Page 78 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've been simming quite a few different fights, patchwerk, 2 bosses light movement, beastlord (you fight big adds and small adds, somewhat like Kil'jaeden) and everytime incarnation pulls ahead, by 10-50k dps. Incarnation appears to be really good everytime you have those ~30 seconds windows where you can full out burst. However I imagine having to move away from boss during inca for even 5 seconds would make jagged wounds pull ahead. Stuff like getting targeted by Goroth meteor which you have to get behind pillars for.
    That would make jagged wounds more reliable but with less potential. On the other hand being forced to sacrifice some of your incarnation time would suck real bad, too.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaharon View Post
    I've been simming quite a few different fights, patchwerk, 2 bosses light movement, beastlord (you fight big adds and small adds, somewhat like Kil'jaeden) and everytime incarnation pulls ahead, by 10-50k dps. Incarnation appears to be really good everytime you have those ~30 seconds windows where you can full out burst. However I imagine having to move away from boss during inca for even 5 seconds would make jagged wounds pull ahead. Stuff like getting targeted by Goroth meteor which you have to get behind pillars for.
    That would make jagged wounds more reliable but with less potential. On the other hand being forced to sacrifice some of your incarnation time would suck real bad, too.

Thoughts?
    I've never been targeted by Shattering Star as a melee, on any difficulty. I imagine if you get hit by it let's say in a progress run, you can afford to lose that Inc, maybe raid wipes or you kill it, either way, it's a very low chance, rather play Inc if 9/10 times it will give max dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivram View Post
    I thought I was going mad... with the energy increase legendary ring and the primal instinct legendary gloves, my alt feral damage is over 40% shred and way above the bleed damage. This is with 4pc t20 too.

On my main druid, who has no feral legendaries, shred is still my top damage but to by that much.

The good news is, I am replacing bleed relics with whatever else I get, I don't think they're that important anymore.

Don't like the play style, but it is better than trying to align 3 buffs with fight mechanics to refresh bleeds. Why can't we get something in the middle
    I mean, that's not really how it works. What you think quite frankly doesn't matter, what does matter is what's best, and that's still Rip/Rake(except, I believe, specifically BrS builds where Swipe is also up there, but it has roughly 0 value for any other build)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Well, let's put it this way. Brutal Slash is only like ~3% behind on ST so pretty much any fight with add spawns is significantly better. Mistress and M Harjatan are so juicy now.

I am not however currently testing PTR but regardless we have good builds for pretty much any situation.
    Be really careful on Mistress(mythic) with BrS, because chances are there'll be other clowns padding their asses off as well, which is just going to cause unnecessary wipes.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Hi Everyone, I am fairly new to Feral, just wanted to see if anyone on here can give me some pointers on rotation and talent build. Currently ST for me is roughly 600-650 sustained, but I feel like I should be doing much more. I am trying to figure out what I am messing up so I can try to improve. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMonkey View Post
    Hi Everyone, I am fairly new to Feral, just wanted to see if anyone on here can give me some pointers on rotation and talent build. Currently ST for me is roughly 600-650 sustained, but I feel like I should be doing much more. I am trying to figure out what I am messing up so I can try to improve. Any pointers would be appreciated.
    I'm no expert myself, but if you could say what talent build you're using I feel like that would be a good start. And stats also.

Currently I am using Incarnation along with SotF (from Soul of the Arcdruid) /BS / BT for Talents
    AG is at 38k
    Crit 27%
    Hast 29%
    Mast 58%
    This has been the gear I have received as I just hit 110 about 3 weeks ago on this toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best tip available is to familiarize yourself with using the Feral Discord channel and checking out the pinned resources. Xanzara has a great guide on his website and Guiltyas is maintaining a guide as well on Wowhead.

You'll also want to get a handle on using simulation via simulationcraft. Raidbots.com is a great place to start, just make sure to download the SimulationCraft addon so you can easily import your character. Just...don't go too overboard. Remember that ST patchwerk sims are not always going to give you the answer you are looking for.

As for general tips, I'm sure the guides will cover everything you need to know but when using BrS do your best to spend the charges wisely. Try not to cap at 3 charges but you don't necessarily want to just spam it on CD either. You'll start to get a feel for when to use it as you get used to each encounter.
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2017-09-14 at 03:02 AM. Reason: fixed link

Thank you for the information and advice.

I need some input from you guys regarding two of the worst legos...
    I got SotA and Cinidaria until today, when after 1 month of no legendaries, I got Fiery Red Maimers............................
    Simcraft says Cini>FRM, even on fights that last over 8 minutes. I did some math and after 9 minutes, FRM got caught up with my Cinidaria ~18 mill dmg. And if I use Maim, I lose a lot of damage from FB.
    Common sense(and SimC) says stay with Cinidaria, but after 1 month of no Feral legendaries only to get this piece of shit, I want a change. Am I looking at FRM the wrong way? Is it viable?
    I'm only thinking of ST fights, didn't do math for AoE, though besides Mistress, idk what bosses line up with adds perfectly for AB so I can Maim 3 targets.

Thanks for the input.
    Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It largely depends on what replacement gear you have in the waist/pants slot but in general they seem to sim really close. I'm kind of in the same boat, just the other way around. I was using FRM until I got Cinidaria last night (my second lego also being SotA). I'm not too big a fan of using Maim, since it really isn't that interesting, so I wanted to switch to Cinidaria for the initial burst. They are both simming within ~1k of each other so I'm sticking with Cinidaria.

I guess the point is that both are absolutely viable and the dps difference is largely dependent on what gear you have for replacements. Curiously enough, Cinidaria and FRM both sim higher than the other two actual dps legos I have (pouncers and clutch) so I would not consider them garbage like I would have in the past. I'm trying really hard to get Behemoth, but even that will only be ~20k higher. Feral legendaries are pretty well balanced.

snip
    Thanks for the reply.
    Well for me it's 20k difference in simulations, Cini>FRM. I do lose ~1k Versa I think and some crit in favor of Mastery, but simming 200 Versa gem = 500 extra dps, so 1k should be 2.5k, not 20k...
    While I do want to doubt SimC because I feel the need to change something in my gear, basic math can't be ignored. Takes 9 minutes for Maim to reach Cini's damage and then I'd have to ignore all the 7 FB I didn't cast so I could cast Maim, thus making the difference big again...
    Guess I'll stick to Cinidaria and wait another month for another legendary.
    Nevertheless, I'm glad Feral legos are so close to each other, it's a joy compared to Balance.

Another question if I may.
    Let's assume adds(5+), like DI or Harja Sickly Tadpoles. I pop all 3 BrS. What then? I usually spam Thrash until next BrS is up, but I might be wrong to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    No problem. Yeah if the difference is that large I'd stick with Cini. I don't have great belts so that's probably why it sims so high up for me. Decent itemization and ~40 ilevels higher than any other belt I have...

Another question if I may.
    Let's assume adds(5+), like DI or Harja Sickly Tadpoles. I pop all 3 BrS. What then? I usually spam Thrash until next BrS is up, but I might be wrong to do so.
    For 5+ you generally follow a priority of Thrash (for Scent of Blood) > BrS charges > Rake anything you can > spend 5 CP on Rip. This is assuming they will live long enough for bleeds to tick. If it's just a burst AoE situation with BrS then yeah, spend charges and thrash a couple times.

Finally get to sink some more time into my feral, with the viability of brutal slash now, how does sharpened claws(brutal slash 7%) compare with tear the flesh(6% rake) and razor fangs(4% rip) for single target.
    All the comparisons of relics i see are all or nothing for sharpened claws aoe, my question is pure single target where does it sit(assuming I'm talented brutal slash 100% of the time). I'm trying to decide in my head balance of fight styles and relics + crucible options since i got 3 extra 930 relics from alt raid this week.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Finally get to sink some more time into my feral, with the viability of brutal slash now, how does sharpened claws(brutal slash 7%) compare with tear the flesh(6% rake) and razor fangs(4% rip) for single target.
    All the comparisons of relics i see are all or nothing for sharpened claws aoe, my question is pure single target where does it sit(assuming I'm talented brutal slash 100% of the time). I'm trying to decide in my head balance of fight styles and relics + crucible options since i got 3 extra 930 relics from alt raid this week.
    Well for ST, SR>BrS. My SimC said at some point about 50k dps. So it's not advisable to use BrS in ST. But if you really don't care about that want BrS, I suggest you sim yourself, but BrS really does some heavy damage, so I'd wager 3 BrS relics > 3 Rake relics.
    But do sim yourself. If you don't know how to replace relics in your current weapon, gimme a holla, I'll teach you.

On a different topic.
    I have a 955 regrowth relic and 930 rake relic. The rake one has 2nd tier and 3rd tier BiS and the regrowth one mid tier. Granted, by the time I reach 75 to get 3rd tier I should have a different life relic. Anyway, between then it's 7 wep ilvls and the Rake bonus ofc. SimC says regrowth still higher, by a lot actually. I'm trying to add the 2nd tier concordance for those 2 relics so I can get the bonuses also, but I can't find the crucible id. I only have thee Shadowbind one, which is not what I'd get from those 2 relics.
    If anyone has the ids, please let me know. The traits are
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=252906/torment-the-weak
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=252191/murderous-intent
    Last edited by Hellshout; 2017-09-23 at 12:08 PM.

After the Dark Sorrows buff, how good will it be rated now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with the buff it will still likely be a niche AoE trait and not be valued very highly for ST.

Ok, thank you for the reply

10+ Year Old Account
    So after finally getting the headdress to pair with my SotA ring (and therefore finishing up my Feral lego collection) I was surprised at how well it works with Moment of Clarity. It is actually simming as just a 0.7% dps loss when compared to Bloodtalons. It's small enough that I might actually switch to it for ST encounters...

I don't particularly like the spammy gameplay of MoC but it's super forgiving and it is interesting to game Tiger's Fury uptime. You can really really stretch out the TF buff with careful ability usage, especially during Incarn. That aspect is kinda neat.
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2017-10-11 at 06:06 AM. Reason: typo

Hello i was wondering if anyone knew if there was a place that was doing antorus testing for gear/trinkets?

So after finally getting the headdress to pair with my SotA ring (and therefore finishing up my Feral lego collection) I was surprised at how well it works with Moment of Clarity. It is actually simming as just a 0.7% dps loss when compared to Bloodtalons. It's small enough that I might actually switch to it for ST encounters...

I don't particularly like the spammy gameplay of MoC but it's super forgiving and it is interesting to game Tiger's Fury uptime. You can really really stretch out the TF buff with careful ability usage, especially during Incarn. That aspect is kinda neat.
    Simming of MoC isnt very good with Sota ring and without chatoyant. It's super super easy to overcap and waste energy in actual execution.