Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Hunter. Nothing is simpler than a hunter.
    I don't think that hunters are simple, for me it's by far the most difficult class to play in arena, compared to the other ones I play: rogue and DK in Arena, in BGs also SPriest.

Traps are so called "skillshots", this alone makes hunters difficult. It's pathetic wenn you look at streams of 3k rated players, and they need to pre CC the pre CC in order to land the main CC:

1. place binding shot
    2. use explosive trap to prevent further movement of your target
    3. now land the freezing trap

Which other class has to do this crap? Pre CC the pre CC to land the main CC?! And no it's not a normal CC chain, it's done specifically to give freezing trap a reliable chance to trigger.

As I already said, this is from R1 streams on twitch, not from some 1,5k rated dude.

Mage is honestly best call here. Safe choice, easy to play, either solid or borderline OP (changes from season to season, but always viable).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    I don't think that hunters are simple, for me it's by far the most difficult class to play in arena, compared to the other ones I play: rogue and DK in Arena, in BGs also SPriest.

Traps are so called "skillshots", this alone makes hunters difficult. It's pathetic wenn you look at streams of 3k rated players, and they need to pre CC the pre CC in order to land the main CC:

1. place binding shot
    2. use explosive trap to prevent further movement of your target
    3. now land the freezing trap

Which other class has to do this crap? Pre CC the pre CC to land the main CC?! And no it's not a normal CC chain, it's done specifically to give freezing trap a reliable chance to trigger.

As I already said, this is from R1 streams on twitch, not from some 1,5k rated dude.
    I have an alt lvl 100 hunter too. Hunter trapping does take some time getting used to but it isn't that hard to master. Most classes have some mechanic that takes time getting used to, on WW monk executing proper burst is difficult to master also the jump+torpedo bug, on DK it takes time getting used to ccing using Dark simulacrum.
    Pulling off stun as a shaman is also difficult.

I say hunters are simpler because in 2s you can get 2k+ rating as a hunter with lower skill cap compared to any other class.

Mage is great, but you gotta be good with your CC its not all about damages ive done 3s with some mages who couldnt sheep or deep for shit, Spriest is alot of fun especially in rbgs and its a pretty simple rotation, havent tried boomkin but have played with some AMAZING ones, and hunters are great and not too hard. Really it comes down to what you are good at and what you feel most comfortable playing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    I've been mainly a PVE player since BC, but I feel like creating a character specifically for PVP.

What I'm looking for is a class that is simple in playstyle. In PVP settings, I currently have a hard time pressing a lot of diff buttons. Which frustrates me, but I am trying. I'm looking for a ranged class/spec that is simple in gameplay for a starter PVPer.

Hopefully this isn't a stereotypical new pvper post but, oh well.
    Definitely a hunter.