Perma ban while having bought RP in the past

Hey all, I have a question and hope someone can provide the answer.

I have been perma banned. The ban was warranted, I agree. I was wondering what's about my RP bought content and the spare RP I was having at the time of being banned. It's kind of... weird?... to have all the money I invested in this game to be taken away from me.

I've read on reddit that by Germany law you can't be perma banned if you have RP on an account. Is it true? Does it work in other countries? I'm on EUW.

Is it possible that they will return the money I spent? Unban the account? Transfer the RP contant on to another one I provide?

I hope the discussion won't focus on me actually getting perma banned and why, but on the relation RP bought <-> perma ban and the law that stands behind this.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they will not. You were warned, this is the consequence of your actions. You chose to fully accept these consequences by continuing your behaviour.

No clue about the laws, but i don't see it affecting that much when you've agreed to their terms of service, and in those there's always the part where they can ban your account for whatever they like.

If the RP purchase was recent you could try chargeback via paypal, but i wouldn't really recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Hey all, I have a question and hope someone can provide the answer.

I have been perma banned. The ban was warranted, I agree. I was wondering what's about my RP bought content and the spare RP I was having at the time of being banned. It's kind of... weird?... to have all the money I invested in this game to be taken away from me.

I've read on reddit that by Germany law you can't be perma banned if you have RP on an account. Is it true? Does it work in other countries? I'm on EUW.

Is it possible that they will return the money I spent? Unban the account? Transfer the RP contant on to another one I provide?

I hope the discussion won't focus on me actually getting perma banned and why, but on the relation RP bought <-> perma ban and the law that stands behind this.
    Lol why did you get perma banned? Anyways, you know the small text you always press 'Accept" to when you install a new patch? Riot is entitled to everything since you broke that contract. Maybe if you beg them hard enough, they may reverse the ban.

Deleted
    You broke the rules, you got punished.

They can do it and they have.

If you purchased the rp within 45 days you can chargeback everything. I've done it successfully before.. But after 45 days the money is theres.

Deleted
    The often-quoted german verdict from a Berlin court states that you cannot be perma-banned for a first offence of breaking game rules. You can be perma-banned after a prior warning, temporary ban, whatever. You can be perma-banned for breaking the law even on first offence. So the 'why' of your ban might matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    The often-quoted german verdict from a Berlin court states that you cannot be perma-banned for a first offence of breaking game rules. You can be perma-banned after a prior warning, temporary ban, whatever. You can be perma-banned for breaking the law even on first offence. So the 'why' of your ban might matter.
    And Riot makes sure you always at least get a chat ban or 14 day ban at minimum.

You can be perma-banned for any reason, regardless of German law. You agreed to the terms of service to play on Riot's servers, you breached those terms of service and therefore you can be banned. It's like breaching a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    You can be perma-banned for any reason, regardless of German law. You agreed to the terms of service to play on Riot's servers, you breached those terms of service and therefore you can be banned. It's like breaching a contract.
    A court ruling said you can't be, provided it was the first offense and was strictly breaking in game rules. But Riot never perms on first offense anyways. Even if you're doing something like fucking drop hacking, they send you a warning, then nail you after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    A court ruling said you can't be, provided it was the first offense and was strictly breaking in game rules. But Riot never perms on first offense anyways. Even if you're doing something like fucking drop hacking, they send you a warning, then nail you after.
    And Riot games doesn't at all care about the court ruling because it has literally zero jurisdiction over them

You're probably going to stay banned. Riot are super strict with this kind of stuff and have no second thoughts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ck301 View Post
    If you purchased the rp within 45 days you can chargeback everything. I've done it successfully before.. But after 45 days the money is theres.
    Actually some banks/credit card companies allow you to file for chargebacks up to 365 days after the transaction was made place.

I'm willing to bet their ToS has this wrapped up pretty solidly and likely states that RP is still their property with no monetary value. It'd be like asking them to refund you IP, it can't exist outside of the account.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    And Riot games doesn't at all care about the court ruling because it has literally zero jurisdiction over them
    If riot offers it´s services to people in a country, they need to comply to that countries ruling. just like blizzard hides bones in the chinese version of wow and facebook is forced to send you a printed out version of all communication you had via facebook if forced by ... was it norwegian? law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.