Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bill Clinton slams Obama in Hillary campaigning speech.

"...if you believe we’ve finally come to the point where we can put the awful legacy of the last eight years behind us..."
    Oh snap Bill, you go boy.

Hes got a good speechwriter.

Notice the connection between "change maker" and then the slam on Obama's reign?

An obvious dig at the "hope and change" scam of 2008.

But what I'm wondering is: Will this be walked back?

Hillary is greatly depending on cover from this administration's DOJ so if this was a true slam on Obama, as opposed to just a stunt, then we'll probably see a bit of liberal media surrogate whitewashing over this comment in the days to come.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama was a much better president than Bill.

This really doesn't mean much.

talking shit on obama is what hurt her last campaign, from both bill and hillary.

so lets hope this hurts the bitch.

Woa, we can listen to Bill talk without paying out the ass for the privilege? Gosh, how generous, I think I'll pass all the same.

Things have been steadily improving for the past eight years. I'm satisfied with Obama though not super happy about him. Clinton's legacy on the other hand hasn't aged well, and I'm willing to pull away from anyone he supports.

Obama is in a pretty tough spot with the Clintons, no doubt about it. He hates them, as they hate him. He'll never forgive the 'a few years ago this guy would be getting us coffee' bit, and he'll never forget that it was Hillary's campaign that started the whole birther thing. Yet he needs her to win so his legacy isn't erased by Trump or Sanders.

Funny situation, and I hope it gives him fits.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

"Awful legacy"...like that guy left office scandal-less. And I loved Clinton. Obama did not live up to the change campaign he promised but republicans and democrats have become more polarized since Bill's tenure. Getting things done has become progressively more difficult.

It was clear there was no love lost between the Clintons and the Obamas for some time, they were political allies out of necessity. Remember that resting bitch face Michelle was giving Hillary back in '08? If anything I think the Obamas have been more gracious than the Clintons have been since that time.

Bill and Hillary remind me of the Underwoods from House of Cards and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were who the show's characters were modeled after.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    talking shit on obama is what hurt her last campaign, from both bill and hillary.

so lets hope this hurts the bitch.
    I'd far prefer Hillary over Trump, even if I don't want to vote for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Oh snap Bill, you go boy.

Hes got a good speechwriter.

Notice the connection between "change maker" and then the slam on Obama's reign?

An obvious dig at the "hope and change" scam of 2008.

But what I'm wondering is: Will this be walked back?

Hillary is greatly depending on cover from this administration's DOJ so if this was a true slam on Obama, as opposed to just a stunt, then we'll probably see a bit of liberal media surrogate whitewashing over this comment in the days to come.
    That's from 1993 and Clinton was talking about George Herbert Walker Bush and Reagan, both Republicans.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's from 1993 and Clinton was talking about George Herbert Walker Bush and Reagan, both Republicans.
    Ahh this makes more sense. Faith restored.

Still think the Clintons and Obamas have a begrudging alliance, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What's from 1993?

Oh I see what you did...

Sorry bro, he was talking about Obama.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

The truth is not really a slam, I'm just surprised he told the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not from 1993 but he's talking about policies from the past 7 years and the 8 before that and specifically mentions regulations. Given that he doesn't mention Obama by name I'm not buying the OPs narrative.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Ahh this makes more sense. Faith restored.

Still think the Clintons and Obamas have a begrudging alliance, however.
    No it's certainly not from 1993, Bill Clinton didn't have grey hair or look close to this in 1993. I don't know the exact date but it's recent, within weeks or months.

I had to go back and watch the whole thing a couple times, and surprisingly it's actually not taken out of context. He really was bashing Obama. I don't think that helps her at all though. It's not been much of a secret that Obama and the Clintons have disliked each other. But it doesn't seem like a good move. There's more to lose in her base that likes Obama than to gain by suddenly bashing him. She was his Sec of State, so it does more to make her look bad than to help her.

He was referring to congressional obstructionism, just spoken poorly. He wasn't bashing Obama, and they've already commented as such when asked.

It's fun, because you can find many links to this story, and all the usual right wing suspects (Breitbart, Washington Examiner, Weekly Standard, Fox) leave out the Clinton spokesman's clarification while only neutral sources include that.
    Last edited by BrerBear; 2016-03-22 at 12:56 AM.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

yeah, really don't give a shit? ever since that little stunt he pulled in Massachusetts Bill can take the train to "GoFuckYourselfland". oh and somehow "make american Great again" doesn't have the exact same ring as "hope and change" did? riiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    No it's certainly not from 1993, Bill Clinton didn't have grey hair or look close to this in 1993. I don't know the exact date but it's recent, within weeks or months.

I had to go back and watch the whole thing a couple times, and surprisingly it's actually not taken out of context. He really was bashing Obama. I don't think that helps her at all though. It's not been much of a secret that Obama and the Clintons have disliked each other. But it doesn't seem like a good move. There's more to lose in her base that likes Obama than to gain by suddenly bashing him. She was his Sec of State, so it does more to make her look bad than to help her.
    Either way, I agree that there's no love lost between the Clintons and Obamas...it was obvious then and it's been obvious with Hillary's campaigning since 2008, which was covered years before her official announcement in various news articles, that she likely feels that the nomination was stolen from her by an outsider to the political establishment. Obama's popularity came out of nowhere...his ride to power was very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    He was referring to congressional obstructionism, just spoken poorly. He wasn't bashing Obama, and they've already commented as such when asked.

It's fun, because you can find many links to this story, and all the usual right wing suspects (Breitbart, Washington Examiner, Weekly Standard, Fox) leave out the Clinton spokesman's clarification while only neutral sources include that.
    Bill is a great speaker, so I'm inclined to think that the ambiguity as to whether or not he's talking about Obama or the Congress is intentional. People will hear what they want to hear out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account

Just going to quote this so people can read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Bill is a great speaker, so I'm inclined to think that the ambiguity as to whether or not he's talking about Obama or the Congress is intentional. People will hear what they want to hear out of it.
    If that were true, they wouldn't have issued the statement clarifying it.
    You can tell that he is speaking spontaneously rather than reading remarks. He goofed.

Seeing as one of her biggest campaign messages is continuing to carry on Obama's legacy, it doesn't make any sense to interpret it otherwise.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    It's not from 1993 but he's talking about policies from the past 7 years and the 8 before that and specifically mentions regulations. Given that he doesn't mention Obama by name I'm not buying the OPs narrative.
    Pretty sure he can't mention him by name since he's issued no formal endorsement.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

If that were true, they wouldn't have issued the statement clarifying it.
    You can tell that he is speaking spontaneously rather than reading remarks. He goofed.

Seeing as one of her biggest campaign messages is continuing to carry on Obama's legacy, it doesn't make any sense to interpret it otherwise.
    Oh, there was a statement? I looked for like right after this story was posted, but I didn't see one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?