Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

11 Year Old Boy takes cement truck for joy ride in high speed Cop chase

I laughed when I read this story.

Police were in hot pursuit of a cement truck outside Minneapolis Sunday, after a boy reportedly hopped in the driver's seat and took it for a spin.

The child is 11 years old, a witness told Fox 9. Police did not specify his age.

Authorities say the high-speed chase started around 3 p.m. Sunday in Dodge Center when the boy drove the truck onto Highway 14 toward Byron.

A State Patrol helicopter tracked the truck by air and officers followed on the ground where speeds reached 65 to 70 mph. Two squad cars were damaged during the pursuit.

KAAL reports the chase went on for about an hour before the truck reached a dead end street, where police arrested the boy.

Dodge Center is about 75 miles southeast of Minneapolis.

Source

Do you think they actually have the authority to arrest an 11 year old boy? Even if he took the truck for a joy ride, what authority do they have to actually prosecute the kid. He should be sent back to his parents home and be grounded for a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is things like this I wish they can prosecute child at any age.

Being 11 is no excuse to be THAT retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha, if he's 11 how did he see over the steering wheel?

Methinks it was actually a ghost, and it's a government coverup *tinfoil*

All fun and games till someone gets killed... that little shit should be sent to a juvenile detention center for a few days.

Just because he's a kid shouldn't excuse him from the law... and it really irks me that kids that have killed people get off so lightly.

Kid should have his hands cut off and returned to his parents, then his parent should have to split a jail sentences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you think they actually have the authority to arrest an 11 year old boy? Even if he took the truck for a joy ride, what authority do they have to actually prosecute the kid. He should be sent back to his parents home and be grounded for a week.
    What? Of course they do. What kind of ridiculous question is that?

Instantly realized something was wrong upon reading this and noticed it was a Jaylock thread. There will be consequences for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should just start prosecuting child as adult from the age of 5.

You do the shit? Take the consequence, I don't care if you are 12.

Source

Lol grounded for a week because the kid took the cement truck on a high speed chase... The kid should goto juvenile detention until he's 18.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Eleven is a good age for this sort of stuff, at the worst he'll go to juvie for a couple of weeks and nothing stays on his permanent record.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    The kid should goto juvenile detention until he's 18.
    ...you want to put a kid in prison for seven years, for an hour-long cement truck joyride with no accidents or injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Eleven is a good age for this sort of stuff, at the worst he'll go to juvie for a couple of weeks and nothing stays on his permanent record.

- - - Updated - - -

...you want to put a kid in prison for seven years, for an hour-long cement truck joyride with no accidents or injuries?
    Maybe not for 7 years. But the kid needs to suffer the consequences for his actions. What punishment would you expect for an adult to endure for this crime?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

They totally should, or at least give him a tough lesson. At 11 you should know the difference between right and wrong, if taught correctly. I think the majority of people know damn well that you DO NOT get into a vehicle that isn't your parents, let alone drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    What if he doesn't have parents and is a ward of the state? Can we put the entire government in prison?
    Not all at once, but someone is the legal guardian and they must burn in hell for his mistakes... perhaps attaching picks to his arms and send him to China labor camp would be better.

I'm not being serious though, just doing what the author of these thread does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Not all at once, but someone is the legal guardian and they must burn in hell for his mistakes... perhaps attaching picks to his arms and send him to China labor camp would be better.

I'm not being serious though, just doing what the author of these thread does.
    Let me try:
    Maybe remove him from the gene pool before he has the chance to start breeding?
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

The countless lives he endangered taking a vehicle that big, and driving that fast? Send him to Juvie for a while, make him incapable of getting his LP/license when he turns 16. That'll learn him.

Source

They wouldn't "arrest" him, they would take him into protective custody until his partents come and get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    OK, legit, I thought you were serious because what you said is going to be one of the tamer things in this thread if it makes it to 10+ pages.
    Yeah, kid of silly topic anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    Let me try:
    Maybe remove him from the gene pool before he has the chance to start breeding?
    I fear it is too late already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghouldan View Post
    The countless lives he endangered taking a vehicle that big, and driving that fast? Send him to Juvie for a while, make him incapable of getting his LP/license when he turns 16. That'll learn him.
    Because people without a license don't drive.. right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I don't have a lot of faith in juvie, so I'd rather see him be forced to do volunteer work for at least the entire summer. Better to have him be working with responsible adults than sending him off to juvie.
    I'd think this crime deserves more than just a summers work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'd think this crime deserves more than just a summers work.
    Yes, let's make sure when he becomes an adult he will have been thaught how to be a proper criminal!