Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you think she'll like this ring I made?

So I am kind of a craftsman and my girlfriend is having a pretty bad day. To make up for it I thought I'd make her something. How is this? Should I improve it? How?
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-03-23 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Fixed image for OP

Why you trying to log my keys with this keylogger?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

7+ Year Old Account
    If you put effort and passion into it, your wome will love it, even if its the most horrific thing to ever exist. Damn I sound cursy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not-a-cock-ring/10

Well I love it. Get that nice and polished and maybe a little case, make it all fancy.

Can you craft a little case? That'd just complete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    It is not a keylogger.

Also here is the picture of the ring. I re-sized it to 200x355. Nerdoftheweek I think she will love it as it is. Maybe give her a handwritten love letter or a short note with it. Just the fact that you went out of your way to try and make her day better will probably make her whole day.

Last edited by acinos; 2016-03-23 at 02:28 AM.

You bent two paperclips into circles and stuck a mostly consumed sour apple Jolly Rancher onto them.

Romantic/10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdoftheweek View Post
    So I am kind of a craftsman and my girlfriend is having a pretty bad day. To make up for it I thought I'd make her something. How is this? Should I improve it? How? Edit: Picture is huge, posting URL instead
    imgur.com/CwwuBYa
    It is a chipped stone/piece of glass and some curly wire, I am sure she will appreciate the effort but it looks cack.

A little crude looking, but having made it yourself I bet it'll be very appreciated.

Deleted
    I don't understand jewellery myself but don't you tend to make it with shiny rocks not dull stones?

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you don't have a girlfriend that is a jeweler. I can't make or buy anything for mine without being judged lol. I just do the dishes for her instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    They say its the thought that counts. Honestly if she shits all over you because it isn't Cartier then you'll know she probably isn't worth your time.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I think that handmade jewelry is a nice gesture and often times a good gift. My concern would be that you said that she's been having a bad day... depending on what about it is constituting that, I'd been leery about giving something that has such a personal touch.

I know that some bad days, I just want to be a bitch to everyone near me, and I try not to be, which can fail at sometimes in misdirection/projection by accident. Some bad days though, a pick-me-up, like a personal gift like a crafted item is very much appreciated, sometimes moreso than on other days. You're the one that knows her, so that would be up to you to decide on.

Also, some of the other suggestions are good too, like handwriting a note or making/getting a little case for it are good ideas.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    imgur isn't a keylogger it's a photo sharing site stop being paranoid.

as for the ring it looks pretty enough.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't understand jewellery myself but don't you tend to make it with shiny rocks not dull stones?
    That depends, stones that are cheap but brilliant often come off as even more gaudy. Sometimes, with certain outfits/looks/styles, duller stones are more preferred than brilliant ones.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    That depends, stones that are cheap but brilliant often come off as even more gaudy. Sometimes, with certain outfits/looks/styles, duller stones are more preferred than brilliant ones.
    Hmm can't say I knew that sorry if I came across harsh I am one of those people who takes hours just to decide on a gift. I am unbelievably picky.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Hmm can't say I knew that sorry if I came across harsh I am one of those people who takes hours just to decide on a gift. I am unbelievably picky.
    Don't worry about it. I was just being informative on the matter. I'm pretty picky when it comes to my jewelry, but I can also make most things work, if able to work it into a set or a look or style that I can utilize.
    ~~ ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphrus View Post
    You bent two paperclips into circles and stuck a mostly consumed sour apple Jolly Rancher onto them.

Romantic/10
    Wow you're an ass. It's the thought that counts.

all i have to do is go to target and get her pokemon cards so good on u man

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A little crude looking, but having made it yourself I bet it'll be very appreciated.
    yep.

as a craftsperson myself, who still has the voice of my "old school japanese goldsmith" teacher ringing in my head about perfection and do overs, I can see a lot of rough edges, figuratively and literally.

however. you made this. you took time and effort to not just think of her, but to make her something to cheer her up. you noticed that she was feeling down and made an effort to fix it. that alone excuses any and all rough edges. (just make sure some of those edges don't scratch her finger :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    At least you don't have a girlfriend that is a jeweler. I can't make or buy anything for mine without being judged lol. I just do the dishes for her instead.
    lol. you sounds kinda like my husband there :P although he also does the whole cheerleader thing of "of course you need those gemstones, yes you should but this awesome embossed wire" etc.