Worgen Fury Warrior for Legion

Hello folks,

I'm an old school warrior. I've gone through so many race changes, from Night Elf to Draenei to Dwarf...and now I'm wondering about Worgens. I haven't played WoW in years, but looking at Bajheera's Fury Warrior Duel videos, I kinda want to start playing WoW and Warriors again. Last time I had fun playing my warrior was in WotLK as a Draenei, mostly because enraged regen+gift of the naaru+herbalism HoT. I always liked the idea of strong self-healing for my warrior, but now that enraged regen got changed, and the fact that bloodthirst heals for quite a lot, I don't see GotN that worthwhile anymore. I'm wondering, would Darkflight be useful for a warrior now that they have 2 charges and 3 heroic leaps?

I'm not interested in Arms warriors. Just Fury and a little bit about Protection. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Deleted
    I'd advise you to hold your horses.
    It's either 2 charge-charges OR a stun. I can see the majority of PvP warriors opting for the stun, our last bit of utility.
    The talent that gives heroic leap 3 charges may also have decent competition BUT it is so strong, almost mandatory to help our mobility when choosing stormbolt. It might well receive some changes because of that.

Wait until they've completely settled class design.
    That being said, worgen is never a good choice (unless you go for style!). Dark Flight is useless if you're slowed. Better alternatives are humans (Emfh), gnomes (escape artist - absolutely awesome) or even pandaren (extra CC/interrupt).

Quote Originally Posted by Lumrocks View Post
    I'd advise you to hold your horses.
    It's either 2 charge-charges OR a stun. I can see the majority of PvP warriors opting for the stun, our last bit of utility.
    The talent that gives heroic leap 3 charges may also have decent competition BUT it is so strong, almost mandatory to help our mobility when choosing stormbolt. It might well receive some changes because of that.

Wait until they've completely settled class design.
    That being said, worgen is never a good choice (unless you go for style!). Dark Flight is useless if you're slowed. Better alternatives are humans (Emfh), gnomes (escape artist - absolutely awesome) or even pandaren (extra CC/interrupt).
    Well, 1% crit is not too shabby especially for Fury and Darkflight+Bladestorm seems good on paper. Throw in Avatar for good measure and you can get rid of another slow. Also Darkflight+Heroic Leap speed talent sounds like insane speed!

I have never liked humans (meh animations), gnomes (just silly to look at) or pandarens (too fat).

Tbh that 1% extra crit is less useful in legion because recklessness will be 100%. I would much rather want the dwarf boost to improve the reck window & you get stoneform as a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    Tbh that 1% extra crit is less useful in legion because recklessness will be 100%. I would much rather want the dwarf boost to improve the reck window & you get stoneform as a bonus.
    That's true. I forgot about that. Stoneform is a very good racial and can work as a pseudo escape artist vs magic roots (frost nova, entangling roots, etc) ! It drives feral druids mad as well lol

Deleted
    With the racial changes in Legion there are some viable alternatives to human for many classes. There has been for a while for warriors specifically as gnome is a very good choice as well. Dwarf is nice and NE has very little situational uses, draenei is decent. And ... Worgen is terrible. Worgen is my favourite race, my first pvp characters were worgens and i rerolled human for all of them realizing that I lost so much. (basically you trade a low efficiency sprint for a 2000 main stat proc and 0.5% dmg reduction from all source)

Now with the pvp changes, human will not be the master race necessarily, Gnomes, humans and dwarves will probably fight till death on these forums (or others) to demonstrate that they are the best option for a warrior, both racials will have their uses.

And warning, I have been refused spots in ranked bgs or arena teams because i was a worgen, this is how deep the problem goes (but again, this is more about the state of human than it is about the worgen's). This is fairly rare but you would be surprised as to how often I'm being discarded just because of the race of my character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    With the racial changes in Legion there are some viable alternatives to human for many classes. There has been for a while for warriors specifically as gnome is a very good choice as well. Dwarf is nice and NE has very little situational uses, draenei is decent. And ... Worgen is terrible. Worgen is my favourite race, my first pvp characters were worgens and i rerolled human for all of them realizing that I lost so much. (basically you trade a low efficiency sprint for a 2000 main stat proc and 0.5% dmg reduction from all source)

Now with the pvp changes, human will not be the master race necessarily, Gnomes, humans and dwarves will probably fight till death on these forums (or others) to demonstrate that they are the best option for a warrior, both racials will have their uses.

And warning, I have been refused spots in ranked bgs or arena teams because i was a worgen, this is how deep the problem goes (but again, this is more about the state of human than it is about the worgen's). This is fairly rare but you would be surprised as to how often I'm being discarded just because of the race of my character.
    Agreed! Worgen Male is also my favourite race for my favourite Arms. The flip over dunk!!!
    Darkflight is definitely lacking in comparison with almost every other racial in the game from PvP PoV and somewhat decent for PvE. Some of the other races' traits such as Escape Artist and EMfH are definitely tie-breakers for a Warrior!!!

Would really appreciate small revision of certain racial traits before Legion.
    Darkflight: Either lower the CD dramatically or grant immunity (!) to slows and roots.
    War Stomp: Should not DR with other stuns.

On a side note, Worgen animations for Fury and Protection do seem a bit dull.

Come on, Blizzard, Worgen and Tauren are way more "appropriate" races for Warrior in terms of aesthetics and lore rather than Gnomes and Blood Elves!
    Last edited by mmocbd6f7263f8; 2016-03-28 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol you're not getting invited to groups because of the racials. It's because anyone that plays male worgen or male night elf and does pvp is usually terrible and the elite club of female humans will not take you seriously.

If you want to be somewhat respected in PvP, you have to play a female character. And if you need to play male, it better be human or else get lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikkd View Post
    Agreed! Worgen Male is also my favourite race for my favourite Arms. The flip over dunk!!!
    Darkflight is definitely lacking in comparison with almost every other racial in the game from PvP PoV and somewhat decent for PvE. Some of the other races' traits such as Escape Artist and EMfH are definitely tie-breakers for a Warrior!!!

Would really appreciate small revision of certain racial traits before Legion.
    Darkflight: Either lower the CD dramatically or grant immunity (!) to slows and roots.
    War Stomp: Should not DR with other stuns.

On a side note, Worgen animations for Fury and Protection do seem a bit dull.

Come on, Blizzard, Worgen and Tauren are way more "appropriate" races for Warrior in terms of aesthetics and lore rather than Gnomes and Blood Elves!
    Animations are mostly a matter of taste, I love worgens I still think their animations are not that great, but with legion this is pretty much irrelevant as I believe there are only a couple of spells who retain the racial animation and these are likely to go away with beta.

But on your point about Worgen and Tauren, first Tauren is actually a pretty decent choice, the martial stomp can be useful but mostly they have better passives than pretty much any other race +2% crit damage AND stamina buff, that can seem nothing but you have to consider the race kit as a whole to get the bigger picture and Worgen is basically a blood elf without a silence, Tauren is...A dwarf with a bonus Stamina and a stun instead of a self dispell + little dmg reduction cd.

The real problem is not so much that all actives are not equal, you can have underwhelming actives compensated by decent passives. Worgen has none of them. The +1% crit in most cases is a sub +1% versatility unless you synergize with crit (and even so, if your spec is based on crit, you'll have bonus crit that will negate its effect (Battle cry on legion - The new burst CD that replaces recklessnes)). The Dark flight in PvP has 0 use as a warrior, moreso as fury on legion with your 4 charges and leaps.

Taurens on the other hand have arguably some of the best passive for tanking, a very good +2% crit damage that cannot "not scale" because of gear, talents, boss mechanics or temporary buffs, and a situational stun.

Tauren is not a good example for the unbalance of racials.

Worgen and pandaren are.
    Last edited by mmoc3d4a9cac6a; 2016-03-28 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    Animations are mostly a matter of taste, I love worgens I still think their animations are not that great, but with legion this is pretty much irrelevant as I believe there are only a couple of spells who retain the racial animation and these are likely to go away with beta.

But on your point about Worgen and Tauren, first Tauren is actually a pretty decent choice, the martial stomp can be useful but mostly they have better passives than pretty much any other race +2% crit damage AND stamina buff, that can seem nothing but you have to consider the race kit as a whole to get the bigger picture and Worgen is basically a blood elf without a silence, Tauren is...A dwarf with a bonus Stamina and a stun instead of a self dispell + little dmg reduction cd.

The real problem is not so much that all actives are not equal, you can have underwhelming actives compensated by decent passives. Worgen has none of them. The +1% crit in most cases is a sub +1% versatility unless you synergize with crit (and even so, if your spec is based on crit, you'll have bonus crit that will negate its effect (Battle cry on legion - The new burst CD that replaces recklessnes)). The Dark flight in PvP has 0 use as a warrior, moreso as fury on legion with your 4 charges and leaps.

Taurens on the other hand have arguably some of the best passive for tanking, a very good +2% crit damage that cannot "not scale" because of gear, talents, boss mechanics or temporary buffs, and a situational stun.

Tauren is not a good example for the unbalance of racials.

Worgen and pandaren are.
    Pandas are too fluffy to be Warriors

Tauren passives are good, of course. But what about this?
    Cairne and Baine Bloodhoof are both Warriors. And yet War Stomp is really shit for Warrior! For PvE, tank or dps, we got Shockwave if an AoE stun is needed and for PvP it shares DR with other stuns (also Warbringer?)
    Last edited by mmocbd6f7263f8; 2016-03-29 at 05:38 PM.