Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Not currently a fan of Israel but I have very little sympathy with someone who is trying to maim people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    A bit off-topic... but i just want to stress a point.
    I said the soldier is the real victim here in my eyes.

Conscription to the military is mandatory in Israel, and you don't get to choose where you're gonna be stationed.
    You're drafted at 18, and usually the soldiers that are on guard duty, like in this particular case, are just 18 year old.

You can imagine the amount of stress they are put under, knowing that at every moment, a terrorist might try to kill them.
    and yet, they must be friendly and civil towards the Palestinian population.
    I know this first hand, as i served for about 2 weeks in the border as part of extended basic training.

This is not a stress all of these kids can deal with.
    Not everyone wants to be a soldier, not everyone wants to hold a weapon.
    some of them are even hold extremist left-wing opinions.

Can you guess where i'm going with this?

Cause just 2 days my girlfriend attended the funereal of a guy she went to school with, who shot himself, because of the army.
    And this happens... way too frequently.
    The situation was over. There was no more threat. It was done. He walked up and shot the guy as the ambulance drove up to him. That's not stress, that's deliberate.
    I can understand rage and panic, i really can, but the confrontation was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    So an unarmed man should be executed in cold blood while bleeding out? We should act better than those we think behave worse than us, that's the point. To not be like them.
    A terrorist who tried to murder innocent people should be executed yes. A terrorist is a terrorist , it doesn't matter if he is from ISIS or not and they all should be executed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a really stupid move by the Israeli soldier.

They should learn from the South African experience. The moment we started shooting terrorists left, right and center we got all sorts of sanctions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    This is a really stupid move by the Israeli soldier.

They should learn from the South African experience. The moment we started shooting terrorists left, right and center we got all sorts of sanctions.
    The problem for Israel and what they are going to have to struggle with is there is an expectation that they are better than this. And every time this occurs or a prominent Israeli calls for executing attackers then another chip comes off the edifice of that belief. And it will continue till people believe they are no different than the attackers so why bother supporting them.

“If our enemies are continuing to raise up knives to us in Jerusalem it means we’re not acting as is necessary. The fact that there are terrorists that are still coming out alive after committing terrorist acts means that we haven’t understood that we’re in a war, and we need to destroy these enemies." Municipal Chief Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    Cant blame him, I would double tap any muslim if given half the chance too.

Should be standard practice in any of our armed forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I dunno, how can a human being be so heartless to go around stabbing others?
    Is Israel occupying and blockading Palestine?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Nope, cause there no such thing as Palestine.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world disagrees. Next question?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I guess it justifies murder you're right

10+ Year Old Account
    And nothing of value was lost.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You would probably like Sharia. Want your hand? Don't steal. You want your head? Don't commit crimes.
    well dont steal and commit crimes

Deleted
    So then Isreal is a aparied state, who refuse give a large number of its poulation basic rights as real voting rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    The problem for Israel and what they are going to have to struggle with is there is an expectation that they are better than this. And every time this occurs or a prominent Israeli calls for executing attackers then another chip comes off the edifice of that belief. And it will continue till people believe they are no different than the attackers so why bother supporting them.

“If our enemies are continuing to raise up knives to us in Jerusalem it means we’re not acting as is necessary. The fact that there are terrorists that are still coming out alive after committing terrorist acts means that we haven’t understood that we’re in a war, and we need to destroy these enemies." Municipal Chief Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu
    In fairness, this is a "problem" for any non-autocratic regime--we hold our soldiers and law enforcement officials to higher standards of conduct than we do criminals and terrorists, expecting them to act within the law and not start executing people they've decided for themselves deserve it, which is exactly how it should be. Although we actually DO hold criminals and terrorists to that standard too, since we prosecute them for their crimes. The situation was over and in hand, the suspect was already shot, on the ground, and incapacitated. I hope the people arguing in favor of shooting unarmed, incapacitated suspects don't also tell themselves they value the rule of law. "Murder subdued terrorists in cold blood cause we're so much better than they are!"

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    So then Isreal is a aparied state, who refuse give a large number of its poulation basic rights as real voting rights.
    Israel currently controls those territories.
    They don't want to be part of Israel, and they see Israel as their enemy.
    They have autonomy, and their own government.
    They are not a state.

Call it whatever you want.

Deleted
    if the soldier is smart his defence will be ... I was sure he did have a bomb belt... it will be almost impossible to "prove" he did not believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    I hope the people arguing in favor of shooting unarmed, incapacitated suspects don't also tell themselves they value the rule of law. "Murder subdued terrorists in cold blood cause we're so much better than they are!"
    It's funny you mention that, cause that's exactly the argument i had with my friend.
    he said the rule of law is above all.

I said, that justice is above all.
    And the terrorist got exactly the justice he deserved.

But Israel is a still a country with the rule of law.
    so the soldier will be judged by that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dumathoinn View Post
    So a man that stab's another person deserves a fair trial?
    I dunno bro, do you like living under the rule of law or would you prefer vigilante justice?

Deleted
    They have autonomy, and their own government.
    They are not a state.
    autonomy that Israel arbitrarily overrule... so they are oppressed...

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    autonomy that Israel arbitrarily overrule... so they are oppressed...
    yes they are oppressed.
    they live under a regime of a country they see as their enemies.

But unless you're a marxist, you can see that the oppressed can also be the oppressor.