Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    GET OUT.

(I like them both :P)
    Leave now and prosper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    People who choose one or the other miss out greatly on the amazing stories of the other.

DC and Marvel both have a slew of great characters and stories. I've started to become more partial to DC lately though since Marvel seems to be stuck on the "LETS CHANGE ALL THE CHARACTERS!!" diversity train a tad hard recently.

Also, I find most people that do the whole Marvel Vs. DC thing aren't real comic book fans, since they miss all the Dark Horse, IDW, Valiant and other awesome brand comics as well.
    I LOVED this brand of comic. I used to buy every new comic from Dark Horse, because I liked them. It might have been because I loved the Alien(s) franchise, and I liked their comics from that universe, thus hoped they would do more like it, or Star Wars.

I like some rather quirky comics too, though. I loved Lobo, and then some really out their stuff people probably never heard of, like Hawk and Dove, and even the Hawkworld series. One of my favorite heroes of all time was The Punisher, and they shit on that character so hard for three movies that I gave up hoping they could redeem themselves with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Tribalism?

It's the same reason some people make clear distinctions between PC and console or play lol while refusing Dota and vice-versa. You're likely to have a preference for one or the other, but to flat-out refuse to enjoy something for the simple reason that it's not your brand is kind of petty. That said, I do prefer Marvel. I have yet to walk out of a Marvel movie disappointed, but I've consistently got the feeling with the last few DC movies that I'm just waiting for the 10 minute action sequence at the end. I still watch them, but really only as a way to hang out with my friends.
    You walked out of the Fantastic Four movies NOT feeling disappointed?

Really?!?!

Honestly?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post

You walked out of the Fantastic Four movies NOT feeling disappointed?

Really?!?!

Honestly?!?!
    Technically speaking...the Fantastic Four movies, like the X-Men movies, are Fox.

When people say Marvel movies...they generally mean the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Technically speaking...the Fantastic Four movies, like the X-Men movies, are Fox.

When people say Marvel movies...they generally mean the MCU
    Please please please give the rights back

I mean good job with Deadpool, but I hear that spent 5+ years in development hell because Fox did its best to bury it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I love both, but DC will forever edge out for me, and almost significantly, and there is no changing that. My favorite all time Superhero will forever be Flash, as well. I have been reading comics since I was 4 years old in 1987 and no amount of angry bias would make me hate either side; I grew up with both.

I would enjoy a good Daredevil show (we have one) as much as I would enjoy a good Flash show (we have one).

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Please please please give the rights back

I mean good job with Deadpool, but I hear that spent 5+ years in development hell because Fox did its best to bury it.
    Considering how well Deadpool and the last few X-Men movies did...not likely to happen anytime soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic:

Star Trek is utopian, and unobtainable.
    Star Wars is dystopian and is possible (not the force stuff, the possibility for a dystopian future)
    Star Trek's science is far more believable, though, while Star Wars' science is not.
    I honestly like both, but for various different reasons.

Because DC is dark, but the movies are not. The reason why people like DC isn't represented in the films.

Marvel is ... marvel, movies match the vibe.

I dunno about liking them both, I dislike them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Considering how well Deadpool and the last few X-Men movies did...not likely to happen anytime soon
    Ya. Best we can hope for is Civil War doing so well they make more permanent IP sharing arrangements a la Spiderman.

Hopefully in time to stop Marvel trying to substitute Inhumans for X-Men... NTY...

Either that or we just pray for more Fan4stics and Amazing Spider-Man 2s.

Part of me is secretly hoping Age of Apocalypse crashes and burns... do I want that or not? :S

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Because DC is dark, but the movies are not. The reason why people like DC isn't represented in the films.

Marvel is ... marvel, movies match the vibe.
    Not really. Marvel and DC both have light and dark series.

Superman is so light half the internet doesn't even want him to be portrayed accurately in film...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Off topic:

Star Trek is utopian, and unobtainable.
    Star Wars is dystopian and is possible (not the force stuff, the possibility for a dystopian future)
    Star Trek's science is far more believable, though, while Star Wars' science is not.
    I honestly like both, but for various different reasons.
    Star Trek's science is mostly gobbledegook. There are some legitimate sci fi themes in some episodes of some series though. It is fair to say it's more like true speculative fiction than Star Wars is, which is essentially an homage to raygun gothic space fantasy from the 1950s.

I believe proper sci fi was Roddenberry's initial intent, though he had to compromise his vision a bit to appease the network, so it's part sci fi and part space Western. The movies have varied over time between space action and sci fi. Sort of... the only one that really feels like an oldschool sci fi story is the Motion Picture. The most successful ones have followed the Wrath of Khan model which is pretty much straight up space action. The reboot series is definitely of that ilk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.