Mythic Iskar Radiance of Anzu Soaking

Cleared M HFC on my main and now alt raiding with a few other guilds progressing mid HFC. Recently on Iskar both groups progressing Iskar with a few others who are 8-10/13M PUGs are absolutely adamant that the holy pally solo hold the eye other than for winds and tank interrupt. WHY?!

On my main we just pass it around to everyone and nobody got above 10-12 stacks with zero threat of dying and ultra easy to heal. Took 3 pulls kill to M Iskar and seemed so easy.

These pallies now are getting 40+ stacks by 2nd intermission, and if targeted by chakrams with the massive stacks gets gibbed. 30+ pulls later and they still haven't killed Iskar with too much damage taken and people dying, but regardless keep saying it works and blames the wipes on something else rather than just listen to the person who has killed it :/

I even said damage is low in the group where the hpal stacks will get out of control, but nope, hpals can do it and "take no damage" no matter what. Not like it's some quick sub 3 min kill on farm, these guys have the ring CD to be back up on every single intermission and drag the fight out to 7+ min when ideally done, yet the haven't even passed intermission #2 yet

Is this a recent "strategy" that these people are embarking on or just stupid?

Deleted
    My best guess is that this is what people come up with if they can't rely on their raiders to do it correctly. Make it risky, but reliant on a few.

Our strategy - Our group 1 has the people who should have it: the 2 tanks, dispeller and 2 competent ppl (GM/RL/backup dispel) who shouldn't get it but just in case. If you've just finished winds or whatever just toss it to one of them. If you were really min-maxing, the tank who isn't interrupting/tanking raven would should have more stacks then the other. But we're tossing it around every shadow riposte so it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    Cleared M HFC on my main and now alt raiding with a few other guilds progressing mid HFC. Recently on Iskar both groups progressing Iskar with a few others who are 8-10/13M PUGs are absolutely adamant that the holy pally solo hold the eye other than for winds and tank interrupt. WHY?!

On my main we just pass it around to everyone and nobody got above 10-12 stacks with zero threat of dying and ultra easy to heal. Took 3 pulls kill to M Iskar and seemed so easy.

These pallies now are getting 40+ stacks by 2nd intermission, and if targeted by chakrams with the massive stacks gets gibbed. 30+ pulls later and they still haven't killed Iskar with too much damage taken and people dying, but regardless keep saying it works and blames the wipes on something else rather than just listen to the person who has killed it :/

I even said damage is low in the group where the hpal stacks will get out of control, but nope, hpals can do it and "take no damage" no matter what. Not like it's some quick sub 3 min kill on farm, these guys have the ring CD to be back up on every single intermission and drag the fight out to 7+ min when ideally done, yet the haven't even passed intermission #2 yet

Is this a recent "strategy" that these people are embarking on or just stupid?
    Why not? Our Holy Paladin just beacons himself, and he never dies to it. I fail to see the problem here. Disc Priests do it even better, just beacon the disc permanently and 100% uptime Focused Will just makes the disc giggle the damage away.

The only "stupid" are

1) Not understanding healer class abilities(Beacon of Light, Focused Will)
    2) Using otherwise fail-proof strategies blindly, in conjunction with the former.

Don't diss the strat when you show such poor understanding of the strats and specs involved.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Why not? Our Holy Paladin just beacons himself, and he never dies to it. I fail to see the problem here. Disc Priests do it even better, just beacon the disc permanently and 100% uptime Focused Will just makes the disc giggle the damage away.

The only "stupid" are

1) Not understanding healer class abilities(Beacon of Light, Focused Will)
    2) Using otherwise fail-proof strategies blindly, in conjunction with the former.

Don't diss the strat when you show such poor understanding of the strats and specs involved.
    Which is both groups here since neither are using beacons on themselves and 1 doesn't even use a disc in the group as the healing priest is adamant on holy.

Regardless, it's putting heavy focus on the healer to manage the eye because the rest of the group are terrible at it so beacon is needed to shift off a tank

Giving up a tank beacon and shields when both tanks can have a fairly even tank just so 1 person can stack the eye seems like a huge risk and terrible strat when everyone else in the group can just get 10 stacks at most and be kept up with passive healing while both tanks keep their beacons.
    Last edited by Astynax; 2016-03-19 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is both groups here since neither are using beacons on themselves and 1 doesn't even use a disc in the group as the healing priest is adamant on holy.

Regardless, it's putting heavy focus on the healer to manage the eye because the rest of the group are terrible at it so beacon is needed to shift off a tank

Giving up a tank beacon and shields when both tanks can have a fairly even tank just so 1 person can stack the eye seems like a huge risk and terrible strat when everyone else in the group can just get 10 stacks at most and be kept up with passive healing while both tanks keep their beacons.
    When we did it the first time we had a MW do the eye. Just holding on to it whenever there wasn't winds/tank add, with a holy paladin back-up. Took us 7 attempts back in early September. Our wipes were due to other people not being able to do the eye properly, not the MW or Holy paladin dying.

We did it with ring on each transition with no beacons/ anything directed away from the tanks. The debuff does completely negligible damage, even at 40 stacks.

The tactic isn't at fault for your alt raids dying, it's them being (some offence meant) bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    When we did it the first time we had a MW do the eye. Just holding on to it whenever there wasn't winds/tank add, with a holy paladin back-up. Took us 7 attempts back in early September. Our wipes were due to other people not being able to do the eye properly, not the MW or Holy paladin dying.

We did it with ring on each transition with no beacons/ anything directed away from the tanks. The debuff does completely negligible damage, even at 40 stacks.

The tactic isn't at fault for your alt raids dying, it's them being (some offence meant) bad players.
    Would the Hpal need to beacon himself then or just fail healing? Theres FOUR healers in the group and he's still dying!

My main's group has 2-3 locks (I'm one of them) and our soul link self shields just negates all the eye damage when we juggle it between us and no one ever has to worry about it

1) Holy Priests have Focused Will too

2) What is this "heavy focus" rubbish I am seeing? We 3 healed this on progression and all the healers complained there wasn't anything to heal on this fight, even though the holy paladin took the orb most of the time and had 40+ stacks at the end of it. 40 stacks on mythic is 60480 damage every 2.5 seconds without Focused Will, and even lesser with it up at 42336 per 2.5 seconds.

3) The tank damage is negligible on this fight, so unless your alt raid involves tanks with 700 ilvl gear or with zero uptime on their mitigation, you really don't have the right to whine endlessly about swapping a zero GCD buff(beacon of light) off the non-active tank to the active tank.

4) "Giving up shields"? What giving up shields? Your disc can PW:S way more than 1 target. Learn to Weakened Soul.

The strat is not wrong, it's just not executed properly, and the people(like you) whinging 24/7 about it just don't understand wtf they are talking about obviously only make the situation worse by blind leading the blind.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-03-19 at 05:26 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

we just had tanks hold it since they're getting blanket healed by hots & garbage and iskar doesnt hit for shit anyway.
    doesnt really matter who holds it tbh, if your holy paladin is actually getting "instagibbed" by chakram (unlikely) tell him to use DP.

- - - Updated - - -

we just had tanks hold it since they're getting blanket healed by hots & garbage and iskar doesnt hit for shit anyway.
    doesnt really matter who holds it tbh, if your holy paladin is actually getting "instagibbed" by chakram (unlikely) tell him to use DP (or just heal himself).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let me put it this way: The stack it causes might be permanent, but the damage one stack causes is roughly 20 times lower then the damage one stack does on heroic. That means you need to ramp up to ~20 stacks until you get the same damage as with one stack on heroic. The damage is low. Also, you need to pass it around every now and then anyway. It stacks slowly. We had it mostly on a warlock, they have huge healthpools and I believe some kind of constantly rolling selfheal.

This entire fight is easy. Tank damage is almost non existant. The ability of the shadow clone can entirely be cheesed by bursting him before he casts it. We did that months ago and you surely can do that today. Wait for rings to be up again, if necessairy. Everything beyond is PURE execution of mechanics. Pass Orb to player x at second y. You probably could script it if fire didn´t have a somewhat random character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

The tick from Radiance of Anzu is MUCH MUCH less on Mythic than on Heroic. Even 40 stacks barely tickles. It's easy to have just one trustworthy person carry it in every air phase and do interrupts and dispels.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember worrying about the stacks during early progressions, since people kept throwing the Eye to me all the time instead of dispels only. Except that damage was so low that it didn't really matter. About the only time it starts to hurt is chakram + laser, but you should be covered by other healers at that point, so no problem. Plus Disc get their built-in damage reduction, so they'll take less damage than other players anyway.

Idk why you'd do that. People will eventually have to throw it back to the pally anyways after winds, why not just hold off till transition?

I mean, our guild goes out of our way to reduce personal responsibility (progressed on burn resonance strat so we didn't have to learn chains) and we never did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

For us, iskar was by far the easiest boss during progression (we had like 10-15 wipe), just have 4 people olding the eye for the whole figth, use the eye to remove the debuff as well and 3 heal iskar.Save all cds for intermissions and use Ring + cds on first M add, Ring+ second pot on second M add. During third one just spread 5 yard and nuke iskar with hero. If u have less then 6 mdps and enough dps to burst 25M in 20 sec then u can just faceroll the figth with any guild.

The eye stacks don't matter at all on mythic. They do shit-all for damage. Pass it around if you want, but it's definitely not essential. I've never seen the healer or tank it sits on most of the fight be in the slightest danger of dying from it, from when we did the fight with a ring for each intermission until now. It's easier to just have people toss it to the same person every time after winds and not have to think about it.

Deleted
    We had our dk tank hold the eye the whole fight, tossing it around for winds and dispells obviously, and occasionally tossing it to the other tank for whatever the ability is called that makes you drop the eye otherwise. He doesn't even feel the damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have our 2nd tank pick it up at the start. Once it gets riposte'd off the closest person hangs on to it until winds. Last winds holds it unless we're about to transition, then it goes back to 1 of our 3 healers whom we trust for dispels. Usually it's our druid healer though since he's the most trusted but we've trained multiple people after getting screwed the week our druid was out. But other than that we just let it stick with the last person with winds or whomever grabs it after it's knocked out.

We do save the ring to ensure the new add gets killed which I think is a crutch but it seems very close even with the ring. Our problems are never between phases. Only with the transitions so it makes sense.

Even in a 7 min fight with our healer holding it a lot, the max tick was 23k. It hits for 172k on average or 85k if you're not the target.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222