Thread: Macro Help..

Question Macro Help..

Hi There,

I recently started playing Mage and use the following macro's for Arcane Missiles:-

#showtooltip
    /cast [nochanneling] Arcane Missiles

Speaks for itself, a simple nochanneling macro.

I recently got the Prophecy of Fear trinket and someone suggested to me to use a Mouseover macro for Arcane Missiles so you do not need to change target etc.

#showtooltip
    /cleartarget [dead][noharm]
    /targetenemy [noexists]
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists,nohelp] Arcane Missiles; Arcane Missiles
    /run

Not sure if all the commands in the macro are needed but it works fine.

Question is this:-

Is there any way to add the nochanneling command to macro number two or is that not possible with mouseover?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Deleted
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead,nochanneling] Arcane Missiles; [nochanneling] Arcane Missiles

would be my guess, but can't try it at the moment. Don't know if you really want that cleartarget and target enemy in the macro.... don't see a use for those. as far as I know you can add the condition in [...] in front of every spell in your macro

p.s. I even doupt the "exists" is nescessary and it might be writtena lot shorter....
    Last edited by mmoc4bdec3ae25; 2016-03-21 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LI2Atronach View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead,nochanneling] Arcane Missiles; [nochanneling] Arcane Missiles

would be my guess, but can't try it at the moment. Don't know if you really want that cleartarget and target enemy in the macro.... don't see a use for those. as far as I know you can add the condition in [...] in front of every spell in your macro

p.s. I even doupt the "exists" is nescessary and it might be writtena lot shorter....
    Your macro works a treat!
    Many Thanks

Why are you using nochanneling on AM? The ticks add on AFAIK. They didn't a few expansions back, but they have for a while now. I'd use it on AB or ABarr so you can mash those without interrupting an AM cast, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-03-21 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    The ticks add on AFAIK.
    What do you mean? A new cast interrupts Arcane Missiles in the middle without it.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What do you mean? A new cast interrupts Arcane Missiles in the middle without it.
    It acts like a DoT and adds the remaining missile ticks onto the next cast, like Mind Flay does.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    It acts like a DoT and adds the remaining missile ticks onto the next cast, like Mind Flay does.
    Do you have a source to confirm this?
    If so I been playing my Shadow Priest all wrong for quite a few years, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesi View Post
    Do you have a source to confirm this?
    If so I been playing my Shadow Priest all wrong for quite a few years, lol.
    The ticks most definitely add up on Mind Flay/Insanity.

Don't know if there's a source, but most of the guides typically mention something like this (and I've seen it in game). Dunno if the same goes for the Missiles though.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-03-21 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    The ticks most definitely add up on Mind Flay/Insanity.

Don't know if there's a source, but most of the guides typically mention something like this (and I've seen it in game). Dunno if the same goes for the Missiles though.
    Fairly sure it does, last I played Mage I was able to add the extra ticks on the end. Worked exactly the same as Mind Flay. You can just log in game and press AM, wait for all but the last tick, and press the next one. You'll notice it will do an extra tick on the very end of the second cast.

Deleted
    Ticks add up if you recast before the very last missle launched.

If you get an addon like Gnosis to show you at what point of the cast the missles are launched, you can cast the next spell more precisely.

Also no channeling macro will have delay between casts because of latency. In order for a no channeling macro to work w/o dps loss you will need a server latency of <9 and fast fingers.

Cheers

Deleted
    You give some contradictory replies here. It either can carry over the last pellet or several remaining pellets, not both statements can be true. But you gave food for thought and testing, thanks.

I'm not sure how many ticks carry over, but at least 1 will for definite. Just test it, should be easy enough.

Deleted
    There is no limit/time restriction. The AMs can just be spammed. Only caveat is the last one must complete.