View Poll Results: Do you support a public dancing ban?

Voters
29. This poll is closed
  • Yes, its a good idea

5 17.24%
  • No, it's a bad idea

24 82.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annu View Post
    Not so far from the truth. In Germany and Switzerland they even deduct the church tax directly from your salary. It's the fiscal authorities that collect it and transfer the money to the church. The separation of church and state is definitely not given here.
    Yeah, church tax is crazy. Still i think the separation of church and state is given, that´s more or less just bureaucracy at play.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Apparently I can't dance in public in germany on some holidays mainly because of christianity, I as a true atheist am highly offended by this as it oppresses me, I should be able to dance when I want to dance (in public). I'm for real secularism, it can't be that religion influences my life in any way even if I choose not to participate in any religion.

Quote from Wikipedia about the Tanzverbot:

Are you ok with this?*

*note this thread is not aimed at bashing a religion.
    This isn't solely about religion and state. If you believe there should be laws against "offensive speech" like most of Europe does, then this dancing ban makes sense. Dancing in front of someone who is in mourning can be seen as offensive to that person. Welcome to your own PC culture.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2016-03-24 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    This isn't solely about religion and state. If you believe there should be laws against "offensive speech" like most of Europe does, then this dancing ban makes sense. Dancing in front of someone who is in mourning can be seen as offensive to that person. Welcome to your own PC culture.
    Ye... no, thats just flat out bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

lol at people who think religious laws restricting freedom are okay becease they like some of the other religious laws.

I doubt that it's enforced anywhere...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, church tax is crazy. Still i think the separation of church and state is given, that´s more or less just bureaucracy at play.
    Well, not with political parties like these ones:

CVP - Christdemokratische Volkspartei (christian democratic peoples party).
    EVP - Evangelische Volkspartei (evangelical peoples party).

CVP has 27 and EVP 2 seats in the national parliament in Switzerland. Its not compatible with the definition of a secular parliament if the churches have their own political parties. That's exactly how purely religious laws like the dancing ban came into existence.

"Uh SUNDAY IS FOR CHURCH TIME you sick bastard, come give us your money to get rid of your sins." - no sane person ever.
    Lol. Bait thread.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annu View Post
    Well, not with political parties like these ones:

CVP - Christdemokratische Volkspartei (christian democratic peoples party).
    EVP - Evangelische Volkspartei (evangelical peoples party).

CVP has 27 and EVP 2 seats in the national parliament in Switzerland. Its not compatible with the definition of a secular parliament if the churches have their own political parties. That's exactly how purely religious laws like the dancing ban came into existence.
    I don´t know how much influence the chruch has on those parties or if they´re just christian by name.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Apparently I can't dance in public in germany on some holidays mainly because of christianity, I as a true atheist am highly offended by this as it oppresses me, I should be able to dance when I want to dance (in public). I'm for real secularism, it can't be that religion influences my life in any way even if I choose not to participate in any religion.

Quote from Wikipedia about the Tanzverbot:

Are you ok with this?*

Send in Kevin Bacon!! It's time to get footloose!!

Is this law actually enforced?

States in the US have tons of stupid laws that are not actually enforced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Is this law actually enforced?

States in the US have tons of stupid laws that are not actually enforced.
    Yeah, though it´s really not about dancing but events and depends on the federal state how it´s enforced. There´s not one single day where no events are allowed all day long in every federal state.

Deleted
    Like Mayhem said, it's not really about dancing, but public events. E.g you can dance for yourself in the middle of a city or start a private party at your home.

Im an atheist too, but I like the free time around easter. If they uninstall the Tanzverbot, why shouldnt they uninstall the free days too?
    Acutally I'm not offended, that I dont have to work during this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow discussion or bashing of religion here for the sake of it, and this is pretty much that.

Closing.