Page 54 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is there a general consensus on which talents to use on which boss/enounter in EN?

Deleted
    It pretty much looks like: Go Lunar Inspiration, Savage Roar, Jagged Wounds and Blood Talons always. You might cheese more damage on the MC'd players with Blood Scent on Nythendra and Predator sees some play on Il'gynoth, but the other tiers seem pretty fixed. Changing them is just too much of a single target damage loss and there is no fight in EN where you would need extraordinary amounts of AoE anyway. If you have real trouble with MC on Nythendra and your raid has soooooo much single target, you could go Brutal Slash to get people out, but then again other people should be able to do that while losing less of their ST.

Hooray for going from 51 talents with no real choice to 6 talents with no real choice. That worked out well. Another crack job by those stellar developers at Bliz. All I can figure is ActiBlizzard pays like shit so any developer with even a smidgen of talent leaves for greener pastures.

Thank you Kotick for taking the fun out of video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Miff View Post
    this has nothing to do with feral discussion and i'd also bet srs cash that you don't even play a feral druid due to the way you go on about the spec.
    Who else gave the DPS value of the new pots?

Sure I have more dollars than I have gold, how much do you want to bet?

Quote Originally Posted by Guiltyas View Post
    and we're back to AMR being about 15k off from simcraft, So they've made huge improvement from the last time i looked at its no longer a 100k difference between the two. But still enough off that i wouldn't use it until its improved.
    Hopefully AMR is not 100K behind Simc in T19.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

Is it just me, or feral starts to be really boring? I mean our skills, rotation and talents didn't change since WotLK and that was 8 years go. Sure, some got renamed and the old talent tree was beaked into the new one, but nothing really changed. Rake/Rip/Mangle(->Shred)/FB/TF/Savage Roar.... it got spiced up a little with Dream of Cenarius/Blood Talon, but that's the only thing happened in 8 years. And it's just another annoying shit mechanism... name me any other class which has to weave in fucking heals into their rotation to make dps.

I was so happy to see the new talents when they first revealed them.... and by the release these fuckers managed to tune them to make us play the same old savage/bloodtalon shit.

I don't want a complete overhaul, but for the love of the god, they should give us something new, fun to play with, or else this will be my last expansion as a druid

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Is it just me, or feral starts to be really boring? I mean our skills, rotation and talents didn't change since WotLK and that was 8 years go. Sure, some got renamed and the old talent tree was beaked into the new one, but nothing really changed. Rake/Rip/Mangle(->Shred)/FB/TF/Savage Roar.... it got spiced up a little with Dream of Cenarius/Blood Talon, but that's the only thing happened in 8 years. And it's just another annoying shit mechanism... name me any other class which has to weave in fucking heals into their rotation to make dps.

I was so happy to see the new talents when they first revealed them.... and by the release these fuckers managed to tune them to make us play the same old savage/bloodtalon shit.

I don't want a complete overhaul, but for the love of the god, they should give us something new, fun to play with, or else this will be my last expansion as a druid
    Yeh it's not just you. A lot of the big names in Feral have or were saying the same thing for a few years now.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2016-10-25 at 11:57 AM.

The problem as I see it, being a feral player since BC, is that Blizz thinks Feral should be rogue lite. All the innovations, advancements, and overall 'neat' things tend to go to rogues, and then an expansion or two later feral gets a worn down version of some of them, or the rogue's old tier sets, but we don't really get anything new.

Is there any "fix my dps" thread or place to ask for help? My fellow guildie is doing 250k in HC Ursoc with around 865ilvl. Tried to explain the mechanics (though i'd knew as long time feral player) but still cant figure out what is going on since i havent been playing feral as main in legion.

Here's an example:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=12 HC Ursoc @ 867

And his profile for more logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...717612/latest/
    shamdruid
    og vanilla player

Quote Originally Posted by sonikmlg View Post
    Is there any "fix my dps" thread or place to ask for help? My fellow guildie is doing 250k in HC Ursoc with around 865ilvl. Tried to explain the mechanics (though i'd knew as long time feral player) but still cant figure out what is going on since i havent been playing feral as main in legion.

Here's an example:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=12 HC Ursoc @ 867

And his profile for more logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...717612/latest/

I don't think there is a topic, the feral part of this druid forum is really dead. By the way literally nothing changed in Legion, if you knew it in WoD you still know everything

I'm far from an expert, but here is what i noticed after a quick check:

Oh god, this is a terrible mess...

-There is something wrong with his opener. He used Savage Roar 9 sec after pull (25%dps loss), Rip 10 sec after the pull, Berserk 15 sec after pull (20% dps loss(weapon talent)) at the most crucial time when his trinket/potion/enchant/bloodlust etc buffs are up.
    -He couldn't use Berserk 2 times, it has a 3 min cd, the fight took 3min 19 sec and the 15 sec delay cost him a full Berserk.
    -His snapshoting and Bloodtalon usage is terrible. He keep buffing Moonfire and Shred instead of Rip. Out of 13 Rip only 6 was buffed with Bloodtalon.
    -He casted 13 Rip... 13Rip lasts for 5,2 minutes and the figth was 3 min long... and under 25% he doesn't even have to cast it anymore.
    -He used Rip 3 times under 25% instead of Ferocious Bite...without any snapshoting meanwhile that's the most important thing
    -He didn't use potion and flask
    -Savage Roar dropped once at the end of the fight for 9 sec

So he need to fix his opener, his Tiger Fury/Bloodtalon usage, stop using Rip under 25%, learn the pandemic timer of Rip and stop wasting combo points on useless refreshes, use potions/flask and get a neck and cloak enchant.
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2016-10-25 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And to add to that, his relics are kind of low, which affect his weapon ilvl, and potentially other bonuses. Not as big of a thing as what Vilendor said, but every bit helps. But I agree with Vilendor, he is refreshing Rip too often without blood talons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral seems really bugged right now. Shred isn't always generating combo points and I'm having issues with Prowl. We need a hotfix stat!

Deleted
    Have to add two things to what Vilendor said. Jagged wounds reduces rip duration, so 13 casts is about right and moonfire does not consume Bloodtalon nor does it gain the damage increase.

But yes the main points are that he has to work on his snapshotting and the opener needs to be "faster"

I don't think there is a topic, the feral part of this druid forum is really dead. By the way literally nothing changed in Legion, if you knew it in WoD you still know everything..
    Only played feral the first 2 months in WoD and all I did was arena..
    But thanks for the feedback guys.
    shamdruid
    og vanilla player

Quote Originally Posted by Teabelly View Post
    Have to add two things to what Vilendor said. Jagged wounds reduces rip duration, so 13 casts is about right and moonfire does not consume Bloodtalon nor does it gain the damage increase.

But yes the main points are that he has to work on his snapshotting and the opener needs to be "faster"
    Uuupss. Thanks for fixing my errors :P

-His snapshoting and Bloodtalon usage is terrible. He keep buffing Moonfire and Shred instead of Rip. Out of 13 Rip only 6 was buffed with Bloodtalon.
    little nitpick:
    Moonfire cannot be buffed by bloodtalons as it's not a melee ability. It won't eat a charge either(like savage roar).

EDIT: I just saw someone else corrected that point
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

I don't think there is a topic, the feral part of this druid forum is really dead. By the way literally nothing changed in Legion, if you knew it in WoD you still know everything

I'm far from an expert, but here is what i noticed after a quick check:

Oh god, this is a terrible mess...

-There is something wrong with his opener. He used Savage Roar 9 sec after pull (25%dps loss), Rip 10 sec after the pull, Berserk 15 sec after pull (20% dps loss(weapon talent)) at the most crucial time when his trinket/potion/enchant/bloodlust etc buffs are up.
    -He couldn't use Berserk 2 times, it has a 3 min cd, the fight took 3min 19 sec and the 15 sec delay cost him a full Berserk.
    -He casted 13 Rip... 13Rip lasts for 5,2 minutes and the figth was 3 min long... and under 25% he doesn't even have to cast it anymore.
    -He used Rip 3 times under 25% instead of Ferocious Bite...without any snapshoting meanwhile that's the most important thing
    -He didn't use potion and flask
    -Savage Roar dropped once at the end of the fight for 9 sec

So he need to fix his opener, his Tiger Fury/Bloodtalon usage, stop using Rip under 25%, learn the pandemic timer of Rip and stop wasting combo points on useless refreshes, use potions/flask and get a neck and cloak enchant.
    As far as I'm aware the highest dps opener now uses a 5cp SR on the pull, then builds to 2cp -> Heal -> AF > Rip so you get a *guaranteed* BT Rip+AF during Berserk. At least that is what Schmoo etc on thefluiddruid forums have worked out. So it isn't too odd if Rip is delayed on the pull. SR being 9 full seconds from the pull is kind of odd though.
    Last edited by Thorim; 2016-10-26 at 12:53 PM.

Iirc refreshing rip early is good thanks to Ashamanes bite

So, i'm thinking, since they've replaced healing touch with regrowth now, and regrowth is only 1sec cast for me(and will be even less during hero), it is worth to hardcast it in some cases to get BT proc? I'd proably lose 1-2 autoattacks and gain 2 BT stacks... And maybe in AOE cast it all the time so each and every swipe/thrash is BT buffed?

PS: feral is bugged since the patch.. shred some times eats up energy and does not add a combo point, so annoying

- - - Updated - - -

balance discussion - 250 pages, feral - 50 pages. Are we really a hopelessly dead spec, played only by a bunch of masochists, or it's just MMO champ? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of telling when the last active, real discussion we had in this thread was whether or not Feral could compete with other classes in M+ content.

I wouldn't say it's a dead spec but we're definitely not one of the most popular right now. You can break it down into a simple priority but the truth is Feral is complicated to master. I suppose most players would rather take the easier route, especially when some of those easier specs outperform us in most situations.

Sooooo yes, we're all a bunch of masochists.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    It's kind of telling when the last active, real discussion we had in this thread was whether or not Feral could compete with other classes in M+ content.

I wouldn't say it's a dead spec but we're definitely not one of the most popular right now. You can break it down into a simple priority but the truth is Feral is complicated to master. I suppose most players would rather take the easier route, especially when some of those easier specs outperform us in most situations.

Demo locks share some solidarity with that

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

Shadow Thrash received a huge nerf, 66% iirc because of the degenerate gameplay of spamming Thrash in AoE situation and hoping for procs. With the big nerf to Ferocious Bite the same degenerate gameplay will eventually happen with Ashamne's Bite.

At high gear levels,(i.e. rapid combo point generation) it will be better to spam Rip as much as possible fishing for an Ashamane's Bite, rather than to use Ferocious Bite. There will probably even be a weak aura that tells you how much bleed strength it is worth giving up to fish for a new Ashamane's Bite.

There will probably be some that enjoy that style of gameplay but I expect it will be a pretty low number.