Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Micky Neilson leaving blizzard :(

"After 22 years, I’m leaving Blizzard.

The time has come for me to pursue personal projects that I love. I’ll be moving from California to Washington State. My last day at Blizzard will be March 25th.

I look forward to working with Blizzard on freelance projects, one of which will be announced shortly. Aside from that, my upcoming works might include more game-related writing, script writing, consultation…and most certainly, novels. All of which will be announced and discussed right here in this newsletter, once a month

I spent some of the best years of my life at Blizzard. It’s a bittersweet departure to say the least. But I’m excited for all the opportunities that lie ahead!

So…there you have it, the big news. Thank you all for your continued support!!"

http://blizzardwatch.com/2016/03/19/...ving-blizzard/

he finally got chronicle out, now hes leaving rip
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh he used the word "bittersweet." I can't wait to see all the people who don't understand that term jump to conclusions!

And hey, maybe now they'll get some better writers.

So many leaving at Blizzard, it makes you think huh? Inb4 Chris Metzen leaves.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    So true. I'm glad whoever he was he is gone. Because the publishing part was really subpair and bad.

Deleted
    Looks like hiring 'more devs than ever before' was just preperation for so many seniors leaving Blizzard.
    And people gobbled it up and preached it as some 'assuring positive news'. Another grand Blizzard PR twist for you.

Weren't the last two big people to leave community managers? And this guy was their publishing lead Neither of those are dev position

Just seems more like you have an axe to grind than a point to make.

By mid 2016 there's no one original at Blizzard left outside of the big boss and the retcon guy.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Weren't the last two big people to leave community managers? And this guy was their publishing lead Neither of those are dev position

Just seems more like you have an axe to grind than a point to make.
    how does it seem like i have an axe to grind? dude was a genuinely nice guy who championed for chronicle to get finished and talked about lore with the fans.

im sad that hes leaving
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

They probably had enough of destroying this game...

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope when i some day i can attend Blizzcon there is still someone left to meet ;____;
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how does it seem like i have an axe to grind? dude was a genuinely nice guy who championed for chronicle to get finished and talked about lore with the fans.

im sad that hes leaving
    Conscience, not you. The post above mine, figured immediately being under him wouldn't be a source of miscommunication, sorry! :P

Carbine Fires 60 people and its nothing, Blizz has a few people leave voluntarily and its the end of Blizz... they are not even in "major" positions to do with the health of the game, CM help the health of the community...

all the old timers abandoning the sinking ship

Ghostcrawler, Micky Neilson, Rob Pardo, Paul Sams, Bashiok, Zarhym, Crithto all left after their contribution to WoD. It seems like there is a huge internal struggle regarding the direction of WoW. Let's hope that Blizzard can move forward with these high profile departures.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    "old timers" being the point here - they've worked at Blizzard for a LONG time, so being a human, after that long they want change. It's not about "jumping a sinking ship" or whatever 12 year old connotation you want to associate with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBull300 View Post
    Carbine Fires 60 people and its nothing, Blizz has a few people leave voluntarily and its the end of Blizz... they are not even in "major" positions to do with the health of the game, CM help the health of the community...
    People leaving a major game company is worse then some laid off workers due to the economy being bad.. that said nobody would leave a major game company that has good ratings and fun games they themselves enjoy clearly they don't and blizzard has neither anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Ooh he used the word "bittersweet." I can't wait to see all the people who don't understand that term jump to conclusions!

Why are so many posts on this shithole of a website passive-aggressive?

It's like you're all painfully lacking emotional security.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it, Blizzard employs almost 5000 employees, do people here think a company of that size doesn't have people leaving and joining the company each year?

Deleted
    In other news; people change jobs after decades of one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So many leaving at Blizzard, it makes you think huh? Inb4 Chris Metzen leaves.
    After seeing how many times the term "Awesome power" was used in chronicles, i'd be okay with this.

It really ruined the mood everytime you read awesome power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    Funny I predicted earlier before there was a thread that one of the arguments people would make "Rats abandoning a sinking ship" would be used by someone who is pessimistic and narcissistic about blizzard. Hey I was right!