Deleted

Alliance 2 11/13 HFC Mythic DPS [A] SILVERMOON EU LFG (active Raiding guild)

Two 11/13 HFC Mythic DPS LFG (Active Raiding Guild) 280+ wipes on Manno

Armory:

WARRIOR DPS/TANK 736 (e) ilvl: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ister/advanced
    SHADOW PRIEST 735 (e) ilvl : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...andra/advanced
    (was an AS priest, just got enough gear to play CoP properly. so I have switched now)

Warcraft Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...latest/#boss=0
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../latest#boss=0

Looking for an active Raiding guild to finish up Mythic and continue on into Legion with.

WARNING: NOT FOR BIBLIOPHOBES!

I feel like it's important for me to take the time to write a detailed description of what I expect to find in a guild and what any potential guild can expect of me in return. It's important to be detailed, because in my search for a guild lately there seems to be a running theme and that is a lack of communication, so if you're easily daunted by the task of reading many words or what bibliophobes call "a wall of text", you should probably stop reading now. It means you CBA and I really REALLY hate that attitude.

My husband and I are looking for an active Raiding guild with similar progress that is fairly structured and where the lines of communication with officers, the RL, and the GM are always open. We are looking to place our mains for the long-term. That is, we want to find a permanent home for as long as we are actively playing WoW.

I want to be very candid and honest (not bitchy I promise! )and say that I have a very low tolerance for the following:

This is a result of a collection of experiences over many years of playing WoW and is not a response from anyone in one guild or team, so don't assume this is about you if we've played together. These are just things I feel I need to make very clear in order to get the most out of my subscription. I would expect anyone to do the same. Guilds do this when they are looking for Raiders and Raiders should do the same when they are looking for a Guild.

* Loot-funneling or unfair loot distribution aka favoritism. If I put as much effort into Raiding as the officers do, I expect to be rewarded in exactly the same way. I have no problem helping old Raiders who come back to the game after a hiatus to gear up, but I will not tolerate 100% of the loot going to that person if there are others in the group who need it as much and are just as active. Obviously things like attendance, loyalty, and performance matter. I don't expect that some noob who shows up every once in a while to a Raid should get loot over a player who has 90% attendance, is skilled, and has a long-standing good relationship with the guild in general.

* Excessive verbal abuse towards Raiders either to each other or from the RL or GM on wipe nights. Obviously everyone loses their cool at some point. We all get frustrated and we are all prone to losing our shit. It happens, but an excessive amount of this casts a negative shadow over the entire night and is totally counterproductive. It actually demoralizes the group and causes more wipes. I've seen this happen over the years SO MANY TIMES. If someone is making repeated mistakes, replace them and continue. Bitching out the Raid is also a colossal waste of time. Also, if you are volatile and just gotta ROAR then at least don't discriminate. Bitch at everyone who makes a mistake equally not just the trials or newer members. I've Raided on teams where senior members have fucked up royally actually wiping Raids as a result far more than newer members and yet received zero lip for it.

* Chaos - Trust and believe I love a goofy group as much as the next girl, but Raiders who are constantly babbling in chat and talking over the RL during the fight or when he/she is trying to explain tactics is a huge NO NO in my book. It's especially important for senior Raiders to S to the T to the F to the U when the RL is explaining tactics to trials since each Guild does tactics differently depending on their Raid set-up. Not being able to hear the RL explain tactics impedes the trial's ability to make a good impression.

* Lack of communication and/or zero feedback - I don't expect to be the center of anyone's universe, but I do expect to know what is happening so I can plan my evening. If I'm Raiding that night, cool. If I'm not Raiding that night, cool. Let me know! Are invites going out? Let me know. Is an old Raider coming back and you're planing to funnel 100% of the loot for his class/spec to him? Let me know. Am I performing badly? Do I need to improve in some areas? Let me know. I can't improve if I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Simple as. And there is ALWAYS room for improvement since very few Raiders are Method quality despite thoughts to the contrary. I appreciate tips and suggestions and constructive criticism. Are you a GM or RL that only logs in for Raids, is rarely online and impossible to reach outside of WoW? Definitely let me know.

* The CBA attitude - If you're guild message of the day is urging people to sign for Raids, but you can't be arsed to send out invites to trials, how can you expect the trial not to adopt the same attitude? If you CBA then I CBA. Don't ask for more than you're capable or willing to give. That's just bad business. Here is an example; recently I was told that calendar invites were made a long time ago so the officers just couldn't be arsed to invite trials to Raids and that I should just sit on TS and hope for my "call to arms". Um no. I'm not trying to be a bitch here, but my time is as important as anyone's and I sincerely just don't have time for that.

* Trialing with little or no activity - I am used to Raiding full-time and that is what I will continue doing. Getting locked out of Mythic for one or two bosses is a total waste of time. It's also a waste of my subscription and I don't want to become rusty sitting on the proverbial bench getting splinters on my metaphorical ass. I can get more progress or at least more gear pugging in that case. Also, I have a child. If the the choice is to sit on TS for three-four hours and listen to other people Raid or spend time with her, it's really a no-brainer; I'm going to choose her. My time is precious to me and I prefer to use it wisely. It's impossible to get comfortable with a new team and make a good impression skill-wise if after a month of trialing the trial has Raided a total of 1 hour. I mean seriously think about that; how many of you reading this right now would be willing to pay a subscription to listen to other people Raid for 3+ hours 3 times a week? Sweet Georgia Brown, ain't NOBODY got time for dat!

* Excessive Anti-Americanism. After living in Sweden for 12 years, I've really had my fill of it. Yes, Americans are fat and stupid and Trump sucks. We get it. How about worrying about what is happening in your own country which has a plethora of faults all on its own and leave the Americans to it, mmmkay? I can tolerate a few jokes here and there, but constant (and I mean constant) hate on The US the entire Raid gets really frustrating after a while. Everyone has their limits and if it gets out of control, I'll be forced to release the verbal kraken. If you can dish it out, be willing to take some yourself. Turn about is fair play after all and I prefer banter that is equally offensive to all states, nations, colors, cultures and creeds.

IF YOU CAN PROMISE A MINIMUM OF THE ABOVE, I CAN PROMISE THE MAXIMUM BELOW:

A generally cheery and pleasant attitude unless any of the points above manifest in extreme or pathological episodes.

90-100 % Raid attendance (since I share custody of my child, there may be rare occasions where I need to stand-in for my ex-husband regarding our daughter's extra curricular activities. His schedule has changed recently, however, so that should happen almost never. Also, I'm no longer limited to two-night Raiding. I can Raid a minimum of 3 nights now. More if needed.)

100% Preparation - properly geared, enchanted, and gemmed. Flasks, pre-pots, health potions, and the 125 food not that cheap shit that comes from the barn. Knowledge of the fight and the best way to approach that fight to maximizes dps and minimizes dmg from the perspective of my class/spec and the effort to implement that knowledge. I'm not a 90 percentile Spriest, but I strive to make every Raid better than my last if it is at all possible. I've just now managed to get enough gear to play Clarity of Power. I've been practicing the rotation which is very different from Auspicious Spirits in dungeons today and will continue to do so every day in order to get the same sort of rhythm and muscle memory I have for AS, so I'm hoping to see a big improvement in my logs in terms of ranking now that I have switched "specs".

100% Loyalty and long-term devotion

100% Effort not just in Raids but within the guild in general. This Christmas I held a little give-away for my guild as sort of a good-will ambassador type thing. Everyone on the Raid team donated generously apart from one person who didn't donate at all and instead made snarky comments about it, but it was a total success in my book anyway and I was really impressed with everyone's input. Myself and another guildie dressed up in Santa suits and passed out goodies to all the noobs with no heirlooms that we could find. For a previous guild, I held a tabard competition. The winner received 5k and we changed the tabard to match his creation. 2nd runner-up got 3k. 3rd runner-up got 1k. These are not big life-changing things, but I hope it at least puts a smile on people's faces!

If you've managed to get this far, I'm impressed with you already. If you're interested and/or have any questions or need any clarification on any of the points I've made here, please don't hesitate to contact me.

- Kyllandra

bnet: Kyllandra#2625
    email: kyllandra@gmail.com

You can also find me on FB, but you'll have to send me a message through one of the above ways first since I use my real name there.
    Last edited by mmoc00c7f3f9bc; 2016-03-18 at 01:46 PM.

I read through it, and i must say this is probably the best lfg post ive ever seen.

But, it's in the wrong forum, it would be more appropriate to post this in the EU recruitment forums

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    I read through it, and i must say this is probably the best lfg post ive ever seen.

But, it's in the wrong forum, it would be more appropriate to post this in the EU recruitment forums
    Yeah, I was looking around didn't see one, but thank you for the positive response. I'll definitely look for the specific forum in that case.

Edit: Looks like someone already did it. Was that you?! Why thank you!
    Last edited by mmoc00c7f3f9bc; 2016-03-18 at 01:59 PM.

It wasn't me, a moderator probably moved the thread.

Good luck, hope you find a great guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    It wasn't me, a moderator probably moved the thread.

Good luck, hope you find a great guild.
    Thank you very much! I hope I do too. A lot of really great offers have come in but they are from other realms, so I am considering a transfer.