Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Suuuure, 'understeer'. And coincidentally not turning the wheel.

So this is them being side by side,

and this is Hamilton being ahead.
    How about you use a video and not a photo, since what you're doing here is ignoring the fact that Rosberg is close to Hamilton because he carried more speed past the braking point than hamilton did, in an effort to catch hamilton and run him wide. Where in Austin they are alongside each other during the whole corner, in Austria Hamilton was clearly ahead, and Rosberg ran into him because he didn't turn for the corner while he was way beyond the turn in point, where as in Austin Hamilton is clearly seen turning for the corner exactly on point

Hamilton is ahead by the 300m braking board, the braking point for this corner is at the 100m braking board (or later in dry qualifying). The bias in your post is really quite unreasonable, if you want to look at something then look at the whole picture and not manufacture something by omitting the evidence.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-07-17 at 02:53 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    How about you use a video and not a photo, since what you're doing here is ignoring the fact that Rosberg is close to Hamilton because he carried more speed past the braking point than hamilton did, in an effort to catch hamilton and run him wide. Where in Austin they are alongside each other during the whole corner, in Austria Hamilton was clearly ahead, and Rosberg ran into him because he didn't turn for the corner while he was way beyond the turn in point, where as in Austin Hamilton is clearly seen turning for the corner exactly on point

Hamilton is ahead by the 300m braking board, the braking point for this corner is at the 100m braking board (or later in dry qualifying). The bias in your post is really quite unreasonable, if you want to look at something then look at the whole picture and not manufacture something by omitting the evidence.
    I believe the boards are 150 100 and 50 for that corner. In the video you can see that Lewis is never more than a half a car length ahead at the most at any of those positions. He may be slightly ahead, but he's still the attacking driver, and he was never far enough ahead to turn in for the apex. If he had, the resulting contact would have been his fault. I think that's clear.

I agree a little more with your position on Austin, but Brundle still says Hamilton failed to turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I believe the boards are 150 100 and 50 for that corner. In the video you can see that Lewis is never more than a half a car length ahead at the most at any of those positions. He may be slightly ahead, but he's still the attacking driver, and he was never far enough ahead to turn in for the apex. If he had, the resulting contact would have been his fault. I think that's clear.

I agree a little more with your position on Austin, but Brundle still says Hamilton failed to turn.
    Aye you're right, seems to be 150, 100, 50m with the braking point at 100m.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    And you call me biased. "Turning for the corner exactly on point" - rofl, have you even watched the Austin video? Even Brundle was laughing at it.
    He was turning in, watch the video. It's an objective observation, there is no room for bias in analysis. I'm far from being a hamilton fan, I look at each situation as I see it, not try to find justifications for my favourite drivers. I pretty much always agree with the stewards and how they view a situation, it's rare where I see things differently and that might be from from lack of information by comparison.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-07-24 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Aye you're right, seems to be 150, 100, 50m with the braking point at 100m.
    But I agree with you on the main point; even if Lewis was only halfway alongside, the stewards would probably have seen it the same way, with Nico taking such a wide entry and turning so late and so far from the apex.

More up to date, I missed qualifying, gonna watch it now. My brother said it was eventful, is all he would say, lol.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2016-07-24 at 01:01 AM.

It had a lot of rain, some crashes, and a lot of delays. Lewis got unlucky in being the first car to arrive at Alonso's spun car, but I think Rosberg arrived late enough that it didn't really affect his lap. Unlucky for Lewis, but that's just how it goes at times.

I get the feeling we're going to get a race of Lewis trailing Rosberg and hoping for an undercut at a pitstop, which wont be easy as Rosberg gets the choice on when to stop. I hope the McLarens can do decently and both finish top ten at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    It had a lot of rain, some crashes, and a lot of delays. Lewis got unlucky in being the first car to arrive at Alonso's spun car, but I think Rosberg arrived late enough that it didn't really affect his lap. Unlucky for Lewis, but that's just how it goes at times.

I get the feeling we're going to get a race of Lewis trailing Rosberg and hoping for an undercut at a pitstop, which wont be easy as Rosberg gets the choice on when to stop. I hope the McLarens can do decently and both finish top ten at least.
    Yeah :/

Hungary, for all its challenges, is pretty much a procession unless you can engineer a pass at the pit stops. Of which there may not be many, due to the brand new asphalt.

Well Lewis had the perfect thing happen there, shame Ricciardo couldnt hold second.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, a rather controlled win for Lewis I spose. Nico must be feeling down, getting the luck to get poke and then to lose it in the first corner, relinquishing the championship lead at the same time.

Max got away with a bit today, Kimi did well to work his way up the field.

As predicted, a procession with most of the action happening in the pit lane.

Seriously remove the fucking radio rule already. Jenson had barely any brakes. It's a fucking safety issue.

Interesting bit of news concerning Ferrari with James Allison leaving, though not all that surprising it puts a lot of doubt on their near future.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari...son-departure/

I think they will be hoping they can lure Ross Brawn back, but that's probably not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Seriously remove the fucking radio rule already. Jenson had barely any brakes. It's a fucking safety issue.
    http://www.espn.in/f1/story/_/id/171...axes-radio-ban

Done

Rosberg being a naughty little boy again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw that coming once again Nico started turning so late into the corner he was asking for the penalty.

I should just switch to Sky already shouldn't I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Rosberg claiming he was full locked while he didn't steer at all. What a poor start by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Lol Rosberg claiming he was full locked while he didn't steer at all. What a poor start by the way.
    Rosberg really likes to provoke the ire of others lately ;p

- - - Updated - - -

The hell Ricci?

https://twitter.com/ZiggoSport/statu...48939482435584

Rosberg is turning into a fucking joke of a driver. Retard seriously tried to claim he had full lock before Max went off? Yeah and F1 cars can fly Nico if you turn the engine off. . Seriously stick me in that Merc and I'll show him driving... or probably finish 21st every race . I mean imagine if James Hunt had still been alive today and was commentating on that he would have a thing or two to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Rosberg really likes to provoke the ire of others lately ;p

- - - Updated - - -

The hell Ricci?

https://twitter.com/ZiggoSport/statu...48939482435584
    It's a "Shoey"
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-31 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    Break came at the right time for Nico, he's falling apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't he start to break at the same time last year also?