Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    It's sad to see what the world has come to when people are trying to defend the one who illegally parked in a handicap spot and then becomes hostile when she/he is pointed out to her/his mistake....
    It's an entitlement type, mental "disease" spreading around of don't tell me I'm wrong or make me feel bad. Everyone wants to be the victim because they have been made to feel bad or have been called out.

Clearly in the wrong and was caught in the act. So what does she do instead of owning up to her mistake? What does she do instead of doing the right thing? She does all the wrong things because "F" the rest of you. She's getting hers and doing what she wants and nobody gets to question her.

It's a rather sickening phase society is going through.

I'm not feeling sorry for her, but I do not think this should have been posted online.
    He should have sued her and that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    So complain about that. Don't put peoples faces and license plates on the internet for minor things when you know the kind of response it can get.

Punishment should fit the crime and all that...
    Indeed. he should have made sure she cannot be identified on the video.
    In many European countries he can be sued for posting a video of someone else (and she was clearly the focus of the video, not some bystander in the background that just happened to wander by), and rightly so.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Honestly, I think people should mind their own business. What was it any of this guy's concern? I mean seriously? I get like trying to stop an actual crime like a robbery or kidnapping, but seems like this guy decided to start shit with a lady for nonsense, and then decided to play the "I'm going to the police!" card after he provoked her. There are much bigger things to worry about than some lady parking in a handicap spot. Honestly, I don't even think handicap spots should exist; it's so frustrating trying to find parking somewhere and it's like oh yeah there's a spot up close.. only for it to be handicapped or expectant mothers/mothers with small children. Frustrates the hell out of me.

Now imaging if you were disabled..

Who am I kidding. I remember you now. Aren't you the mod that was happy when a little girl committed suicide after being bullied.

Yeah you can take your opinions and shove them up your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I wonder how everyone would change their tune, if it was a camerawomen and a guy in the car....
    Why would we. Don't be so silly.

I'm still amazed people think this is probably her first "lapse of judgement". Not to mention she gets super triggered and blows a gasket.

Like I said, I'd state my entire wealth on the fact that this isn't her first rodeo when it comes to being a prick.

CBC.ca shows here license plate unblurred. lol

A woman who pitched two cups of coffee at a man when he confronted her for parking in a disabled parking spot outside a Tim Hortons has received a police warning after a video of the incident garnered international attention.

Video of woman pitching coffee at man over disabled parking spot at Tim Hortons goes viral

Toronto police spokesman Mark Pugash said Wednesday the videographer, Ryan Favro, had declined to press a criminal complaint but officers still paid a visit to the woman.

"We've cautioned her for assault and parking in a disabled spot, which is really what we can do under the circumstances," Pugash said.

Pugash declined to name the woman. Favro, in the interim, was trying to put the genie back in the Internet bottle.

In a Facebook posting, he explains why he removed his YouTube video -- shot Monday -- which has been viewed more than a million times and shared by tens of thousands.

"I don't want to grind this woman into the ground," Favro says. "There has to be a way for her to recover."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...toss-1.3504197

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why would we. Don't be so silly.
    We both know that if it was a man parking in the spot, and a woman confronted him on it, you would be all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

What was it any of this guy's concern?
    Maybe he knows someone who is handicapped. Or maybe he just has empathy.

seems like this guy decided to start shit with a lady for nonsense, and then decided to play the "I'm going to the police!" card after he provoked her.
    Right...it's his fault she lost her shit and threw coffee at him. Victim blame, much?

There are much bigger things to worry about than some lady parking in a handicap spot.
    Sure, if someone was getting raped in the same parking lot...focusing on the woman in the handicapped spot would be pretty ridiculous. Yes, there are bigger things to worry about...but at that time and place...the only thing he could really do anything about was this one thing.

Honestly, I don't even think handicap spots should exist; it's so frustrating trying to find parking somewhere and it's like oh yeah there's a spot up close.. only for it to be handicapped or expectant mothers/mothers with small children. Frustrates the hell out of me.
    So, you think that your convenience is more important than someone with a disability. You probably think those spots on the bus designated for the elderly and disabled are super frustrating too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    The real question is was this man actually justified. I mean was he actually handicapped and trying to park or just looking to provoke that woman for great justice?

Regardless they both seem like idiots. Here's a guy who's obviously antagonizing and the woman probably is so unused to being challenged she feels the need to throw her coffee at some dude for giving her a hard time over something she did wrong, it's all pretty childish.

Is that how some people see it? To me it looks like he was just trying to score easy internet points.
    ^this this and this, exactly how i perceived it aswell. Two idiots collide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...tons-1.3503154

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...tons-1.3503154

What terrible behaviour! We don't stand for this up here.
    How do you feel about these freelance vigilante journalists trying to take matters in their own hands?
    I think nobody behaved very well in that situation. Not anyone included. Not the dude confronting her when she was about to move anyway, he was just out to give her a hard time. Not the dude filming the situation to shame her publically later, not her for throwing things at people simply because she doesn't like them pointing out her rude behaviour.

Seriously, everyone in this situation is a fucking dimwit. There are no medals to be awarded in this, only tears.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Is that how some people see it? To me it looks like he was just trying to score easy internet points.
    Anyone trying to score easy internet points would hold his phone horizontally while filming and not vertically.

The real question is was this man actually justified. I mean was he actually handicapped and trying to park or just looking to provoke that woman for great justice?
    Let's ignore the fact that this situation doesn't exist if she doesn't ignore the law in the first place, but let's look at this claim of provocation. The man recording the video calmly asks two simple questions regarding her apparent law breaking. Calmly asking questions is not provocation for assault. Her response, to become enraged, disrespectful, and assault the man, is the disproportional response and could easily be considered "provocation" itself though the man chooses appropriately to remain calm. She could have easily responded with "I'm sorry, it was a mistake, I won't do it again" and the situation would have deflated. If we're going to use such a weak definition of provocation, we could then claim this woman provoked this man by blatantly disregarding a law made to help the handicap for whom this man is especially sympathetic towards. Finally, even if one can make the claim that calmy asking a question is provocation, that is still not justification for assault.

Deleted
    Oh come on....

It's very simple. A does something illegally....then does something illegal again.
    B films A and asks why A does something like that.

A is and always will be in the wrong. and if B goes to the police, the police will do nothing about it and A will do the same shit over and over again.
    So yes, in society today, because we have sooo many socially just people who like to argue and defend everyone. People like A exist and will only to grow in population.
    Person B tries something that is a slow growing trend in the world today: Shaming. And it works, it brings results.

The thing that is wrong with the world today is that everyone must be cuddled, everyone must be protected.
    It's ridiculous, society has never been as toxic as it is today, today's youth is in the majority the most horrible generation that has ever existed, a generation that lacks respect for authority, a generation that lacks respect for anything that we once regarded as moral standards and values.

And here we are....instead of all agreeing that person A is a douche and leave it at that....we have people questioning the motives and actions of person B....it's ridiculous and it's the reason why this world is only spiraling downward.
    Situations like this are here to be made an example of, to give a signal to society that we do not stand for this behaviour. And all we do is the opposite of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think people should mind their own business. What was it any of this guy's concern? I mean seriously? I get like trying to stop an actual crime like a robbery or kidnapping, but seems like this guy decided to start shit with a lady for nonsense, and then decided to play the "I'm going to the police!" card after he provoked her. There are much bigger things to worry about than some lady parking in a handicap spot. Honestly, I don't even think handicap spots should exist; it's so frustrating trying to find parking somewhere and it's like oh yeah there's a spot up close.. only for it to be handicapped or expectant mothers/mothers with small children. Frustrates the hell out of me.
    Well you know what to do. Maim yourself and get one of those sweet parking spaces, maybe some other benefits too. If you think it's so unfair, then clearly you think the trade off is worth it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Post your personal info here, and we'll forward it along to police for you. Thanks!
    hurhuihruhrurhurhurhurhrrrrr