Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Croats aren't really much better, true enough. Serbs are the aggressive nationalistic, while Croatians are the backstabbing, treaty-ignoring type. Put all of them + muslims together in BiH and it came out as a disaster. The problem in that Balkan region is that no one acknowledges anything except brute force.
    One thing I never understood though, is why in every documentary I've found about the war and all of that...it's always "muslims", never Bosnians. Since i'm not realy from here it's something I don't get.

Croats can be pretty nationalistic as well. I see Ustaše graffiti and they still sing the songs , at least in Dubrovnik...then again it's mostly drunken idiots during/after football games so ..take that for what you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Eh...technically speaking his use of Yugoslavia is correct, just..Yugoslavia minus everyone but the Serbs and Montenegro. Still the same state..just...smaller. *shrugs*.
    Well in the US anyway, in our terminology, "Former Yugoslavia" was the preferred term when discussing a group of successor states (if it was just one, that one was named) for most of the 1990s. Hell even 'Former Soviet Union" was commonly used until the early 2000s when discussing that particular region as a group (as in "The Secretary of Defense is traveling to the Former Soviet Union on Tuesday" if he were visiting Ukraine, then Russia, then Kazakhstan).

This reflects some interesting legalese here. After the Cold War, it was fairly quickly, but not immediately apparently, that "Russia" would inherit the roles and responsibilities of the larger USSR of which Russia was the recognized successor state, but prior component of. THat was less clear in a deeply fractional breakup like Yugoslavia with eventually the consensus emerging that Serbia was for the most part the legal successor.

Hey, his wife, Hillary, bombed Libya as Sec of State without Congressional approval. they are Clintons- they don't need anyone's approval...

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    2 of the September 11 hijackers had fought in Bosnia. Your government supported them in their war against Christian Serbia and you got what was coming. The sequel will come from the cockroaches scurrying from Syria to USA and Europe.

I hope you are ready for the your comeuppance.
    Um.

15 were from Saudi Arabia
    2 were from the UAE
    1 was from Egypt
    1 was from Lebanon.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/27/us/sep...rs-fast-facts/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijack...ber_11_attacks

Do you mean the old urban legend that they a couple of them fought in the Yugoslav wars? It's just another example of the "what goes around comes around" wish fulfillment of some sectors of the world. Some folks (like yourself) wanted it to be that way to make some kind of point about US foreign policy blowing up in our faces. Too bad for you it didn't actually happen.

And more to the point, disrupting Russian hold power in South-Eastern Europe is a worthy goal unto itself no matter what.

So

Clinton decided to cover up some unconfirmed rape? with invading Yugoslavia, where he paid islamists to fight neo-nazi's, later on bush hired some of theese islamist to fly into the twin towers and a decade after that Obama helped the neo nazis they were fighting with radical muslims in yoguslavia to take over ukraine.

Did I get it right Cybran?

Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi were both experienced and respected jihadists in the eyes of al-Qaeda leader, Osama bin Laden. Mihdhar and Hazmi both had prior experience fighting in Bosnia, and had trained during the 1990s at camps in Afghanistan
    Your own fighters blew up in your face.

Your own fighters blew up in your face.
    Two out of 19/20. Still doesn't mean we should have done anything different. That could also mean absolutely anything. Lots of people "fought in Afghanistan" too during the 1980s. Many fewer actually shot a Stinger at a Soviet.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Two out of 19/20. Still doesn't mean we should have done anything different.
    You would have had 3000 less civilian corpses in New York and 13 000 less soldiers killed and committed suicide over the span of the last 15 years.

All of that because the Clintons wanted to be warmongers.

Yugoslavia was somewhere in between west and east https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Aligned_Movement during cold war.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Russian influence in Yugoslavia? You mean that Yugoslavia that was threatening Stalin with death in the 50s if he doesn't fuck off? Or the one were you were sent to a barren island on a holiday for a couple of years for re-education if you were caught saying 'Stalin does have some good points...'?
    No I mean seizing the 1990s opportunity to bridge NATO/the EU from Italy to Greece via a land route. An opportunity that was largely siezed and accomplished. Bosnia in particular isn't too many years away from joining NATO in particularly. Montenegro joined late last year.

- - - Updated - - -

You would have had 3000 less civilian corpses in New York and 13 000 less soldiers killed and committed suicide over the span of the last 15 years.

All of that because the Clintons wanted to be warmongers.
    Yes that's exactly how it all happened. You got it all figured it.

Deleted
    Is it just me or.. did Clinton look very sexy back then?

You got it all figured it.
    More than you, considering you actually believe that Bosnia, Kosovo or Albania have a chance in hell to join the EU in the next 10 years or more. They are in ruins with no future thanks to your Presidents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    But you know that in Truth, the German gouvernment was to blame. Fucking Schröder. I'm not entirely sure how you're going to connect the dots, but I have faith in you, my friend. I am certain that if nobody else, you will be able to connect the dots for me.
    Don´t kid yourself, you damn well know it was all merkels fault!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    There seems to be a growing number of people who believe the only criteria in any course of action should be how many muslims they can kill.
    That does seem to be the revisionist argument going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Clinton decided to cover up some unconfirmed rape? with invading Yugoslavia,
    Well, I don't know about rape per se, but this was about the time Bill was caught indecently propositioning some woman after slipping away from his security detail. It's how we know that Lil' Bill is crooked.

As for the Serbs, it seems they're only getting what they wished on Croatia, so it serves them right IMO.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Something something Russian veto preventing it the rest being in favor something something.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Something something Russian veto preventing it the rest being in favor something something.
    Don't you think it was justified considering the current (bad) state of the region?

Don't you think it was justified considering the current (bad) state of the region?
    Nope.

Because Russia was protecting it's interests and nothing more. Which were not our interests.

This is extremely academic.

Because Russia was protecting it's interests and nothing more. Which were not our interests.
    Your interests created 3 failed states with 35% to 40% unemployment, chronic low wages, drug trafficking, weapon smuggling and general misery. Where 2000 churches have been desecrated over the last decade and Christians driven from their houses.

Why doesn't your government shove your interests up their ass?

10+ Year Old Account
    This implies it was more stable before and more equal, it wasn't. Requires us to turn a blind eye to ethnic cleansing and so forth.

Unless you want to argue that an area in civil war was more stable than it currently is. Only a fool would claim that, are you a fool?