Poll: Would you wear clothing that someone else wore before?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm with other people that this, while an interesting idea, is massively overpriced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not opposed to wearing other peoples used clothes, I've purchased clothes from thrift stores before. So long as shits washed its not a problem. But $139 a month?? I don't think I even spend that much on clothing in half a year let alone a month. Pass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I'm not sure where people are reading that the clothes don't get washed after being returned for all the freaking out about crap stains. Regardless, I wouldn't use the service because why pay that much to rent when you can buy a lot more off-brand clothing for less?

Oh. Thought there was a neutral "No" option in the poll. Guess I'm picking option 3.
    But you dont know for sure if they actually washed them nor do you know how well they washed them

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    But you dont know for sure if they actually washed them nor do you know how well they washed them
    Maybe if someone else said something I could understand but coming from you, the paranoid germaphobe, it's hard to tell.

My brother studies in Leipzig, Germany and if it wasn't for the sales of second-hand clothing, he'd be suffering very rough times concerning his money.

Its $139 per month for 3 outfits at a time
    $139 per month!? What a ridiculous waste of money! I could BUY 3 full sets of clothes from Kohl's for less than that!

I think the idea is that these are expensive clothes that people may not be able to afford. Like a $500 shirt from Neiman Marcus. Id rather just wear cheap clothes
    Nobody needs a shirt for 500 bucks. And I'd rather wear a shirt for 30 bucks from adidas than any designer shirt from people I don't know and don't care about.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

No, that is more than I get in pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind, for you people who buy $20 shirts and pants, $139 a month seems silly.

But most of the stuff they're 'renting out' will run anywhere from $3000 to $8000 for three items. That's effectively a steal. A years subscription would cost the same as -one- piece of clothing. So you can go for 2-4 years depending on what you get for same cost. It's not a terrible idea for people who spend that much on clothing. And people do. A lot.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Keep in mind, for you people who buy $20 shirts and pants, $139 a month seems silly.

But most of the stuff they're 'renting out' will run anywhere from $3000 to $8000 for three items. That's effectively a steal. A years subscription would cost the same as -one- piece of clothing. So you can go for 2-4 years depending on what you get for same cost. It's not a terrible idea for people who spend that much on clothing. And people do. A lot.
    And what happens when you drip red wine on that $5000 suit you rented.

Depending on your work attire this could save someone a lot of money. I think it has less value for men as they just wear suits basically.

A woman at work was using one of these services. They sent her a lot of pretty dresses last summer. Don't know what service she used or the pricing. Her clothes were great though and she had a LOT of variety. I basically never saw her wear the same top, dress or skirt or slacks twice for the 3-4 months she was in our department.

That's very cool.

Women's clothing is quite expensive. Professional women's clothing even more so- $200 for a blouse is not uncommon.

I don't think i'd do this, but I can see some of the perks. I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

And what happens when you drip red wine on that $5000 suit you rented.
    I'm sure that is covered in the fine print.