Page 1 of 37
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Report: Trump Presidency a Top Risk for the World

A Donald Trump presidency is the sixth biggest threat facing the world, tied with the prospect of terrorism destabilizing the global economy, according to an assessment by British research group EIU.

Its latest ranking of global risks has a sharp economic slowdown in China at the top. That is followed by Russia's actions in Syria and Ukraine bringing a new cold war, a corporate debt crisis in emerging markets and the fracture of the European Union.

EIU says it does not expect Trump to win the November election, but that there is a moderate probability he will and a high impact if he does.

Controversial stands

The group cites his hostility toward free trade, advocacy of the killing of families of terrorists, support for ground troops in Syria and alienation of both China and Mexico that could result in trade wars and fueling terrorist groups.

Trump has promised to drive hard deals in international negotiations, particularly with China. One of his most repeated campaign pledges is to build along the southern U.S. border with Mexico to keep out illegal immigrants, a project he says Mexico will fund itself.
    http://www.voanews.com/content/repor...d/3241504.html

Can confirm this report.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop giving him publicity then

I've decided to become a Trump man.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Stop giving him publicity then
    Too late for that for the post part.

But the Economist is right. Trump is a major threat to the post-1945 world order.

At least with his loss, we'll get this fascist illiberal democracy bug out of our system for a while.

You're only making him stronger by attacking him!

The Media is out to make Trump look bad Because they are paid off by big Money

Quote Originally Posted by fernotao View Post
    Or because media...and this may be shocking to you, but... goes for the articles that gives them clicks and exposure.

If it sells, it's getting printed. And apparently many people agree AND many people disagree.

Trump makes himself look bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You're only making him stronger by attacking him!
    It only gets even more scary.

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

But Trump is big money?? Is he paying them to make himself look bad? Has this been his master plan all along???

No. Trump does that all by himself.

When you say racist, fascist and thuggish things on a regular basis...
    When you incite Americans to violence against their fellow Americans...
    When you advocate war crimes...
    When you advocate trade policies that would do nothing but make the US isolated in the WTO...
    When you advocate abandoning our allies and treating our many friends around the world like dirt...
    When military commanders like that they'll mass resign if ordered to do what trump proposes...
    When hundreds upon hundreds of foreign policy hands cosign open letter after open letters denouncing his proposed foreign policy route...
    When you elicit the praise of Vladmir Putin, and make democracy a target of mockery by the Chinese government...

I could go on but I trust I made my point.

Trump did this to himself. He is a threat to American democracy. He is a threat to the international order. Image isn't at issue. What he says and what he believes is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who is not voting for Trump already know this, and everyone who is voting for him don't care. So unfortunately, this will not change anything I'm afraid.

Holy shit. We get it. You are terrified. Go wallow in fear somewhere else

By the way guys, for all of you saying Trump is a master debater.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6936256.html

I called it several times in this forum, some posters, you know who you are, think Trump is a master debater; the reality is he speaks like a dumbo so dumbos understand him.

I am latino/Black and I would like for someone to by using the dictionary definition of "racism" point out an instance where he was "racist" I would also like to see any evidence of him being anti immigrant.

and anecdotes are not enough such as he said this so he must mean that. I would like direct evidence of his racism. if none can be provided can yall please shut the fuck up with that talking point? ( I say that respectfully)

There are so many reason to no like the dude but I feel people regurgitate shit that's thrown around in hopes that it sticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltytoes718 View Post
    I would also like to see any evidence of him being anti immigrant.
    You must be joking?

actually no. site your source...

Seems more like the media has been bought out by him and Hillary... seeing how CNN, Fox and MSNBC would rather show live coverage of an EMPTY podium than to show Sander's speech last Tuesday.

Remember when stuff like this was called fearmongering by the left and claimed to be above it?

My, how times have changed.

Deleted
    System is badly broken when choice is between terrible and even worse than terrible. Maybe with Trump in power americans will wake the fuck up and fix their political system.

Vote Trump!