Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Those animations are quite impressive. (Especially compared to the new shadow priest animations)

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Agreed 100%.

I wasn't always a fan of his while he was here, due to things like lfr ... but ... he also has the benefit of experience and seeing what worked and what didn't. Losing him means you lose a lot of that experience and may relegate yourself to repeating past lessons that had already been learned.
    Not disagreeing with his comments, but the fact that he also doesn't have anything to do with current Bliz lets him be free to speak his mind. It sounds like he regrets LFD/LFR, but if you tried and remove that now, you'll be lynched even worse than flight being removed. People already demand overleveled ilevels for Mythic dungeons. Remove auto-grouping and suddenly groups are harder than ever to get into :/

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Well, that's one way to kill the suspense of a BIG reveal...
    Because if it was in WoW, the suspense of the big reveal wouldn't have just been ruined by being datamined and posted here?

Deleted
    N'Zoth should've been a nose or ear, or alot of them

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I'm starting to join the crowd wanting GC back. Seems his thoughts are on the ball. Participation does not equal enjoyment.
    I would argue that's because the rewards sometimes don't match up to the effort or time you put into it.

I remember being able to farm Wrath dungeons for emblems so I could catch up alts on my own time. Apparently that's considered unacceptable now.

N'zoth is the 4th Old God, not the third which is stated in the wiki, the only one that has not been revealed yet, is the one that we know is close to Tristfal, where all the tentacles sprung up and were causing the farmers to go mad, because he is awakening.

also isn't it believe that Elune very well may be the old god N'zoth within the emerald dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    N'zoth is the 4th Old God, not the third which is stated in the wiki, the only one that has not been revealed yet, is the one that we know is close to Tristfal, where all the tentacles sprung up and were causing the farmers to go mad, because he is awakening.

also isn't it believe that Elune very well may be the old god N'zoth within the emerald dream?
    C'Thun, Yogg-saron, N'Zoth, and Y'Shaarj are the four. ($1 to HP Lovecraft)

Deleted
    the only one that has not been revealed yet, is the one that we know is close to Tristfal, where all the tentacles sprung up and were causing the farmers to go mad, because he is awakening.
    No old god there,it's where a C'Thraxxi fell in battle against Tyr.

Deleted
    I dont think the Nzoth art is bad, but revealing him in Hearthstone really is kinda fail. Blizz really doesnt handle intros for their big star-villains very good. Reminds me a bit of letting Azshara show up during some random level 14 quest in Dark Shore.
    Last edited by mmocc0f7df4180; 2016-03-22 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I would argue that's because the rewards sometimes don't match up to the effort or time you put into it.

I remember being able to farm Wrath dungeons for emblems so I could catch up alts on my own time. Apparently that's considered unacceptable now.
    I get what GC is saying - he wants players to appreciate the encounter, to be there for the fight, and the lore, and the teamwork.

But that's at odds with how the majority of players use the content. They don't want to enjoy a dungeon, they want to grind it as quickly and efficiently as possible, to get badges, so they can get be part of the BiS Klub. That's why Gearscore was abused and people couldnt get runs, and it's why PUGs are dominated and cockblocked by the same players who require gear that is way over what drops in that raid or dungeon. Anything previous to what is currently BiS is an annoyance and an inconvenience, and that's the mindset that ruined LFR and has driven the anti-lfr crowd.

That's why I don't think the devs really understand their customers, or are willfully ignoring them to maintain this fiction that players are there for things other than purplez and badges (or whatever the currency is). Nobody is going to run anything unless they get a direct benefit. They know that's what drives players - the grind. Nobody runs content if there's no reward - and few, precious few see the experience of the fight or the grouping with other people as a reward. Most players see other players as tools to get what they want, and that's it. Yes, there are friends who play, and play together, and that's the important thing, but they're far and few between these days.

The devs are designing for a class of player that doesn't exist anymore. GC's comments really show that. And, perhaps that's why he left - maybe he knew/saw it was a losing battle to 'GOGOGOGOGO" and "Why do I have to be "forced" to run LFR/LFG, my time is too important!" and "LFM Must have AHTC and level 900" (for level 700 content).

10+ Year Old Account
    I want the old storm strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I get what GC is saying - he wants players to appreciate the encounter, to be there for the fight, and the lore, and the teamwork.

But that's at odds with how the majority of players use the content. They don't want to enjoy a dungeon, they want to grind it as quickly and efficiently as possible, to get badges, so they can get be part of the BiS Klub. That's why Gearscore was abused and people couldnt get runs, and it's why PUGs are dominated and cockblocked by the same players who require gear that is way over what drops in that raid or dungeon. Anything previous to what is currently BiS is an annoyance and an inconvenience, and that's the mindset that ruined LFR and has driven the anti-lfr crowd.

That's why I don't think the devs really understand their customers, or are willfully ignoring them to maintain this fiction that players are there for things other than purplez and badges (or whatever the currency is). Nobody is going to run anything unless they get a direct benefit. They know that's what drives players - the grind. Nobody runs content if there's no reward - and few, precious few see the experience of the fight or the grouping with other people as a reward. Most players see other players as tools to get what they want, and that's it. Yes, there are friends who play, and play together, and that's the important thing, but they're far and few between these days.

The devs are designing for a class of player that doesn't exist anymore. GC's comments really show that. And, perhaps that's why he left - maybe he knew/saw it was a losing battle to 'GOGOGOGOGO" and "Why do I have to be "forced" to run LFR/LFG, my time is too important!" and "LFM Must have AHTC and level 900" (for level 700 content).
    So what if large segments choose to play that way. The raids are interesting a couple times to see them, but the gear chase for BiS is a temporary thrill at best which is overwritten every xpac. Many players seem to be far more involved in the larger world outside of current raids, either enjoying alts, pvping, or racking up transmogs.

N'zoth is in the ocean, not Tristfal.

Regarding shaman effects, Saundering looks kinda underwhelming. And I guess old Stormstrike and Lavalash were better to me.

I also wonder if trolls will get doom raptors instead of wolves.

The color of the fox mounts saddle resembles that of the Darkmoon Faire

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    N'zoth is in the ocean, not Tristfal.
    I worded that incorrectly, I didn't mean N'zoth was in Tristfal, I was stating that out of the 5 old gods, N'zoth was the 4th not third to be revealed and that the only old god not revealed yet is the buried underneath Tristfal.

the only old god not revealed yet is the buried underneath Tristfal.
    Bliz have said what is under Tristfal was not an old god.