Deleted

Holy Paladin & Surv/BM Hunter - Advice

Hello!

First of all I'd like to ask if this kind of comp is actually viable past 1700 rating? I am currently playing this comp as Holy Paladin, which I recently leveled and geared up after not having really touched paladins since TBC to play with my friend, who's MoP Arena Master on his Hunter and warlock, who returned to PVP after a long break.

We did alright gearing up in rapid successions and getting to 1650 rating, after facing some comps that were quite hard even though people playing the said comps didn't seem very good with their classes. After awhile this got worse and after 50-60 games we haven't been able to break past 1710, before getting hit in the face with comps that we can't do much about. Especially if map selection is along the lines of Lordaeron, we have very little we can do against

Demonology Warlock + Healer
    Frost Mage + Healer
    Frost Mage + Druid of nearly any kind
    Affliction Warlock & Resto Shaman ( Only on Lordaeron on other maps it is more or less 50/50)

Are we supposed to have hard time with these comps or are we just doing something wrong? Many times it feels like we can play great for 5-6 mins, then make one mistake and we are dead, but especially Frost Mage + Resto druid have so much control that they can turn the matches around whenever they feel like it. Also Demonology locks on Lordaeron are the kind of... Play well for 6-7 mins trying to get them down, one miss step, you are in a stun -> Demonbolt -> Dead.

Survival would have more control but we often ended up winning fights simply when the opposing team ran out of mana which lead to long matches. And Survival damage didn't seem to be much of a deterrant when facing burst comps, the damage would take awhile to rack up and by the time it did the opposing team's burst will have gotten some of the bigger defensives out of us by then.

I suppose I could get bit more offensive build, but that has been so far really risky. Are there many Holy Paladin + Hunter comps in 2v2s at higher ratings atm? Our Mythic guild recently stopped raiding ( and our previous guild before that) due to many in the roster quitting the game until Legion and we are trying to find enjoyment from playing Arenas until then. So I am genuinely asking for advice, we only came back into came 3-4 months ago and quitting now like many of our guild have done would most likely lead to permanent departure from the game.

So if there are any general strategies or tips that you could give, that'd be more than welcome.

I don't know how much I can help as far as strategies or tips, but I will tell you that this comp is totally viable. Whether or not you would want to persue that comp is hard to say. I will tell you from my personal experience that I have seen this comp at the 1700+ level. I'm not sure it will be easy or anything, but I know it's do-able.