Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to check logs, but I highly doubt that 10 second period would completely outweigh the other minute 50 seconds. I'm not really a log checker, so please do point me in the correct direction
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

It's just a paradigm shift in fire's playstyle. EVERYTHING revolves around ring usage and cd stacking now, and this is true for every single dps spec. That is why mastery stacking for bigger ignites = bigger Combustions on PC during ring+pot+TW is just miles ahead of crit. Sandman's enables us to cap crit during the all-important burst phase, any excess crit is just wasted - why not get more mastery for more guaranteed dmg during cds when it matters?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=31
    For example, this is a top parse from a fire mage on mythic tyrant with no apparent cheesing and a decently long kill allowing 3 ring usages to occur.
    See how the dmg skyrockets during those ring usages? the phases in between show very low dps but that doesn't really matter when you've got those insane burst windows. You sorta just have to disregard dps when the ring is on cooldown - it doesn't matter, the ring is too strong not to cater to it

The way the ring dictates the dps meta and sandman's lining up with it pretty much perfectly serves as proof as to why mastery >>>>> crit for fire in contemporary HFC.
    Last edited by Nihiel; 2016-04-05 at 02:46 AM.

rofl pro raiders.

there are currently no pro raiders because there is no pro content it's all a complete fucking joke.

all bosses can be killed in 60 seconds or less or solo healed or some dumb shit, most people take longer to do their missions with master plan than killing a mythic raid boss.

Hey social! long time no see (I'm a good friend of Xavus!)

Yea it's pretty sad to see how the difficulty of HFC has fallen due to the ring. rip

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Your only meaningful damage is from the combustion you're getting during ring+crystal every 2 minutes
    Yes the Combustion is the highest damage but I would not say the conserve phase of fire is meaningless. It is much stronger than Arcane's. Also even on Arcane where it is very weak, people often do the mistake of discarding it, but it is a big contribution when added up.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I would not say the conserve phase of fire is meaningless...it is a big contribution when added up.
    he wasn't suggesting the fire mage should be going afk for 2 mins after using crystal/combution x) just that gearing for very slightly higher sustained dps is not worth it vs gearing for consistantly bigger combustions

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Yes the Combustion is the highest damage but I would not say the conserve phase of fire is meaningless. It is much stronger than Arcane's. Also even on Arcane where it is very weak, people often do the mistake of discarding it, but it is a big contribution when added up.
    I wouldn't say that either. That's why I didn't. If you really care about damage between burst phases you'll play frost anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    he wasn't suggesting the fire mage should be going afk for 2 mins after using crystal/combution x) just that gearing for very slightly higher sustained dps is not worth it vs gearing for consistantly bigger combustions
    That's what he was suggesting I agree, and I think that concept alone is not enough for a conclusion. We are talking about very minor differences in the stats of secondaries after the utility of the soft crip cap is secured. It's very common for people to do mistakes with intuition-theorycrafting of that sort without confirming it with simulations (which is also a complex matter since simulations rarely simulate real fights perfectly) and in fact in this case it might be too common because fire has a very strong conservation phase in some cases, especially when multiple targets are consistently up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    It's just a paradigm shift in fire's playstyle. EVERYTHING revolves around ring usage and cd stacking now, and this is true for every single dps spec. That is why mastery stacking for bigger ignites = bigger Combustions on PC during ring+pot+TW is just miles ahead of crit. Sandman's enables us to cap crit during the all-important burst phase, any excess crit is just wasted - why not get more mastery for more guaranteed dmg during cds when it matters?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=31
    For example, this is a top parse from a fire mage on mythic tyrant with no apparent cheesing and a decently long kill allowing 3 ring usages to occur.
    See how the dmg skyrockets during those ring usages? the phases in between show very low dps but that doesn't really matter when you've got those insane burst windows. You sorta just have to disregard dps when the ring is on cooldown - it doesn't matter, the ring is too strong not to cater to it

The way the ring dictates the dps meta and sandman's lining up with it pretty much perfectly serves as proof as to why mastery >>>>> crit for fire in contemporary HFC.
    I'm going to have to test this out. My current best on tyrant is only like 180k, so I'd like to see if all that mastery would end up helping out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    rofl pro raiders.

there are currently no pro raiders because there is no pro content it's all a complete fucking joke.

all bosses can be killed in 60 seconds or less or solo healed or some dumb shit, most people take longer to do their missions with master plan than killing a mythic raid boss.
    You're talking about a percent of a percent of a percent of players. Relax there guy, it's not nearly as serious as you're making it out to be
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore