Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    *cough* Deadpool *cough*
    ok point taken, tho its safe to say that was an exception, a wild card basically.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    Anyone who still thinks this is going to be good is delusional or is just some 12 year old kid who wants to see some orcs beat up on humans and listen to abysmal one liners for over an hour.
    And this is the day when mr. Saruman-the-not-so-wise suddenly realised that whole warcraft universe is made for 12 year olds.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Well that's the last shred of hope gone for me. The new ad has put the nail in the coffin. This film is going to be a fucking film for 12 year olds. Listen to the music, the formulaic "comedy". Every beat in the new ad trailer is so god damn predictable. It's all just a cynical attempt to pull in more subs for WoW. This is a family friendly film about orcs versus humans and you can tell how little substance it's going to have. It's so god damn cringe-worthy. Where is the Warcraft feeling? What is with the damn generic action music? It's the most generic, vanilla, bland attempt I've ever seen. If I was going to make a trailer I'd start it off slow and atmospheric, with building music that actually pays homage to Warcraft/WoW tracks.

Fuck it.

Anyone who still thinks this is going to be good is delusional or is just some 12 year old kid who wants to see some orcs beat up on humans and listen to abysmal one liners for over an hour.
    Pretty sure most adults don't throw temper tantrums over movie trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    R-rated movies of 2015 -

The Revenant
    The Hateful Eight
    The Big Short
    The Witch
    Room
    Spotlight
    The Danish Girl
    Mad Max: Fury Road
    Carol
    Sicario

To name a few.... all of which were highly rated amount critics.
    non of which are blockbuster material.

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Another "person X doesn't like something connected to wow / blizzard" thread. Do we really need 100 of these every day?
    This site thrives on it.

R-rated movies of 2015 -

The Revenant
    The Hateful Eight
    The Big Short
    The Witch
    Room
    Spotlight
    The Danish Girl
    Mad Max: Fury Road
    Carol
    Sicario

To name a few.... all of which were highly rated amount critics.
    of that list I would only count the revenant, mad Max, and hateful eight as blockbusters

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by What is wrong with you View Post
    "Here is what I think a movie will be about, and if you don't agree with me then go fuck yourself". It's ironic that you talk about how childish something is, while coming off like a child having a temper tantrum.
    My thoughts exactly to me the OP comes off as a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum in the toys aisle because their parents refuse to by them a toy they want so much..

Pretty much the whole OP screams of immaturity especially the last paragraph..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Sounds like it will be perfect for you then.
    Exactly, I wonder how old the OP is because if they are older than 12 then they sure don't act like it not by all the tantrum throwing that I have seen in their posts in this thread so far..

Quote Originally Posted by deloctyte View Post
    The tiny smidgen of humor in the instagram add actually gave a bit more hope to me. Warcraft isn't, and has never been "Dark" per se. Some levity is required, and the plot is already heavy enough as is, what with an imminent genocide on the way. :P
    Considering every expansion has had some quest line about poop I would say the game isn't or never has been R rated.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It appeals to me and I'm 30 years old
    It appeals to me as well and I am 47 from what I have seen it looks really good.. It can't be any worse than the incoming train wreck that is the new Ghostbusters movie..

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    of that list I would only count the revenant, mad Max, and hateful eight as blockbusters
    Add in deadpool that is a lot more than no more adult themed blockbuster movies. So the poster was wrong and was proven wrong

Anyone who still thinks this is going to be good is delusional
    If I were to say anything, the majority of (reasonable) people isn't thinking anything specific yet, and will wait till they actually watch the movie before making judgements on it

Warcraft has some dark and interesting stories, but it was never very mature. Since the beggining it's been filled with "cool" in a nearly childish (but awesome ) way, along with pop culture references and humor.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-03-19 at 03:24 PM.

To base how good a movie will be by a trailer is stupid. Some of biggest dog pile of movies had really good trailers. Know why everything good in the movie is in the trailer( lots of comedies and horror movies have done this). At least wait to some reviewers have seen it before judging it.

The reason I'm pissed off is because Duncan Jones said from the start it'd be like Gladiator. Is it fuck. That hope is long gone now. What a blatant lie.
    Did you think it was going to be a rated R gorefest? If so, you really need to recalibrate a lot of things about your worldview.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I do think the music in the lil video on the front page is really out of place. It doesn't seem to fit the content of the video at all or the epic feel that they've always tried to wrap warcraft in. It seems very out of place alongside all the other trailers.

Don't really think that makes the movie something else just because the advertising is poor for it though.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Pretty sure most adults don't throw temper tantrums over movie trailers.
    Adults usually don't it is those young folk who think that they are supposedly acting mature that throw the most temper tantrums..

Why complain aren't that the movies y'all like to watch ?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Why complain aren't that the movies y'all like to watch ?
    Heck there are some kids shows that I like to watch such as Spongebob, Rabbids, Adventure Time, The Regular Show and Teen Titans Go.. Because I like to have a laugh and I know that there is no swearing in them and more..

The funny thing is that when you are young you want to be older and more mature, but when you are older you want to be young again life is too short enjoy it while you can..

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc you like the film. Your avatar and the use of "super cool" says a lot.
    He never said he liked the film because it is not even out yet. But what he did say was that he liked the trailer which is not even the same thing.
    Your stubbornness, crying and complaining over a film that is not even out yet says a lot. You don't have to like everything and you have the right to your own opinion but keep it for yourself instead of bashing on others. It seems more like you are a 12 year old butthurt kid.

Deleted
    Well they haven't pulled out some forced pop culture reference like an troll Miley or rapping orcs yet as far as I know.

>pop beats and le funny joke in the instagram ad

Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    ofc its for kiddies there wont ever be a blockbuster again not rated pg 13.
    Deadpool says hello
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."