Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    God, people who can't be decent parents shouldn't be parents. This is why I'm for abortion/birth control/adoption/abstinence/all the works. If you can't be a parent, don't be a fucking parent.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Ether that or high on some mind altering drug. Of course some people are just evil. But in this case, I would vote mental illness.
    I'd say having a heavy evil streak is a mental illness in itself. If she were a sadist, I highly doubt the kid would have lived as old as 2. Best telling is if there were other signs of abuse, very little is explained so far.

The small silver lining I see in this is the child is still alive and won't have to remember much of that twisted parent. Hope he/she is moved to a caring family.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post

Yea, what the fuck entire state of people who obviously held several meetings to discuss the conspiracy of collectively burning a child together as a group.
    Florida Man meets Texas Woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    There may be some elements of mental illness and/or drug abuse. Unfortunately, it was a two year old ... known as the Terrible Twos or as the Chinese say "at that age even the dog doesn't love them". This wouldn't be the first time someone tried to do away with a kid with the idea that the evidence can be fed to the dogs or the rats. She may not have had the nerve to smother or knife the kid, but perhaps thought it would die quietly in the oven.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Varok Saurfang
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I think it was the sounds of the draenei children that unnerved most of them... You never forget...
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Have you ever been to Jaggedswine Farm? When the swine are of age for the slaughter... It's that sound. The sound of the swine being killed... It resonates the loudest. Those are hard times for us older veterans.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: But surely you cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!
    High Overlord Saurfang shakes his head.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I am not speaking solely of the children of our enemies...
    High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes...
    Saurfang turns away and looks at the map instead.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: How have you managed to survive for so long, Saurfang? Not fallen victim to your own memories?
    Saurfang turns around for a moment to answer.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I don't eat pork...
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2016-03-20 at 08:24 AM. Reason: A necessary reference
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what her defense would be...?

"She just liked to sleep in the oven, kids ay?"
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, it looks like Floridan waters have reached Texas... Let's see how long it takes for them to get here.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Maybe this guy was round for dinner.

Still choking on my tea after seeing this hahaha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Mental illness?
    Single mother. She's probably exhausted on top of anything else there might be. Not trying to excuse her but, yeah.

This comes to mind

Last edited by Vinictus; 2016-03-20 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    thats taking the saying "a bun in the oven" a little too far.

Just put her down.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    How do you get severe body burns but not mild/severe airway burns and suffocate in this context?
    It actually takes air a while to heat up, as it's a strong insulator (the insulatory material in fiberglass is actually the air pockets, not the plastic) and most of the hot air in an oven will escape when the door opens. By contrast, it only takes a few seconds to receive second-degree burns from contact with hot metal, let alone proximity to the heating elements. Clearly, she either didn't have the will to go through with it and turned herself in, or the neighbors heard the racket the kid was making and stopped her (but that would be odd since she was the only adult present when the cops showed up).
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Just put her down.
    Down in the oven?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'd say having a heavy evil streak is a mental illness in itself. If she were a sadist, I highly doubt the kid would have lived as old as 2. Best telling is if there were other signs of abuse, very little is explained so far.

The small silver lining I see in this is the child is still alive and won't have to remember much of that twisted parent. Hope he/she is moved to a caring family.
    Yeah. Some feel that way. Thankfully however we executed Ted Bundy and a few more like him. But we should not be executing or sending to prison for a long time those with a mental illness.

Deleted
    The topic is harmless because it isn't called "Mother admits that 2 year old was tasty".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Florida Man meets Texas Woman.
    A match made in White Trash heaven

Uh....yeah, there is obviously something very wrong with this lady. I hope she's not allowed to be unsupervised anywhere near the kid again for a very long time.

The article doesn't explain why she did it though. I'm very curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I have Disco Inferno stuck in my head

15+ Year Old Account
    What's the difference between a pizza and a toddler?

*insert punchline*