bit, I would have to say thats not a problem. In addition, we have barely seen any of the C'Thun synergy decks, like the druid card released here recently (4/10, turn 4 with a 10 damage C'Thun in the deck, which can be buffed to 10 damage by the two 2/2 battlecry 2 mana mobs)

Also, take a look at all the mech decks. Spider Tank is a fairly solid pick, despite being a vanilla stat mob with the mech tag. heck, the C'Thun mechanics may as well be a new family that's called C'Thun.

Chances are, we will see 2-3 neutral cards that get buffed by having a high stats C'Thun (With excellent chances that one of them gets the exact same buffs C'Thun gets, with low stats/cost ratio, like 2/2 for 5 mana), as well as at least 1 class card buffed by C'Thun per class. Not to mention the chances that we will recieve 1 class card that buffs C'Thun AND has an extra affect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    After LoE, WotOG is kinda bad, at least until now. They REALLY need some good cards. LoE is relevant, Reno is amazing, Brann is great and opens up a lot of potential combos, Sir Finley isn't THAT good but it is a solid 1 drop that opens up different combo decks and finally, Elise is fun as fuck.
    We have barely seen 10% of the total cards for WotOG. 134 cards, remember?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Most people thought Reno would never be popular because diluting your deck to one of each card would be a detriment outweighing the benefit. Remember? Mysterious Challenger was also touted as "pretty lame" by a lot of people when it was first revealed. Justicar and Elise were both considered low-tier until they found their way into the right decks.

You won't know what's good or not until you see the whole picture.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Most people thought Reno would never be popular because diluting your deck to one of each card would be a detriment outweighing the benefit. Remember? Mysterious Challenger was also touted as "pretty lame" by a lot of people when it was first revealed. Justicar and Elise were both considered low-tier until they found their way into the right decks.

You won't know what's good or not until you see the whole picture.
    Mysterious challenger was touted as lame by the same people saying infested tauren is better than tazdingo.

Elise is sketchy and there was no doubt justicar would find use. Reno was slightly overlooked but even then some were forward thinking about warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Chances are, we will see 2-3 neutral cards that get buffed by having a high stats C'Thun (With excellent chances that one of them gets the exact same buffs C'Thun gets, with low stats/cost ratio, like 2/2 for 5 mana), as well as at least 1 class card buffed by C'Thun per class. Not to mention the chances that we will recieve 1 class card that buffs C'Thun AND has an extra effect
    Quantify these chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    WWell thay want to slow down the game, which will work when GvG and naxx cards wont be in the "normal" ranked system. So many of the face decks will prob go away and control decks will be the new era.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Yet another person completely missing the fact that the C'Thun synergy cards released so far are, in fact, really really good tempo cards for their stats.
    Not really, they are pretty spot-on baseline cards. Playing them against decks that actually has really really good tempo cards means you'll fall behind and have to rely on one big C'thun to come back. Which might be possible, we don't know it yet, but calling it "really really good tempo cards" is a bit over the top. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems Brann is gonna be OP on a C'thun deck.

Innvervate > Brann > C'Thun with a bunch of Attack Power

Watch as hilarity ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    It seems Brann is gonna be OP on a C'thun deck.

Innvervate > Brann > C'Thun with a bunch of Attack Power

Watch as hilarity ensues.
    Yes I will laugh when you Innervate at 10 mana for nothing then play Brann and not have enough mana for C'thun. I will also laugh when you play Brann first then Innervate and still not have enough mana to play C'thun

Yes I will laugh when you Innervate at 10 mana for nothing then play Brann and not have enough mana for C'thun. I will also laugh when you play Brann first then Innervate and still not have enough mana to play C'thun
    Brann definitely works in cthun decks but the brann > cthun combo with thaurissan seems like a dream. Brann is much better put to use causing the +2/+2 to go off twice on turn 5 if possible so that your cthun is already 10 attack to qualify for other card effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."