Deleted

[The Future Is Here]: Holoportation - virtual 3D teleportation (Microsoft)

Holoportation is a new type of 3D capture technology that allows high quality 3D models of people to be reconstructed, compressed, and transmitted anywhere in the world in real-time. When combined with mixed reality displays such as HoloLens, this technology allows users to see and interact with remote participants in 3D as if they are actually present in their physical space. Communicating and interacting with remote users becomes as natural as face to face communication.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    That's actually really cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't give it praise. Don't you remember the Kinect?

I wouldn't have thought about using it to "capture" memories like that. That is so awesome. I can see the appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

That's awesome.

"Oh hey son, didnt mean to barge in...what are ya doin?"

"DAD GET OUT, I'M IN A VERY IMPORTANT BOARD MEETING!!!!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm surrounded by an entire fucking room of cameras just to make this work"

Sorry, that right there tells me this tech is years, if not decades away from actually being something mainstream, or even remotely useful outside of being a cute gimmick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Accel World ! can't come soon enough.

Really what you want is a sticker applied behind the ear that sends impulses directly to your brain that make you think you see, hear, smell, taste, and touch everything. That way you don't need camera or visors. That is probably 20-30 years off though. At best right now, we can put a sticker there and a paralyzed person might control a robot arm a little bit.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

All I get from this is slide shows are about to get really neat.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

So why does their baseline model have a full second of lag, while the textured in-world iteration thereof doesn't seem to have any? Why is that the picture-in-picture footage doesn't actually match the demonstrator's movements? I mean, this is certainly cool and all. But I think this is probably more of a marketing presentation with several edits, rather than an accurate representation of what the project is presently capable of. Wouldn't be the first time, though.
    Last edited by Anonymous1038853; 2016-03-27 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    "I'm surrounded by an entire fucking room of cameras just to make this work"

Sorry, that right there tells me this tech is years, if not decades away from actually being something mainstream, or even remotely useful outside of being a cute gimmick.
    Someone had to be the trailblazer

Quote Originally Posted by BonesTheRabbit View Post
    So why does their baseline model have a full second of lag, while the textured in-world iteration thereof doesn't seem to have any? Why is that the picture-in-picture footage doesn't actually match the demonstrator's movements? I mean, this is certainly cool and all. But I think this is probably more of a marketing presentation with several edits, rather than an accurate representation of what the project is presently capable of. Wouldn't be the first time, though.
    Input lag. Due to processing. And this one is pretty fast tbh.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how long it will be before the adult industry get in on this sort of thing.. Because no doubt they will that is for sure..

This is really cool, it would just take a lot of space to make it work. All the cameras can't obviously be cheap, either...

As he said, though, it's something that might help change communication "in the future."

Now just think about real interactive holo video games. Pokemon and YuGiOh would be amazing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    Input lag. Due to processing. And this one is pretty fast tbh.
    Input lag where? For the PIP? Because I figured that would be a factor, but there are points in the video where it explicitly doesn't match up. Particularly around the 2 minute mark, where he moves his head vertically, but the PIP doesn't move along that axis at all.

Deleted
    instead of developing gimmicky shit thats not gonna be mainstream for another 20 years if ever, they sohuld focus on fixing windows 10 issues that people have

- - - Updated - - -

what did microsoft announce before this oh tay the nazi loving sex robot lol i dnt really have any faith in microsofts creative team

I can see the appeal.
    Last edited by lleyubiea; 2016-03-28 at 07:31 AM.