Rejoining, need information?

Hiiii!~

With the collapse of a Mythic progression guild I was in on WoW, and finding a guild at this point for raiding is being fairly challenging that past few weeks. May just be out of luck until Legion arrives, I have been strongly curious with rejoining A Realm Reborn.

Not looking for any guilds, or end-game 'raid' stuff at the moment as I just have the base game itself, not Heavensward expansion.

I was hoping to get some information on the classes gameplay styles, as I can't find much information to the 'gameplay' side of things. Mostly just finding 'guides' for end-game content.

Having read the Wikia for classes, I've managed to narrow down to what I'd be interested to play, and -my- understanding of the classes, but would like some second opinions or suggestions for someone that is aiming to do mostly solo content, with an additional friend occasionally to 'synergize' with each other.
    • Lancer/Dragoon: Melee, ST /AoE.
    • Paladin/Gladiator: Tank /Tank+DPS.
    • Arcanist/Summoner: Caster, Dot Uptime reliant /+Tank pet.
    • Marauder/Warrior: Tank+ST /Tank+AoE.

Are the Class stories unique to the "Jobs"? (Specs, I'm assuming, except not being able to "switch"?)

Additionally.
    Is there any point into installing the game through Steam versus Square Enix's Final Fantasy launcher?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Yes each class has its own separate story and its the same goes for the jobs at 30. As far as the clients, not really, unless you own the game on Steam and want to track your play time.

If you want suggestions then I'd probably suggest Arcanist. It splits off into two jobs which are the Summoner (DPS) and Scholar (Healer) that share the same level. This obviously means that later on at max level you can get faster ques if you don't mind healing. The other choice is the Warrior (Tank) which has really nice damage for soloing stuff plus the obvious benefit of being a tank for faster ques.

10+ Year Old Account
    And avoid steam unless you already have it on that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    And avoid steam unless you already have it on that lol
    I linked the accounts, I have the option for either.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post

Are the Class stories unique to the "Jobs"? (Specs, I'm assuming, except not being able to "switch"?)
    Class quests go from 1-30. 30-Lv Cap Job quests take over.

It's a tad unfortunate if you actually like the lore of your Class ...

Arcanist/Summoner: Caster, Dot Uptime reliant /+Tank pet.
    It's pretty much a warlock but not as specialized as WoW's warlock specs.

DoTs will be the main source of damage with a weak nuke as filler.

You have "charges" that you refresh on CD that allow you to nuke big depending on how many dots are active on the target, spread your DoTs, or just do a cleave attack. Either of those will build up a buff stack which at 3 you can go into Wyrm mode for extra damage and a big cleave nuke. Something like that.

You pets can extend DoT duration, provide a damage reflect buff or tank stuff, depending on which you have out.

Either way, you might become a tad piss when you level from 30 to Lv cap as your adorable pets are replaced by glow in the dark playdough figurines.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I linked the accounts, I have the option for either.
    Ehhh no what I meant was with a steam account you can ONLY buy it from steam that is expansions abd other things. No physical codes will work with a steam version

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ehhh no what I meant was with a steam account you can ONLY buy it from steam that is expansions abd other things. No physical codes will work with a steam version
    Ok and? Steam xpacs come out with Steam. You can still get the Digital CE's if you want for that steam account and if you like collecting physicals then that too. And yes I know that physical can't be steam activated I meant in the collectors sense hence why that digi upgrade exists. I see no real issue with Steam. It's just the same as buying the game normally except a tiny bit more restrictive.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-03-27 at 09:53 AM.

Yeah there's no problem with the Steam version as long as never want to get the physical CE.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah there's no problem with the Steam version as long as never want to get the physical CE.
    Tbh you could get the PS4 physical CE since I think it's the same if you ever fancy chilling in the living room or whatnot. Also can still get physical if you like collecting that stuff. Not sure if the PS3 CE's are the same though.

That is true but you need to buy a second copy of the game then. My two friends who just started the game bought it on Steam and have had no issues with it. I think people are making it look like a big deal when it really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    That is true but you need to buy a second copy of the game then. My two friends who just started the game bought it on Steam and have had no issues with it. I think people are making it look like a big deal when it really isn't.
    Idd it really isn't. I've got a physical CE of HW on the way because I want it for the sake of collecting. Plus the statue is pretty sweet.

I think I have a PS4 license for the game, too... Can't remember, and I have to call Square Enix tomorrow or the day after to get my account fix; a phone update removed my security key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of people have said they regretted getting the steam version I was just putting the info out their

I think I have a PS4 license for the game, too... Can't remember, and I have to call Square Enix tomorrow or the day after to get my account fix; a phone update removed my security key.
    Console and basic Windows license's are much more lenient than a Steam one but you can have multiple platforms on the same account just have to buy it again for PC or PS3. If you have the PS4 version I'd say don't buy it again though since I just got it to replace my PS3 version and it runs just as good if not the same as the pc version.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-03-27 at 10:59 PM.

Hiiii!~

With the collapse of a Mythic progression guild I was in on WoW, and finding a guild at this point for raiding is being fairly challenging that past few weeks. May just be out of luck until Legion arrives, I have been strongly curious with rejoining A Realm Reborn.

Not looking for any guilds, or end-game 'raid' stuff at the moment as I just have the base game itself, not Heavensward expansion.

I was hoping to get some information on the classes gameplay styles, as I can't find much information to the 'gameplay' side of things. Mostly just finding 'guides' for end-game content.

Having read the Wikia for classes, I've managed to narrow down to what I'd be interested to play, and -my- understanding of the classes, but would like some second opinions or suggestions for someone that is aiming to do mostly solo content, with an additional friend occasionally to 'synergize' with each other.
    • Lancer/Dragoon: Melee, ST /AoE.
    • Paladin/Gladiator: Tank /Tank+DPS.
    • Arcanist/Summoner: Caster, Dot Uptime reliant /+Tank pet.
    • Marauder/Warrior: Tank+ST /Tank+AoE.

Additionally.
    Is there any point into installing the game through Steam versus Square Enix's Final Fantasy launcher?
    SMN: Affliction warlock w/ tank pet, or choice of dps pet (one being ranged, other melee)
    DRG: Kinda-sorta like rogue, minus stealth (I only have experience with DRG up to 50 though)
    WAR: Tank, more akin to WoW's Death Knight if anything
    PLD: Similar (but yet very different) than WoW's prot paladin.

Each class has a story from 1-30. Once the level 30 class quest is completed (and you've leveled up the necessary secondary class), the job quests become available. Once you decide on which you want to focus on, make sure to check into which secondary class you need. Eventually, you'll find a need to level a bit of everything for various cross class skills that are pretty much must haves. Examples: leveling up gladiator to 16 or 18...whatever level they get Provoke. Thaumaturge/Black Mage for Swiftcast, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    SMN: Affliction warlock w/ tank pet, or choice of dps pet (one being ranged, other melee)
    DRG: Kinda-sorta like rogue, minus stealth (I only have experience with DRG up to 50 though)
    WAR: Tank, more akin to WoW's Death Knight if anything
    PLD: Similar (but yet very different) than WoW's prot paladin.

Each class has a story from 1-30. Once the level 30 class quest is completed (and you've leveled up the necessary secondary class), the job quests become available. Once you decide on which you want to focus on, make sure to check into which secondary class you need. Eventually, you'll find a need to level a bit of everything for various cross class skills that are pretty much must haves. Examples: leveling up gladiator to 16 or 18...whatever level they get Provoke. Thaumaturge/Black Mage for Swiftcast, etc.
    Provokes 24 as jd swiftest from a thm alot of really good ones seem to be 24