Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Motherboard fitting issue

I recently bought a Phanteks P400 case and tried installing my gigabyte Z170x - gaming 3 motherboard. The case is ATX and my motherboard is ATX as well. Unfortunately I cannot get the standoff holes to line up with the ones on the case. Even though the board is ATX I feel like the motherboard is a little small. Any helpful tips?

Deleted
    I've seen a fair amount of atx builds including gigabyte mobos in that case (you can check reddit-tube), noone mentioned anything about it, being a problem or not. You sure you have everything lined up correctly and stand offs are placed properly?

edit: Besides i am fairly certain it has the same layout, same backpanel as enthoo pro, nothing changed except exterior and height. So its highly unlikely something being wrong with it unless something went wrong in manufacturing with the one you got specifically. In that case you won the lottery.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2016-03-23 at 01:25 PM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Here are photos: https://imgur.com/a/U34q4

Looks like I won the lottery. The screw holes on the motherboard by the memory slots are too small. And the ones on the case are wider.

My friend had what sounds like a similar issue, at least he described it the same. When I went over to take a look, nothing was actually wrong, he was just being too gentle with the parts.

Ensure that the plate for the back panel is in, then line the motherboard up with that and then sometimes you actually have to give the motherboard a good push in the direction of the panel to get everything to line up. That was all my friends problem was, he was afraid of breaking something and not using enough force.

Not sure if this is your problem or not, but he literally described his issue the exact same way, holes not lining up, motherboard seems too small.