Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Was Anyone Else Hoping For Phoenix Pet/Guardian?

Like it says in the title was anyone else hoping for some type of phoenix pet/guardian from the felo'melorn artifact weapon? Not necessarily a long lasting or permanent sort of thing, but something akin to a guardian or anything to that extent. Maybe even a type of spell like kaelthalas has in Heroes of the storm to me that would have been really cool anyone agree or feel even somewhat similar to what I'm talking about?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably the most disappointing exclusion in Legion. Fire Mages have begged for a fire pet since before Wrath's release
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    Like it says in the title was anyone else hoping for some type of phoenix pet/guardian from the felo'melorn artifact weapon? Not necessarily a long lasting or permanent sort of thing, but something akin to a guardian or anything to that extent. Maybe even a type of spell like kaelthalas has in Heroes of the storm to me that would have been really cool anyone agree or feel even somewhat similar to what I'm talking about?
    I don't play a mage, but yes I do agree that would have been a very nice touch considering all the history behind the weapon.

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

I always wondered why mages got so much love. Maybe GC's or other designer's wife/GF played a mage. Seems like the tide has turned and Mages will get left to wander now.

No, I'm so over pets and guardians in WoW even if it's just for short term.
    An awesome class+spec unique mount however...
    ... that only fire mages can ride, yes. It's their pony. Only they can ride it. All day long(but not at night!).

Deleted
    They better not add a pet if it's only a visual animation that just adds some passive DPS or it will get old soon. It should have some good synergy with gameplay. I'm saying this after reminded how good Water Jet was (at least as a concept) since it created synergy between the mage and the pet (now it's removed in Legion).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of playing with pets so I very much hope we don't get one.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    One idea I had was for prismatic crystal to replaced by a spell called something like "Feed the Flames". Same thing as crystal, but simply a pheonix animation
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    One idea I had was for prismatic crystal to replaced by a spell called something like "Feed the Flames". Same thing as crystal, but simply a pheonix animation
    No-no-no-no-no-no-no. The talent is bad and justly removed. If it was a phoenix instead of Crystal, I would hate creature itself. Altho thematically it's stupid - why would you try to destroy your own pet? And would it be passive? So no.

I'm glad there isn't. Everyone says if you don't like pets, play fire and arcane. It'd be hugely annoying if one of those got a pet too, leaving the class with just 1 out of 3 specs that didn't use one.

I personally dislike pets and was very disappointed when they added in the water elemental oh so many years ago. But I was thinking that for fire mage, with the new changes to phoenix flame, it would be very cool of have a phoenix that flys around you at all times when you have the sword equiped. It grows brighter the more charges of phoenix flames you have and when you cast the spell, it is this phoenix that flys out and attacks however many times you cast it, before returning to it postion flying around you. Not quite a pet, and barely even a guardian. That's the pet a fire mage should have.

Having a pet should be Frost's exclusive thing and they should remove Lonely Winter.

At first I liked the idea of fire having a non-permanent pet, but after seeing all these phoenix-themed attacks fire got in Legion, I'm pretty much satisfied with things as they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarm View Post
    I'm glad there isn't. Everyone says if you don't like pets, play fire and arcane. It'd be hugely annoying if one of those got a pet too, leaving the class with just 1 out of 3 specs that didn't use one.
    Arcane got a pet. It's a talent on the first row.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that talent either.

I'm not a fan of the interactive pets, like hunters and warlock. The arcane "guardian" that requires no interaction and provides all it's benefit just by existing is fine by me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really want a pet per se for fire, but would like to have that phoenix ult Kael's got on HoTS.

Quote Originally Posted by throcha View Post
    I don't really want a pet per se for fire, but would like to have that phoenix ult Kael's got on HoTS.
    yeah kaelthalas' ult in heroes of the storm or something similar is what I was hoping fire mages would get from the artifact weapon. It's not permanent and it doesn't require pet management.Just something simple yet neat that allows fire mages to have a type of phoenix "pet/guardian".

Deleted
    Yeah no thanks, I really dislike pets/companions in any game, phoenix themed abilities are way better in my opinion.