7+ Year Old Account

6.2 RETRI Paladin issues

First of all greetings and I'm sorry for possibles Grammar mistakes.

To give you some story about my experience with paladin... Played Wotlk some Cata and then Had a break. Never had any issues with dpsing aswell holy or prot. And now in WoD in hfc hc raid I can't get my dps higher than 35k. Im not taking for burst, i mean on stable single target dps. For example yesterday on archimonde hc my dps was 35k, and whatever i do wont get up. So what i would like to know since dont have any logs to give you. Im using FV as lvl 100 tallent. Rotation should be fine since i have read all possible guides here on mmo, on icy viens, battle.net forums, saw every video on youtube for 6.2 patch. So im starting to think that main problem is my gear. So for now, untill i provide you logs can someone check if is my gear problem or am i the main problem?

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Aquillies/simple

Ty in advance and have a nice day!
    Last edited by Wrba; 2016-03-23 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrba View Post
    First of all greetings and I'm sorry for possibles mistakes in grammar.

To give you some story about my experience with paladin... Played Wotlk some Cata and then Had a break. Never had any issues with dpsing aswell holy or prot. And bow in WoD in hfc hc raid I can't get my fps higher than 35k. Im not taking for burst, i mean on stable single target dps. For example yesterday on archimonde hc my dps was 35k, and whatever i do wont get up. So what i would like to know since dont have any logs to give you. Im using FV as lvl 100 tallent. Rotation should be fine since i have read all possible guides here on mmo, on icy viens, battle.net forums, saw every video on youtube for 6.2 patch. So im starting to think that main problem is my gear. So for now, untill i provide you logs can someone check if is my gear problem or am i the main problem?

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Aquillies/simple

Ty in advance and have a nice day!
    Well i am a PvP only on my Ret each xpac since wrath, so from PvP pov Ret's sustain dmg is just shit, this is the way it is, blizzard call it "balanced" nothing you can do. PVE wise, i know a lot of Rets like to use Seph as lvl 100 talent over FV, apparently it goes well with Archi Trinket + tier set. If i were you, i would read up on forums how and with what gear to use Seph, there is even a post done 2 month ago discussing how to use Seph in PVE among Paladin class posts. Good luck.

You're missing 4pce and legendary ring, as well as Empowered Drinking Horn trinket from Mannoroth. Those three items make a huge difference to our DPS especially when you line the ring use up with Wings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Consider getting Helkili(spelling?). It will help you learn the rotation. Bur as @BAK said, 4pc and legendary ring are an enormous amount of damage.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

7+ Year Old Account
    Well to be honest i was thinking that im missing and need to change trinkets, and yea, legendary... 13tomes more and will get it.

Really appreciate fast, polite and helpfull responses.

Tnx

You are definitely doing something wrong if you only do 35k on Archimonde in your current gear (~712 ilvl, 2p). When I run a default settings simc on your character your sim dps is ~55k, granted the default fight length is ~7m.

Looking at my own first H Archi kill back in July 2015 at 710 ilvl I did >50k on ~9m fight.

So you need to get some logs and post the link here so we can see what you're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like someone in your raids logged some fights in the past
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/12914510/latest#boss=0

Looking at the most recent one (14th March Socrethar) I see the following problems:

1: Wrong rotation during Avenging Wrath (Sanctified Wrath)

During SW AW you should be doing HoW CS HoW FV, there is no need to cast J or Exo during wings with those talents this is because SW reduced the CD of HoW.

It may feel weird at first because there will be a slight delay/wait before the 2nd HoW, but it's worth doing because HoW hits really hard and procs mastery and seals.

Note: Sanctified Wrath lowers the CD of HoW during wings so this is only possible with Sanctified Wrath.

Also during SW AW you have more generators available then time to use them so you don't need to build to 5HP during SW AW except when pooling HP for a big add wave like on xhul/iskar/mannoroth.

2: Wrong rotation below 35%

Below 35% on the target you have access to HoW without wings, so the below 35% non wings rotation is HoW Generator Generator FV. This is again because you have more generators available than time to use them. Same 5HP pooling logic applies as in #1.

3: Didn't use potion before pull so couldn't use 2nd pot

Use potion at ~2sec on pull timer if your guild has idiot pre pullers.

4: General rotation

The general rotation (non wings, above 35%) is build to 5HP using the priority system CS > J > Exo then FV (or DS), always remember that HoW and CS proc mastery (hand of light) and seals, J procs seals and Exo procs nothing.
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2016-03-24 at 05:30 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn mate. You have really put effort in replying. Didnt know that i have some logs. But nice. I wonder how you find them, but that doesnt mather. What matter is that you gaved me good info. This week will get some raid, i will try that what you wrote. Will reply if any improvements goin on. Thank you very much for informing me.
    Cheer and have a good day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrba View Post
    Damn mate. You have really put effort in replying. Didnt know that i have some logs. But nice. I wonder how you find them,
    Just type your name into warcraft logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...latest/#boss=0

It is definitely worth logging yourself if you aren't sure someone else is - it costs nothing.

Yeah I just typed your name into warcraftlogs search, looks like you improved a bit but still need to get some of the basics nailed down.

Looking at other rets logs and comparing to your own is one of the best ways to see what you're doing wrong.
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2016-03-29 at 05:17 AM.