10+ Year Old Account

Transferring gold between realms, how?

Hi, first off, I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where to put it.

Anyway, I have been playing a lot of Horde lately and gotten a quite nice amount of gold on it. However, I miss my Alliance and decided to go ally all the way again. Problem is I want the gold my horde has on my allies.

How can I move the gold easily between them? They are on different realms.

I heard you can migrate a bank with gold in it, I have about 600k i want to move from horde realm to ally realm. How much can a character hold? and how much can a bank hold? Do I change the chars to alliance and THEN migrate, or can I migrate the horde and then change to alliance? Will the guildbank be affected of changed to alliance?

Also, any level requirement for the migrate? I want to keep my 100 horde on the realm. Got a 20 alt I want to move with the gold (on the char and rest in bank), does it have to be 100 or will 20 work?

Could someone guide me how to do this easily
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Currently it is 50k per transferred character. But, in Legion it is going up to 200k per transferred character. I believe a guild transfer can bring over 999,999 gold.

There is no "easy" way. Just what you already said character transfers. The only in-game way I know works, is selling pets as they are account bound.

Buy expensive battle pets, learn them on your horde then cage and sell them on Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if I make a guild on my hordes realm, then transfer the guild to alliance realm, how much gold can it hold?
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    A guild can hold 999k. You need to be GM for at least 7 days to move the guild.

But it's better to sell TCG pets in my opinion. In your case it would be like 8 pets. If it's different pets, could take at least 1 month if you use AH only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    A guild can hold 999k. You need to be GM for at least 7 days to move the guild.

But it's better to sell TCG pets in my opinion. In your case it would be like 8 pets. If it's different pets, could take at least 1 month if you use AH only.
    I would not make any profit on TCG pets, as they are like 2/3 rd the price on my target realm compared to current.

But thanks, will make a guild and move in a week

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Buy expensive battle pets, learn them on your horde then cage and sell them on Alliance.
    This is the most straight-forward way, yeah. You can also do it with BoE trinkets and such. The only caveat is that you lose money through AH fees (unless you sell directly) and that you have to actually sell the item, which can take a while with expensive things.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I would not make any profit on TCG pets, as they are like 2/3 rd the price on my target realm compared to current.

But thanks, will make a guild and move in a week
    Make sure you're not cheating yourself in the end. A faction change is $30, and a server transfer is $25, so that cost is $55 right there just to move some gold.

You're moving 600K, so even if you only got 2/3 back, you're still looking at 400K without having to fork over any money. All that being said, is there a reason you need the gold on the other server? If you're sitting on that much, chances are you're not having a hard time making it, and frankly I think it be smarter to just start earning money on the Alliance realm and then use that 600K to buy game time for the next two-ish years via the token system. In the end, you'll not only save the $55 transfer fee, but also another $360 in game time that you won't need to purchase.

I'd consider how much gold your character has that you want to transfer versus how much a guild and/or character transfer and faction change is.

If a character/guild transfer is more than the equivalent cost in tokens, then you may as well just buy tokens and leave the gold on your horde toons alone.

PRICES FOR US SERVERS.

Example 1: I have 100,000 gold on horde I want to transfer to alliance on another server. So I look at a character transfer which is $25 AND a faction change which is $30. So effectively $55. I can sell roughly 3 tokens right now for 40k gold each so 120k gold for $60. In this case, it's not worth transferring a character because the cost is pretty similar but I have a good chance to come out a head with gold by spending an extra $5 on the tokens instead of a character transfer and faction change.

Example 2: I have 500,000 gold on horde I want to transfer to alliance on another server. So I look at a character transfer which is $25 AND a faction change which is $30. So effectively $55. I can sell roughly 13 tokens right now for 40k gold each so 520k gold for $260. In this case, it's worth transferring a character because the token cost is considerably higher. Although in this case, you're likely looking at a guild transfer. Still overall cheaper than buying tokens to resell.

Example 3: I have 50,000 gold on horde I want to transfer to alliance on another server. So I look at a character transfer which is $25 AND a faction change which is $30. So effectively $55. I can sell roughly 2 tokens right now for 40k gold each so 80k gold for $40. In this case, it's not worth transferring a character because the token cost is considerably lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Make sure you're not cheating yourself in the end. A faction change is $30, and a server transfer is $25, so that cost is $55 right there just to move some gold.

You're moving 600K, so even if you only got 2/3 back, you're still looking at 400K without having to fork over any money. All that being said, is there a reason you need the gold on the other server? If you're sitting on that much, chances are you're not having a hard time making it, and frankly I think it be smarter to just start earning money on the Alliance realm and then use that 600K to buy game time for the next two-ish years via the token system. In the end, you'll not only save the $55 transfer fee, but also another $360 in game time that you won't need to purchase.

Well, most come from some decent deals and part is also something I got from an IRL mate who quit playing. Point is, I'm not that good at making gold. Don't wanna sound like a douche but I got a pretty nice salary, I can afford it. Mostly wanted to check how much you can transfer/how to do etc.

Can't you buy garrisons blue prints for 1500g and vendor them for the same amount?

Unless you are really tight on inventory it works alright to do it that way.

Deleted
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...acter-transfer

The amount of gold you can take with you (this is without moving a guildbank) has changed recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Can't you buy garrisons blue prints for 1500g and vendor them for the same amount?

Unless you are really tight on inventory it works alright to do it that way.
    Pretty sure they were patched to be made unique because of this.