My Question About "Average People" Becoming Heroes

When I look at the playable classes in the game, especially from a roleplayer's perspective, it's kind of difficult to pick one that fits with my preferred background of average joe becomes awesome joe. What makes me love Diablo's Demon Hunter and Crusader is both are average people becoming extraordinary through motivation and effort rather than some "special ingredient" from birth like the Witch Doctor's connection with the Unformed Land or the Barbarian's abnormal, sheer physical strength and stature.

That in mind, which classes in the World of Warcraft do YOU believe are accessible to the common man who strives for something better, assuming all the rules of magic and racial standards are in place?

When it comes to the rule of thumb in the Warcraft universe, it's true that the heroes of WoW we play make up only some 5% of Azeroth's population, even if the game world itself doesn't really lend towards realizing that at all. Do all of our characters, IF WE EMBRACE THE CLASS AS OUR ROLEPLAYING CHARACTER'S CORE BEING, technically have a "special ingredient" that makes them powerful/skilled/strong or can it be through sheer tenacity and effort?

Well, lorewise, I'd say it probably costs money to learn arcane magic from someone. Probably gotta go to a fancy school or pay a mage a lot of money to be your instructor. So mages are probably more exclusive than most.

Warlocks are in the same boat. Lorewise, people don't just wake up one day and start learning how to be a warlock. It seems to take some pre-existing knowledge of how magic works. Normally a mage, or shaman in the orcs' case. So, it'd probably be easier for an orc to become a shaman then a warlock than an average human to become a mage then warlock, since orcs probably don't charge to teach shamanism, as it's a way of life to them, not a profession.

Priests are probably the most accessible magical class to common people like peasants. You could one day decide to see if you can join an abbey as a monk, or just a caretaker and slowly make your way up to monk and priest and whatnot, learning as you go. Perhaps it'd work like your chores you do around the abbey to help out the priests is what you pay to live and learn there.

Warriors and hunters are probably the most realistic/common classes available to peasants. Poor folks probably do a lot more hunting for their food than others, so it would come naturally to them. Varian keeps drafting humans and sending them off all over the place, so I'm sure most humans have at least some small training with weapons, given Stormwind's history since the Dark Portal. Most of the older generation were likely soldiers, with a sword hanging on the wall of their house, teaching their sons how to fight when they were old enough.

Death Knights are certainly the most difficult class to be attained by some average joe. He would first have to be a good warrior, and I mean really good. Good enough for some powerful necromancer to take particular interest in him and raise him as a death knight. Then he'd have to pass whatever trials are presented to him before the necromancer considers him a good one. And if not, he'd likely be killed and tossed aside to go look for another potential death knight.

Demon Hunter also very difficult. Gotta be extremely well-disciplined and skilled at fighting already. The sort of skill that comes only with years and years of arduous training, and I can't see just any common elf pulling that off.

Rogues could be easier, but there'd have to be a good reason to drive Mr. Joe Schmoe the Nice Normal Guy to pick up some daggers and start learning to sneak around and kill people. I don't think you could do that at just any age of your life. Like, ninja trained every day of their life from a very early age to become so skilled. No sweets or anything remotely unhealthy, to keep body odor down and in peak physical condition. Also their masters would beat them with rods repeatedly to toughen up their skin like a natural minor armor beneath their light clothing and minor leather type stuff. It'd be really hard to be some happy go-lucky adult peasant and become a rogue one day. Then again, if we're talking thug rogue, anybody can do that. But I mean super-sneaky assassin type rogues.

Shaman, similar to priests, seem to be a way of life belonging to people who are normally less motivated by personal gain (except goblins) so they're probably able to learn from anyone willing to teach them, probably not charging them. Perhaps having them help around the house or something.

Paladins are probably just a step behind Death Knight in how hard it would be for a normal guy to attain it. Normal guys have to worry about crops and wages and stuff, and would find it difficult to find time to train in martial combat, as well as cultivate their faith in the light and learn to call on its power. Because they don't let just anyone be a paladin. It's a long training process, but if a normal Joe Schmoe could find a paladin willing to let him be their squire, that way he'd learn from the source, it might be possible.

It's probably relatively easy for a Night Elf or Tauren to learn druidism, because nature is so ingrained in their culture, and they're not very materialistic peoples. So it would be likely that a Night Elf could just show up to a druid and learn from them, or contact the Cenarion Circle if they have a more official school type thing for it. With Tauren, it'd probably be as easy for a common guy to learn as it is for shamanism. They'd just show up at a teepee and ask to be some shaman's student. In fact, it's probably easier for them to be druids, because they'd probably have to ask the shaman in charge at their village if they'd teach them, and they might refuse. With druidism, I'm sure the Night Elves or Tauren druids would be happy to share their knowledge with anyone they could.

Monks are probably very easy for Pandaren commoners to learn, but I'm not sure about other races. I find it dumb imagining anyone but a pandaren as a master monk, like, after 2 years of training. So my headcanon for the Monk Order Hall leader is that it's a pandaren, because anything else would be ridiculous. And the mage's order hall leader is an Alliance race, because I can't see any Horde races being crazy about their base being in Dalaran. Then again, Blizzard seems to enjoy writing every race's magical group as desperate to work for Dalaran.

So yeah, these may be just learning the trade, rather than becoming a master, but anything's possible. Just don't have them be like "I'm picking up this sword to fight these bad guys that threaten my family." Then less than a year later be decked out in crazy glowie armor. That's dumb for story. Gotta be training a lot longer than that. Otherwise it's just pulling a Yrel.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess that a Monk could match that idea.
    The pandaren Monks portrayed (at least the more "Windwalkerish") through Pandaria and the Wandering Isle seems to be following a long and hard training their entire life.
    And it doesn't seem like you need to be particularly special to follow the path of the Monk. Just perseverance, training and understanding of the ways they teach.
    Also Pandaria is filled with monasteries where you can see them practicing and learning, whereas it's harder to find academies from another classes, except for mages, with Dalaran, for example.
    But if I remember correct, you need a basic "afinity" for magic before learning the arcane.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors, Hunters, Rogues and Monks. I'd identify these as "natural" classes that the average person can learn, with varying results.
    Not any joe can become a caster. This typically involves education, which requires an upbringing becoming of someone wealthy.
    Demon Hunters need a certain drive that I'd assume is uncommon among elves.
    A DK has to be like, dead first.
    I think druids and shaman need a kind of natural affinity in order to progress into that class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Warrior (Typical soldier)
    Rogue (Typical outlaw/cutpurse)
    Hunter (Typical hunter-gatherer kinda class)
    Priest (Town healer, maybe a simple preacher?)

The other classes presumably already trained for years (Paladins, warlocks, mages etc...) before beginning the game.

Hunters fit very well with this concept, as most of the common men in Azeroth can be trained to hunt through their family and just living in that world. Warriors also fit, if you grant the idea that every soldier was once just a man, regardless of family standing. Rogues are the folk who tend to pursue less lawful methods for survival, but still can be any regular person who just chooses that path. Other than that, everything else involves being special (ability to wield the Light for Paladins and Priest, the ability to shape magical forces for Mages and Warlocks, and the ability to commune with nature/spirits for Druids and Shamans). Monks work well a bit, but not as well as the first three.

Granted, that's my opinion, and I could be wrong.

All classes basically start as normal people. Each one of them requires said person to train very hard to master the powers that come with the class. A mage doesnt just pick up a staff and start throwing pyroblasts. He has to practice at it and let his power grow. Even Death Knights have to train to learn how to control their new power.

The only "special ingredient" is a stronger connection to a certain magical property than someone else. But even then, that person has to put a lot of effort into harnessing that power. Just not as much as others would have.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I appreciate your perspectives on the subject folks! Honestly I was indeed considering "those" classes to be the ones average people can become without too much guff about magic. The way magic works in this universe does limit who can become what, though I'd have to consider Warlocks a more common sorcerer than a Mage because their power can come from Demons as well, making pacts with especially powerful demonic beings who may not see eye-to-eye with their own masters.

After some thought I also consider that aside from Humans, Goblins definitely have access to the widest range of classes which is just another reason I love Goblins. :P

Ever since Cataclysm, when I played through the Goblin starting area, I thought how appropriate it was that they be Hunters, Rogues, Warriors, Shaman and even Priests, Mages and Warlocks. Death Knights didn't make any sense to me, but then again, it's Blizz. :P

What I liked the most is that even the lowliest plebian Goblin could amass great wealth, fame, and power just by taking advantage of opportunities that arise. I always wanted to have a Goblin who started out working in the refineries and oil rigs back on Kezan. Through his experience there, he learned how to combine the power of their machinery with natural magic and become a sort of Goblin Nature-bender, using the Shaman as a basis. The totems inspired this entire idea. There's also the Goblin Bruiser, a mercenary bodyguard working for an esteemed member of the Cartel, or Jastor Gallywix himself. A Goblin Rogue makes an excellent basis for a private assassin and/or privateer swashbuckler of the Horde fleet. Then there's also the Hunter, with Marksmanship being the PERFECT spec for a mechanically inclined sharpshooter. Honestly, Goblins have so much potential for RP that I don't think is utilized. All of these are certainly in the scope of an Average Joe Goblin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorite Jovinaal View Post
    When I look at the playable classes in the game, especially from a roleplayer's perspective, it's kind of difficult to pick one that fits with my preferred background of average joe becomes awesome joe. What makes me love Diablo's Demon Hunter and Crusader is both are average people becoming extraordinary through motivation and effort rather than some "special ingredient" from birth like the Witch Doctor's connection with the Unformed Land or the Barbarian's abnormal, sheer physical strength and stature.

That in mind, which classes in the World of Warcraft do YOU believe are accessible to the common man who strives for something better, assuming all the rules of magic and racial standards are in place?

When it comes to the rule of thumb in the Warcraft universe, it's true that the heroes of WoW we play make up only some 5% of Azeroth's population, even if the game world itself doesn't really lend towards realizing that at all. Do all of our characters, IF WE EMBRACE THE CLASS AS OUR ROLEPLAYING CHARACTER'S CORE BEING, technically have a "special ingredient" that makes them powerful/skilled/strong or can it be through sheer tenacity and effort?
    At first, what race? I asume Humans?

Then Warrior. You are a proud citizen of Stormwind and join the Army. You gain a standart training, you are send into the battlefield and survive and and if you are good, over the years you climp the ranks. Hunters work the same way, rogues could be scouts of the army or start as noble hearted scoundrels who earn their place in the SI:7.

Priest could also work. You are a faithful and devote worshipper of the light and join the church. You study the mysteries of the light, earn your consecration as a Priest of the Church of Holy Light and send to the world, to help the innocents, heal the sick and wounded, fill the hearts of your comrads with faith and hope and crush the evil with divine Justice.

A Mage would be kinda like a Will Hunting if you start as average Joe.

Paladin is a little bit more tricky. Paladins are elite Warriors of Humanity, with the full training of a Priest and a Knight (who are in general the best Warriors humanity has to offer). As Paladin, you need a deep faith, a noble personality, a strong will and talent to earn your place as Squire of a Knight of the silver Hand. Become a Paladin of the Argent Crusade is probably a little bit more easy, but lets be honest, against a real Silver Hand Paladin of the Alliance, a Argent Crusader is just a mere Redshirt who does nothing since the Fall of the Lich King.

Most Paladins seem to be nobles, so it would be more difficult for average Joe to find a Trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Paladin is a little bit more tricky. Paladins are elite Warriors of Humanity, with the full training of a Priest and a Knight (who are in general the best Warriors humanity has to offer). As Paladin, you need a deep faith, a noble personality, a strong will and talent to earn your place as Squire of a Knight of the silver Hand. Become a Paladin of the Argent Crusade is probably a little bit more easy, but lets be honest, against a real Silver Hand Paladin of the Alliance, a Argent Crusader is just a mere Redshirt who does nothing since the Fall of the Lich King.

Most Paladins seem to be nobles, so it would be more difficult for average Joe to find a Trainer.
    Eh, Argent Crusade have been hard at work, really. At least during Cataclysm. They reclaimed much of the Western Plaguelands offscreen, and have made great progress toward cleansing it of the Scourge's taint. They're hard at work warring against the Scourge in the Eastern Plaguelands last we saw, keeping things under control there. They also reclaimed Tyr's Hand in quests back then, as well as defeated the leadership of the Scourge (and Balnazzar) in Stratholme.

The notable paladins like Tirion, Uther, and the others that were killed by Arthas in WC3, along with Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker in Stormwind became nobles because they were highly ranked commanders in the war against the Old Horde, and were awarded those positions of nobility based on their own merit, rather than because they were born into it, which is a much better way to do things. That way, you're much more likely to have a halfway decent person in charge, rather than some entitled douchebag born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Silver Hand paladins of the Alliance haven't had much of any mention at all, apart from their class quests around level 20 and level 50. Aside from that, they have very little uniqueness about them, and don't seem to act as an organization until Legion when they join the new reformed Order of the Silver Hand led by the player paladin adventurer.

Aside from the class quests, the only concrete thing any Silver Hand paladins of the Alliance have done is what any other adventurer's been doing. Working with the rest of the Alliance do do whatever is the main task at the moment, like joining the Argent Dawn to fight the Scourge in Vanilla, or joining the Alliance Expedition to discover the fate of the Sons of Lothar in Outland when the Dark Portal opened, or joining either the Argent Crusade or Alliance Expedition to Northrend to fight the Lich King, etc, etc.

And the Argent Crusade makes up the bulk of the new Silver Hand in Legion, with normal Alliance Silver Hand paladins, Horde Blood Knights and Sunwalkers, and Draenei Vindicators joining up to hang out in the humans' basement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Eh, Argent Crusade have been hard at work, really. At least during Cataclysm. They reclaimed much of the Western Plaguelands offscreen, and have made great progress toward cleansing it of the Scourge's taint. They're hard at work warring against the Scourge in the Eastern Plaguelands last we saw, keeping things under control there. They also reclaimed Tyr's Hand in quests back then, as well as defeated the leadership of the Scourge (and Balnazzar) in Stratholme.

The notable paladins like Tirion, Uther, and the others that were killed by Arthas in WC3, along with Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker in Stormwind became nobles because they were highly ranked commanders in the war against the Old Horde, and were awarded those positions of nobility based on their own merit, rather than because they were born into it, which is a much better way to do things. That way, you're much more likely to have a halfway decent person in charge, rather than some entitled douchebag born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Silver Hand paladins of the Alliance haven't had much of any mention at all, apart from their class quests around level 20 and level 50. Aside from that, they have very little uniqueness about them, and don't seem to act as an organization until Legion when they join the new reformed Order of the Silver Hand led by the player paladin adventurer.

Aside from the class quests, the only concrete thing any Silver Hand paladins of the Alliance have done is what any other adventurer's been doing. Working with the rest of the Alliance do do whatever is the main task at the moment, like joining the Argent Dawn to fight the Scourge in Vanilla, or joining the Alliance Expedition to discover the fate of the Sons of Lothar in Outland when the Dark Portal opened, or joining either the Argent Crusade or Alliance Expedition to Northrend to fight the Lich King, etc, etc.

And the Argent Crusade makes up the bulk of the new Silver Hand in Legion, with normal Alliance Silver Hand paladins, Horde Blood Knights and Sunwalkers, and Draenei Vindicators joining up to hang out in the humans' basement.
    Yeah, Argent Crusade can be really cool, if you are somehow necrophiliac and love to cuddle Forsaken and Death Knights while they slaughter innocents.

If you want to be a Paragon of Justice, join the Alliance and the Silver Hand.

Yeah, Argent Crusade can be really cool, if you are somehow necrophiliac and love to cuddle Forsaken and Death Knights while they slaughter innocents.

If you want to be a Paragon of Justice, join the Alliance and the Silver Hand.
    Eh. If the Alliance were so stoked on blind overzealous justice, they wouldn't tolerate the presence of the Ebon Blade, so...yeah.

The Silver Hand isn't an Alliance-exclusive organization. It remained in Lordaeron fighting the Scourge, calling its members from all over the world to join with them, and the ones in Stormwind and Ironforge decided not to.

Eventually, the Silver Hand was dissolved and reformed as the Scarlet Crusade, with a few people who disagreed with the way it was going breaking off to form the Argent Dawn, because they were smart and knew they needed the help of everyone who was willing to give it to destroy the Scourge, while the Scarlets were like "only humans allowed, it's our Light-given right to think we're better than the other races" and stuff.

And lorewise, the Silver Hand organization has been neutral since Vanilla, so...yeah. Just individuals among their ranks deciding to work for the Alliance, just like all player death knights belonging to the neutral Knights of the Ebon Blade but lending their strength to the Horde or Alliance. Alliance player paladins are individual Knights of the Silver Hand working for the Alliance, not their own organization.

The Argents want to focus on the things that want to destroy and convert all life to undeath, not the Forsaken that are solidifying their presence in Lordaeron against their enemies because the humans on the opposite end of the continent in Stormwind dropped everything wrong with their own kingdom because they think they have some claim to Lordaeron because they're humans.

The Argents looked at the situation, with their allies the Forsaken using their plague on their enemies, which is nothing more than an effective corrosive acid bomb. When they determined that the Forsaken weren't out to kill and raise all of Azeroth, just kill the Alliance that were coming in to gain a powerful foothold in the Undercity's backyard, they decided to stay out of it, because it was just another meaningless faction squabble caused by Stormwind abandoning its destitute farmland in Westfall, wasting countless resources, lives, and taxes to power a campaign halfway across the world to claim some diseased farmland in Andorhal away from two deadly superpowers (The Scourge and Forsaken).

Rather than maybe helping their friends in Stromgarde keep ahold of their kingdom, or even lifting a finger to solve the problems plaguing Westfall, like the gnolls and Defias. There's a ton of poverty, and Varian says "Instead of sending in some troops to Westfall to quash the Defias rebellion and secure the people there, giving a lot of jobs when workers are needed to work the land, let's conscript a bunch of farmers into our army and send them up to Lordaeron, because Lordaeron belongs to the Alliance moreso than the Forsaken who lived there in life, and continue to do so in undeath."

So, the real Knights of the Silver Hand became the Scarlet Crusade. They were all about blind justice, racism, and zealotry, and killed everyone they saw who wasn't a human, and even humans in many cases.

Tirion didn't want to just join the Argent Dawn, so he made a new Order of the Silver Hand, and that was the one that he joined with the Argent Dawn at the end of the Death Knight starting experience to form the Argent Crusade.

The Stormwind and Ironforge factions of the Silver Hand have had literally zero involvement in the story until now, with them joining the Argent Crusade and other paladin organizations to form a new united Order of the Silver Hand in Legion.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-03-30 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks are probably very easy for Pandaren commoners to learn, but I'm not sure about other races. I find it dumb imagining anyone but a pandaren as a master monk, like, after 2 years of training. So my headcanon for the Monk Order Hall leader is that it's a pandaren, because anything else would be ridiculous.
    Incidentally, I agree. I don't even play on an RP realm on my main anymore, but pretty much as soon as I got to fuck with the Monk class hall stuff on alpha I switched my monk from Night Elf to Pandaren. It just seems a lot more... correct.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Incidentally, I agree. I don't even play on an RP realm on my main anymore, but pretty much as soon as I got to fuck with the Monk class hall stuff on alpha I switched my monk from Night Elf to Pandaren. It just seems a lot more... correct.
    Yup. I can't see Bob the human monk becoming the new grand master of the Shado-Pan or whatever organization the monk order hall is adopting as its name.

The only people I could see being skilled at monk fighting techniques at this point 2 years after starting their training are people like incredibly skilled rogues who've already been trained in several forms of hand-to-hand combat, with the agility and fortitude to make significant progress in a relatively short amount of time. Like Vol'jin in his Shadows of the Horde book where he trains with the Shado-Pan.

Still dumb for any non-panda to be the leader tho.

Same with a few others. My headcanon leaders are

Paladin - Human, because why would a tauren want to have his or her order cooped up in a human basement? And why would a Blood Elf Blood Knight waste his time when he could simply order them all to line up because Jessica Chambers (the innkeeper at Light's Hope) has set out Dixie paper cups of Sunwell water for them all to charge their Light powers without need of praying or following a code or anything, so they can just go and kill demons without spending so much time so far away from the fight praying for their powers. Dwarf might be acceptable. Draenei maybe, but it'd be dumb still, because human basement.

Mage - Human or gnome, because Blood Elves are supposed to hate the Kirin Tor and Dalaran, despite Blizzard constantly writing them as desperate to lick the Kirin Tor's boots, and fetch their slippers and news paper. Orcs wouldn't want to do it, and it'd be dumb for them to be masters after 3 years of arcane schooling, like the non-pandaren monks. Dwarves wouldn't fit, as the only skilled magi among them would be dark irons who few would trust. Worgen, meh. Night Elves wouldn't be masters unless they were Shen'drelar highborne, which would be kind of neat, actually, with the Nightborne in Legion. Draenei, meh. Everyone else meh because why the heck would any Horde mage trust the Kirin Tor now.

Hunter - Blood Elf or Tauren. Maybe a Night Elf, but the Sentinel lore seems a little sparse compared to the Tauren and Thalassian stuff that's going on around them. Blood Elf because Farstriders and Silver Covenant are there, with the latter being very out of character by not childishly hating the Blood Elves present for imagined slights. Tauren because the Highmountain tribe, and that fancy spear, which is dumb to be used by anyone but a tauren. Same with Alleria's bow for a non-Blood Elf (or High Elf if it were Alleria's third-in-command Captain Auric Sunchaser, since he has more personality than just "I'm an elf with blue eyes whose devoted my life to killing all blood elves because an orc killed my leader's husband who got in the way with a blood elf's help.").

Death Knight - Meh, not much difference among the races when it comes to the Death Knight's class fantasy. They all act pretty much the same, but I think it's dumb for Darion to be in charge and then out of nowhere be like "you're in charge now, what should I do, sir?"

Priest - Draenei because the order hall is all about Draenei and Naaru and junk. Kinda wish we got an explanation for those Reformed Crimson Priests, possibly some small involvement in the quest to get the Scarlet Crusade lore-heavy discipline staff.

Warlock - Dunno, orc or Blood Elf would be my preference I guess, because some racial involvement with fel magic. Otherwise no real difference among the races where warlocks are concerned.

Warrior - Dunno, Orc, Human, or Dwarf because orc's warrior culture, humans because they get most everything, or Dwarves because humans aren't the only Titan creations, but Blizzard can't seem to remember that ever.

Rogue - Meh, dunno. Human because Dalaran? Apart from that, could go to anyone, since rogues are usually pretty self-serving, and might not mind things others of their race would have a problem with, like how most Horde races should be pretty adverse to working with the Kirin Tor, and much more apprehensive to actually shack up with them in Dalaran, when they've clearly demonstrated that they'll do nothing to stop one of their fellows from going on a killing spree against them given the slightest reason. Rogues might not care, or be motivated by gold to spy for the folks fighting the Legion.

Demon Hunter - Could go to either. If the two second-in-command characters were in charge, rather than us, the mute players with little to no personality, I'd go with the Blood Elf guy. The Night Elf guy is everything demon hunters aren't supposed to be. He's afraid to get his hands dirty, would prefer they all die rather than do something mean to save the world, and is just an all-around wishy-washy lame character. They did a pretty bad job of making the Alliance-like personality of the two seem even the least bit appealing, unlike the Tushui, who seemed at least a little bit cool, though they still preferred to sit and do nothing rather than hurt the turtle for a little while so he could eventually heal.

Shaman - Orc. Unless they did a big overhaul to make it more centered on another class fantasy like the Wildhammer shaman for dwarves or something. The Doomhammer in the hands of anyone but an orc is just dumb, like a human being the master monk in charge of all the panda monks.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-03-31 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    Yup. I can't see Bob the human monk becoming the new grand master of the Shado-Pan or whatever organization the monk order hall is adopting as its name.

The only people I could see being skilled at monk fighting techniques at this point 2 years after starting their training are people like incredibly skilled rogues who've already been trained in several forms of hand-to-hand combat, with the agility and fortitude to make significant progress in a relatively short amount of time. Like Vol'jin in his Shadows of the Horde book where he trains with the Shado-Pan.

Still dumb for any non-panda to be the leader tho.

Same with a few others. My headcanon leaders are

Paladin - Human, because why would a tauren want to have his or her order cooped up in a human basement? And why would a Blood Elf Blood Knight waste his time when he could simply order them all to line up because Jessica Chambers (the innkeeper at Light's Hope) has set out Dixie paper cups of Sunwell water for them all to charge their Light powers without need of praying or following a code or anything, so they can just go and kill demons without spending so much time so far away from the fight praying for their powers. Dwarf might be acceptable. Draenei maybe, but it'd be dumb still, because human basement.

Mage - Human or gnome, because Blood Elves are supposed to hate the Kirin Tor and Dalaran, despite Blizzard constantly writing them as desperate to lick the Kirin Tor's boots, and fetch their slippers and news paper. Orcs wouldn't want to do it, and it'd be dumb for them to be masters after 3 years of arcane schooling, like the non-pandaren monks. Dwarves wouldn't fit, as the only skilled magi among them would be dark irons who few would trust. Worgen, meh. Night Elves wouldn't be masters unless they were Shen'drelar highborne, which would be kind of neat, actually. Draenei, meh. Everyone else meh because why the heck would any Horde mage trust the Kirin Tor now.

Hunter - Blood Elf or Tauren. Maybe a Night Elf, but the Sentinel lore seems a little sparse compared to the Tauren and Thalassian stuff that's going on around them. Blood Elf because Farstriders and Silver Covenant are there, with the latter being very out of character by not childishly hating the Blood Elves present for imagined slights. Tauren because the Highmountain tribe, and that fancy spear, which is dumb to be used by anyone but a tauren. Same with Alleria's bow for a non-Blood Elf (or High Elf if it were Alleria's third-in-command Captain Auric Sunchaser, since he has more personality than just "I'm an elf with blue eyes whose devoted my life to killing all blood elves because an orc killed my leader's husband who got in the way with a blood elf's help.").

Death Knight - Meh, not much difference among the races when it comes to the Death Knight's class fantasy. They all act pretty much the same, but I think it's dumb for Darion to be in charge and then out of nowhere be like "you're in charge now, what should I do, sir?"

Priest - Draenei because the order hall is all about Draenei and Naaru and junk. Kinda wish we got an explanation for those Reformed Crimson Priests, possibly some small involvement in the quest to get the Scarlet Crusade lore-heavy discipline staff.

Warlock - Dunno, orc or Blood Elf would be my preference I guess, because some racial involvement with fel magic. Otherwise no real difference among the races where warlocks are concerned.

Warrior - Dunno, Orc, Human, or Dwarf because orc's warrior culture, humans because they get most everything, or Dwarves because humans aren't the only Titan creations, but Blizzard can't seem to remember that ever.

Rogue - Meh, dunno. Human because Dalaran? Apart from that, could go to anyone, since rogues are usually pretty self-serving, and might not mind things others of their race would have a problem with, like how most Horde races should be pretty adverse to working with the Kirin Tor, and much more apprehensive to actually shack up with them in Dalaran, when they've clearly demonstrated that they'll do nothing to stop one of their fellows from going on a killing spree against them given the slightest reason. Rogues might not care, or be motivated by gold to spy for the folks fighting the Legion.

Demon Hunter - Could go to either. If the two second-in-command characters were in charge, rather than us, the mute players with little to no personality, I'd go with the Blood Elf guy. The Night Elf guy is everything demon hunters aren't supposed to be. He's afraid to get his hands dirty, would prefer they all die rather than do something mean to save the world, and is just an all-around wishy-washy lame character. They did a pretty bad job of making the Alliance-like personality of the two seem even the least bit appealing, unlike the Tushui, who seemed at least a little bit cool, though they still preferred to sit and do nothing rather than hurt the turtle for a little while so he could eventually heal.

Shaman - Orc. Unless they did a big overhaul to make it more centered on another class fantasy like the Wildhammer shaman for dwarves or something. The Doomhammer in the hands of anyone but an orc is just dumb, like a human being the master monk in charge of all the panda monks.
    Be DH and NE DH are same when we are talking about their job.they are not whishy washy or whatever.they would do everything to defeat the Legion.

Deleted
    Rogue is the easiest class to learn.

All you gotta do is tiptoe and steal something :P.

Deleted
    Draenei. After the Orcs used the Hammer only for evil, it's time that a Draenei steps out and rewrite the legacy of bloodthirst and conquest the Orcs has written with this weapon and replace it with a glorious new future for the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    Be DH and NE DH are same when we are talking about their job.they are not whishy washy or whatever.they would do everything to defeat the Legion.
    Except follow their leader's plan to kill the Legion, opting instead for helping the Horde and Alliance foolishly dismantle his efforts against the demons. Not even having the nerve to kill his comrades personally, sending some adventurer to do it for him. He's reeeeaaally putting those Demon Hunter skills to good use.

And I'm not talking about the player Demon Hunters, and I'm sure there are plenty of awesome Night Elf ones. It's one of the reasons I'm excited for Legion, because the Demon Hunters and Maiev might inject some of that edginess and not caring that you're a little bit of an anti-hero that the Night Elves have been sorely lacking in WoW every time Blizzard kills off their proactive members to make the ones sitting around being high and mighty and above it all seem better by comparison, like tearing down Fandral so Malfurion seems better, when he wouldn't lift a finger to save his people, or pursue justice for a severe crime against them, making me wonder how in the world the Night Elven people respect him at all anymore.

I'm talking about Altruis the Sufferer, who had no confidence in Illidan, and doubted him, betraying his comrades and seemingly preferring the end of the world as long as he was secure in the knowledge that he had the moral highground, rather than getting his hands dirty to kill the Legion with minimal casualties to his own.

Kayn Sunfury on the other hand is an awesome demon hunter, definitely not afraid to be edgy and do something morally wrong for the greater good. He's like Illidan. While Altruis is like the High Elves in Quel'thalas during the schism with the Blood Elves, refusing to kill vermin to sustain their mana addiction and retain the strength necessary to protect themselves and their people from the Scourge, preferring to shiver on the floor in withdrawals and die when the Scourge comes barreling through their front door, but hey, at least they didn't kill an animal for nourishment, like everyone else in this medieval setting every day at almost any meal, because that's evil.

I highly dislike the lawful good type characters who prefer morals over their life, and thus are a burden on their fellows who were willing to do what was necessary to remain healthy and strong when that strength was needed now, with the Scourge hot on their heels every moment of every day.

Like a stubborn vegan in a group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse putting everyone at risk because they refuse to eat meat from a healthy deer the group finds and kills, instead going into the zombie-infested town for something they can eat without feeling bad, potentially leading zombies back to their group, getting not only themselves, but their friends killed too.

Or someone unwilling to take their turn keeping watch while their friend takes his turn sleeping.

- - - Updated - - -

Draenei. After the Orcs used the Hammer only for evil, it's time that a Draenei steps out and rewrite the legacy of bloodthirst and conquest the Orcs has written with this weapon and replace it with a glorious new future for the elements.
    Oh, jeez. Pretty evil of Thrall to, like, heal Azeroth and stuff, huh? And fight the Legion in WC3. And kill Deathwing. And Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk seems like the obvious choice.