Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Mind you, I'm in a higher rank guild, and we actually killed the boss with the traditional old 4 healers/3 doomfires strat, but since we changed to 3/1 we've never (intentionally) wiped due to getting a 2nd doomfire, and we've actually killed it a couple of times like that.

I don't believe the 1 doomfire strat is superior for progress, I just wanted to show that there are arguments for both sides.
    Since you play with a Disc priest, I recommend you try letting your Disc priest handle the Doomfire alone (only 10 stacks + he can do Shadowfel burst alone). This will free up some of your soaking DPS and might get you the DPS you need to only get one Doomfire. We did this just las tweek with a mage alt (ilevel 729, 750 ilevel ring) and a healer as dps (log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done).

Also remember that lots of classes can deal with Shadowfel Burst on their own. We have all Hunters/Mages/Paladins/Priests etc. that can do it alone stand on the right side of our setup so we know that if they get hit, no one has to move to soak --> more time to dps.

In my opinion, if you cannot do this with 4(!!!) mages, it will be extremely hard to do this fight, since DPS carries you in all phases (less time spent in certain phases, less add-uptime and absolutely essential i nteh last phase on the adds).

Could you 4-heal it and lust in the last phase? Probably. But the first phases will take ages, you will get a shit-ton of adds and a lot of Wrought Chaos (we transitioned right before the 4th Wrought Chaos was cast, which is nice because it overlaps with a full spawn of adds including a Deathcaller) and bloodlust gives you 4-5% more dmaage on the boss in the last phase.

All the things in the last phase are easy to deal with up until the 5-infernal spawn. Which we barely got without lusting in the last phase (boss died durign the 5th wave of Infernals).

So I would recommend to you to 3-heal it, dis priest handles the doomfire and learn to fucking burst the boss down. Because remeber, if your P1-3 last longer, you will wipe there more often which makes it harder to really practice P4.

Edit: I completely agree with the last few posts: P4 is easy! Only individual fails can kill you there, everything is choreographed and the DPS requirements are easily doable if your raid can focus on adds (which should be the case if yo uwant to kill any hard boss).
    Last edited by mmoc8b94713eb4; 2016-04-01 at 02:04 AM.