Page 69 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaierr View Post
    Hurray! We need simulations!!
    Wonder how that will compare to SR and INC, if you got the new ring that gives you the passive talent SoTF that should make INC the go to talent over SR.

Equip: Gain the Soul of the Forest talent.
    The new legendary ring.
    Woop woop!

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    i have mained a feral druid since TBC and this is the best feral has ever felt lore wise and gameplay wise.

no changes are needed we have a place at all difficulties in all parts of the game.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    i have mained a feral druid since TBC and this is the best feral has ever felt lore wise and gameplay wise.

no changes are needed we have a place at all difficulties in all parts of the game.
    Lol you're deluded if you think Feral is better now than it was in lets say WoD. Savage Roar is a joke now, its a hassle to work with and just annoying. All other similar buffs have been removed years ago from other classes yet this shitstain has persisted for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral just has a higher player skill cap than other classes and specs in order to maintain "good" DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you on the game play. We only needed the buffs we got to be competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 94th % best avg performance on warcraft logs and still get removed b/c I am "Feral" *rolls eyes*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Lol you're deluded if you think Feral is better now than it was in lets say WoD. Savage Roar is a joke now, its a hassle to work with and just annoying. All other similar buffs have been removed years ago from other classes yet this shitstain has persisted for so long.
    Savage roar is really is to work around so no idea what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by SekhFeral View Post
    Feral just has a higher player skill cap than other classes and specs in order to maintain "good" DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you on the game play. We only needed the buffs we got to be competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 94th % best avg performance on warcraft logs and still get removed b/c I am "Feral" *rolls eyes*

- - - Updated - - -

Savage roar is really is to work around so no idea what you mean.
    Feral has skill ceiling and disgusting high skill floor. And it is more about busy work, like maitaning buffs and debuffs constantly. Ofc you can play easy mode and make unholy look op.

I would love to play feral, even if not on super optimal setup. But as of now, you either do dps and manage things constanly via busy work etc or just dont do dps. So i wont bother with ferals. Even if they look best from the entire dps pool

Something seriously wrong with your raid team then or some serious favoritism. I doubt your RL knows they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Savage Roar was a joke in WoD. You got 50% uptime for free(Incarnation with SR glyph) and the rest of the time it was 5 CP every ~45 seconds. That was a joke. The current SR might be slightly too short, but in general it's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Feral has skill ceiling and disgusting high skill floor. And it is more about busy work, like maitaning buffs and debuffs constantly. Ofc you can play easy mode and make unholy look op.

I would love to play feral, even if not on super optimal setup. But as of now, you either do dps and manage things constanly via busy work etc or just dont do dps. So i wont bother with ferals. Even if they look best from the entire dps pool
    Feral doesn't have a high skill ceiling at all, and even the floor isn't as high as people make it seem(higher than a lot of other specs, sure), it's just a very different spec and people love to overthink things like Bloodtalons.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-05-24 at 07:46 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    Something seriously wrong with your raid team then or some serious favoritism. I doubt your RL knows they are doing.
    I have gotten all my parses in Pugs. And I doubt that we would be 9/10M with favoritism or a RL who doesn't know what they are doing. Perhaps you do not know how to utilize an encounter in a raid to parse?

Quote Originally Posted by SekhFeral View Post
    I have gotten all my parses in Pugs. And I doubt that we would be 9/10M with favoritism or a RL who doesn't know what they are doing. Perhaps you do not know how to utilize an encounter in a raid to parse?
    I've ranked a few parses in the top ten - I think I have a good idea of what I'm doing.

What level of pug are you parsing? Do you completely pug raids?
    If you are parsing at an average of 94% on mythic or even heroic there is no reason to sit a player simply because they are feral. All I was saying.

If a pug is kicking you because you're feral that's in them for being an idiot.
    Last edited by RayenDark; 2017-05-25 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Savage Roar was a joke in WoD. You got 50% uptime for free(Incarnation with SR glyph) and the rest of the time it was 5 CP every ~45 seconds. That was a joke. The current SR might be slightly too short, but in general it's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Feral doesn't have a high skill ceiling at all, and even the floor isn't as high as people make it seem(higher than a lot of other specs, sure), it's just a very different spec and people love to overthink things like Bloodtalons.
    I can live with bloodtalons. But juggle savage roar, short bleeds and combo points/energy and you have things to watch which just arent fun. The prime example of problems with cat is that prime finisher, bite is not even worth using most of the time. There are not even resource for it. This is failed class design and it doesnt even fit class fantasy. Have you ever see tiger, lion, panther scratching prey to death? Lion has enough strenght to break spine of animals with one hit.

I can live with bloodtalons. But juggle savage roar, short bleeds and combo points/energy and you have things to watch which just arent fun. The prime example of problems with cat is that prime finisher, bite is not even worth using most of the time. There are not even resource for it. This is failed class design and it doesnt even fit class fantasy. Have you ever see tiger, lion, panther scratching prey to death? Lion has enough strenght to break spine of animals with one hit.
    Gameplay should always come before "class fantasy" bullshit, so if you don't like the Feral playstyle(which IS bleed/management heavy and always has been), it simply isn't the spec for you. Bite is getting buffed next patch, and if you're not using it "most of the time" on live, you're just doing it wrong. There's plenty of opportunities to fit it in(and again, more opportunities next patch)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Gameplay should always come before "class fantasy" bullshit, so if you don't like the Feral playstyle(which IS bleed/management heavy and always has been), it simply isn't the spec for you. Bite is getting buffed next patch, and if you're not using it "most of the time" on live, you're just doing it wrong. There's plenty of opportunities to fit it in(and again, more opportunities next patch)
    Ofc it should. I dont mind managing dots. I like playing aff lock (not that it is my main).

But you see if you take anything other than Savage Roar you lose flat 25% dmg. This is a problem where one talent is be or not to be.

I never said im good feral player, i dont even have max druid character. Thats why i said it is very high skill floor to only be decent feral.

But enought me whining - you obviously know more about this spec than me, tell me then is there a simpler build droping either savage roar, bloodtalons, jagged wounds? I noticed that i can make short burst spec with taking incarnation and abusing shred like no tomorrow. But it is still not worth comparing to roar.

My point is - is there a simpler yet competitive spec (with 10% difference) for feral?

Ofc it should. I dont mind managing dots. I like playing aff lock (not that it is my main).

But you see if you take anything other than Savage Roar you lose flat 25% dmg. This is a problem where one talent is be or not to be.

I never said im good feral player, i dont even have max druid character. Thats why i said it is very high skill floor to only be decent feral.

But enought me whining - you obviously know more about this spec than me, tell me then is there a simpler build droping either savage roar, bloodtalons, jagged wounds? I noticed that i can make short burst spec with taking incarnation and abusing shred like no tomorrow. But it is still not worth comparing to roar.

My point is - is there a simpler yet competitive spec (with 10% difference) for feral?
    Incarnation with Convergence of Fates is only slightly behind SR(and ahead with certain fight durations, potentially), in some very specific high gear setups(can't remember exactly which legendaries) Sabertooth is roughly equal to JW. Switching out any one of those 3 talents you mentioned for the 2nd best option(Incarnation, SbT or BrS) will still be within your specified range for being competitive(BrS only barely), it's only when you start dropping multiple of them that you start seeing huge drops in DPS.

And dropping SR doesn't mean you lose 25% flat damage, you also get those CP "back" to do other things with in addition to either SotF or Incarnation.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Incarnation with Convergence of Fates is only slightly behind SR(and ahead with certain fight durations, potentially), in some very specific high gear setups(can't remember exactly which legendaries) Sabertooth is roughly equal to JW. Switching out any one of those 3 talents you mentioned for the 2nd best option(Incarnation, SbT or BrS) will still be within your specified range for being competitive(BrS only barely), it's only when you start dropping multiple of them that you start seeing huge drops in DPS.

And dropping SR doesn't mean you lose 25% flat damage, you also get those CP "back" to do other things with in addition to either SotF or Incarnation.
    Thanks for reply, as i understand Brutal Slash is better for Mythic+?

Also, if i buff Rip with Bloodtalons and then refresh it with Sabertooth would it maintain the buff? That would easy the managment and let use BT to buff other attacks.

Thanks for reply, as i understand Brutal Slash is better for Mythic+?

Also, if i buff Rip with Bloodtalons and then refresh it with Sabertooth would it maintain the buff? That would easy the managment and let use BT to buff other attacks.
    BrS is pretty good in M+(except for some instances with tyrannical) as well as mythic Gul'dan(and padding on Tich/Skorp)

Yes, SbT functions the same way as FB/Rip refreshes below 25% health, all snapshots are maintained.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Besides being weird, what's the catch with the new ring?

I'm considering to invest a 3rd concordance and i'm looking forward for some catting in m+.

P.s. OT but...in the wild, big cats use just the right amont of.strength in their bites in order to suffocate their preys. Big cats are all about finesse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been keeping up with much discussion on Discord and I'm not PTR testing this time around, but the ring is going to be a DPS increase at the cost of changing up the gameplay. With all the energy we won't really get to pool as much but will of course be able to FB more often. Some people aren't going to like this (myself included) because the current gameplay is where we want it. Pooling and strategic use of CPs.

I'm also a little concerned that the legendary gloves will be devalued a bit since they kind of rely on pooling to get the most out of the procs. They're also the only Feral DPS legendary I have currently (well, that and Luffa). I regret switching Boomkin for NH and blowing all my luck on getting ED/OI.

Gloves with SotF ring look to be VERY strong on 2/3 target cleave as nearly 300% rip uptime on 3 targets is very close to attainable, which considering the fight designs in ToS include a fairly decent amount of 2 and 3 target cleave it stands to reason that TWC will likely be a lot stronger in ToS than it is in NH atm.

Currently, for me, feral doesn't feel like the class it should be. Back in the day it was more fun, you felt like a big powerful kitty ripping things to shreds and applying bleeds. Now, it's too convoluted and isn't very fun to play with optimal talents. Bloodtalons has to be the most uninteresting talent ever and I hates it. I just don't like how the class is centered around the power of your bleeds.

I know people will rip me for this one, but I personally think Blizzard should do away with combo points for ferals. I guess I don't have an alternative for what they could put in place of it, but I've always thought it was boring we shared the same resource as rogues. I just think a feral kitty should only be concerned with how much energy they have to rip, shred, rake, and bite the opponent to death. Cats conserve a lot of energy for when they get in situations where they really need to go all out. My feral was my first character back when WotLK first came out and I've always loved it, I just wish Blizzard would take these things into consideration. Also, kudos to the people who do enjoy it. I really want to like it, but I can't, fully. I continue to play it because it's my main and honestly I just like being a ferocious kitty. :T