Page 1 of 83
... LastLast

[Feral] Legion Discussion

Greetings fellow felines,

I have attempted to search for just such a topic to no avail, if there already is a dedicated post like this my apologies.

Feral

Feral druids also seek to curb imbalance in nature. They observe the fantastic intricacies of the physical world and the delicate fabric in which all living creatures are given purpose. Whether on land or in the sea, in a lush jungle or an uncultivated desert, death is part of the cycle which sustains life. Nature is an eternal dance between predator and prey.
    As a shapeshifter, the feral druid endlessly pursues a greater understanding of this truth. They seek a visceral connection to the wild, and in combat take the form of a deadly feline predator. Feral druids become ferocious, agile stalkers—ripping, biting, and bleeding their enemies dry. The forces of chaos are tamed by the druid’s primal fury.

"Feral druids become ferocious, agile stalkers—ripping, biting, and bleeding their enemies dry"

Gameplay

Feral Druids have a solid gameplay foundation that complements their fiction. Design changes in Legion are tempered, and we’re paying the most attention to talent options that provide a wider array of combat customization. Making Savage Roar optional in the talent tree in Warlords worked well to open up gameplay opportunities. We’re taking this approach further by flipping it around—Savage Roar is now a talent choice matched against two compelling alternatives that cater to different play styles.

Here’s a basic look at the core combat abilities for Feral Druids:

Shred
    40 Energy, Melee Range, Instant
    Shred the target, causing moderate Physical damage to the target. Awards 1 combo point.
    Damage increased by 20% against bleeding targets.
    While stealthed, Shred deals 20% increased damage, and has double the chance to critically strike.

Rake

35 Energy, Melee Range, Instant
    Rake the target for minor Bleed damage and an additional strong Bleed damage over 15 sec. Reduces the target’s movement speed by 50% for 12 sec. Awards 1 combo point.
    While stealthed, Rake will also stun the target for 4 sec.

Rip
    30 Energy, 1 to 5 Combo Points, Melee Range, Instant
    Finishing move that causes massive Bleed damage over 24 sec. Damage increases per combo point.

Ferocious Bite

25 Energy, 1 to 5 Combo Points, Melee Range, Instant
    Finishing move that causes damage per combo point and consumes up to 25 additional Energy to increase damage by up to 100%.
    When used on targets below 25% health, Ferocious Bite will also refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.
    Critical strike chance doubled against bleeding targets.

Omen of Clarity
    Passive
    Your autoattacks have a chance to reduce the Energy cost of your next Cat Form ability by 100%.

Primal Fury
    Passive
    You gain an additional combo point when you critically strike with a combo-generating attack.
    Damage over time cannot trigger this effect.

Mastery: Razor Claws
    Increases the damage done by your Cat Form bleed abilities by 60% (with Mastery from typical gear).
    Additionally, to give you an idea of how some talents may build upon this, here’s an example of one of their Feral-specific talents:

Jagged Wounds
    Passive
    Your Rip, Rake, and Thrash abilities deal the same damage as normal, but in 33% less time.

-------------------------------------
    Will be updating this periodically.

Please feel free to discuss your current views on the fate of feral in legion, however please keep this civilized.

- - - Updated - - -

Keyboard Turner Elliot Madhouse's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not a single comment yet... i'm leveling a druid for legion, is really feral that unpopular?

Deleted
    Or, from a glass half full perspective, maybe there isn't much to complain about until a bigger tuning pass occurs? I'm not saying that as fact, I'm more of a bear tbh, but better to look at it as a good sign I'd think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Madhouse View Post
    Not a single comment yet... i'm leveling a druid for legion, is really feral that unpopular?
    This thread is new. All of the Feral commentary so far has been in other threads.

Plus the class forums are pretty dead right now.

I just posted this last night, and have not had a chance to update with further information. : ) I'm sure in time discussion will form, thus far I am enjoying the state of feral. As said above, the majority of feral discussion has been spread around other posts.

From my time messing around with it on alpha, feral feels VERY faithful to the live version. There's quite a few quality of life improvements (my favorite is the level 15 talent "Predator" which resets the CD on Tiger's Fury when an enemy with one of your bleeds on it dies) but the spec just feels familiar (unlike some others, such as enhancement sham or any hunter spec). Compared to live, the biggest change I can notice is that Savage Roar is no longer baseline and now a talent (competing with incarnation and soul of the forest), and you'll also be losing the major glyphs that make Savage Roar less of a pain to use.

On a bigger note, however, one thing that surprised many druids in my guild (and may not be clear to those not in alpha): your abilities for forms you are not specced into have been EXTREMELY limited, if you are not talented into that affinity. For example: if you don't have resto affinity, your only heal button is Healing Touch. No rejuv. If you don't have guardian affinity, you don't have growl (taunt), or any bear form threat/dps abilities. If you are a guardian druid and not specced into feral affinity, your cat has NO dps abilities, not even shred or ferocious bite (but you can still stealth and skull bash). Read the tooltips on the talent calculators: those are the abilities you GAIN with that affinity, and without that affinity you do not have those abilities at all.

Keyboard Turner Elliot Madhouse's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    On a bigger note, however, one thing that surprised many druids in my guild (and may not be clear to those not in alpha): your abilities for forms you are not specced into have been EXTREMELY limited, if you are not talented into that affinity. For example: if you don't have resto affinity, your only heal button is Healing Touch. No rejuv. If you don't have guardian affinity, you don't have growl (taunt), or any bear form threat/dps abilities. If you are a guardian druid and not specced into feral affinity, your cat has NO dps abilities, not even shred or ferocious bite (but you can still stealth and skull bash). Read the tooltips on the talent calculators: those are the abilities you GAIN with that affinity, and without that affinity you do not have those abilities at all.
    I hate when people complain about changes but this really, really SUCKS. One of the reasons i decided to level a druid is because i'm a very indecisive person and they can do a lot of things if you have the skill and knowledge =(
    Last edited by Elliot Madhouse; 2016-03-23 at 03:22 PM.

Ferals really don't use these forums. We use Fluiddruid and the Alpha forums. There really isn't anything being discussed here when all you do is post a brief overview that blizzard wrote months ago
    Last edited by Kraineth; 2016-03-23 at 07:42 PM.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Ferals really don't use these forums. We use Fluiddruid and the Alpha forums. There really isn't anything being discussed here when all you do is post a brief overview that blizzard wrote months ago
    Indeed, though fluiddruid.net is down currently and have been since i woke up this morning
    Do you know what happens there?
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Can I just hope and wish for an opening rotation that isn't so complex.

I always feel like the opening of ... healing touch, stealth, rake, shred and so on followed by at some point cooldowns and then snapshotting and then at some point something... its just so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Can I just hope and wish for an opening rotation that isn't so complex.

I always feel like the opening of ... healing touch, stealth, rake, shred and so on followed by at some point cooldowns and then snapshotting and then at some point something... its just so annoying.
    It's not overly complicated taht I've ever thought about it(I played a demo lock through t17 and we had something like a 17 step opener), so I do think that with bloodtalons it's an overly complicated opener, I won't not play the class because of it.

Man if Savage Roar is going to be compulsory when Legion comes, I'm going to be so salty lol.

Do we know if atm it IS mandatory in the Alpha?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Man if Savage Roar is going to be compulsory when Legion comes, I'm going to be so salty lol.

Impossible to say for sure if it will be mandatory or not since all the tuning isn't done yet, however it does seem like it will be the strongest talent on that row due to the nature of the spell.

What I'd like to see though for ferals is a shorter duration damage buff on a shorter cooldown like what they've done to quite a few dps specs in legion and this talent tier is a good place to offer that as an option. Currently on alpha berserk is 15s duration on a 3m cd and if you take inc then it becomes 30s duration with added perks on a 3m cd, I'd much rather see the same baseline berserk but if you take inc then it becomes 15s duration with added perks on a 1.5m cd instead. This would imo make it a better competitor with savage roar since it will be more flexible and useful in more situations both in raids and solo or group play.
    Short cooldowns are more fun to play with since you can use them more liberally instead of sitting on them thinking that it might be a "waste" to use right away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post

As I understand it, for single-target it's by far the best (with current tuning, which I'm sure will change). However, as the number of targets increases, the power of Savage Roar decreases, due to its short duration. So on like a council fight you might not want it, or if you primarily do dungeons it won't be very good, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    I don't claim to be some feral guru, or anything like that. I posted the overview as filler, while more changes, and notes are collected. My primary reason for posting this, was to stir a discussion, as has happened.

I intend on playing a feral/gaurdian druid, and possibly a MM or BM hunter as my "mains", as I have not seen much discussion, it would be nice to see the input of those who have had a chance to play it on Alpha, or even pure speculations any opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    As I understand it, for single-target it's by far the best (with current tuning, which I'm sure will change). However, as the number of targets increases, the power of Savage Roar decreases, due to its short duration. So on like a council fight you might not want it, or if you primarily do dungeons it won't be very good, etc.
    Ohk, I see. I hope it doesn't become the must-have talent

Also a question for everyone: Does anyone know how long Fluiddruid is going to be down for? Or what happened?

Anyone know of some alpha feral streams? Or VODs/youtube uploads?

if someone has alpha access .. can you please post the sliding animation in the alpha forums ?

moving while hitting makes you slide around .. they need to fix this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blezius View Post
    if someone has alpha access .. can you please post the sliding animation in the alpha forums ?

moving while hitting makes you slide around .. they need to fix this.
    I really wouldn't get your hopes up on it being fixed. Their "solution" to the Savage Roar sliding animation issue was to remove the Savage Roar animation entirely. I don't expect this to end up any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I really wouldn't get your hopes up on it being fixed. Their "solution" to the Savage Roar sliding animation issue was to remove the Savage Roar animation entirely. I don't expect this to end up any better.
    It's a bit of an issue since you'd need to have two mutually exclusive animations running simultaneously. It works for humanoid animations since they can generally animate the legs seperately. That wouldn't work for cats and bears.