Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    This is a red herring argument. Nobody's talking about any of that. We're talking about the alarmism over immigration compared to the overall reality that overall the violence rate has not had a significant increase.
    Mass unskilled migration is always bad, regardless of violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Lefties fear monger even more about non-existent issues in the West. War on women and gays, gun crisis, Islamophobia, race crisis, etc.
    The war on homosexual people is an actual, real thing. Or are you forgetting that it's barely been a year since the supreme court cased ruled that it's unconstitutional to deny marriage to same-sex couples? That is literally the smallest, tiniest step, because you still having ass clowns that disown members of their family purely for choosing that type of lifestyle, or dickwaffles that enjoy oppressing others to feel superior.

The war on homosexuality might not exist in the most left parts of the country, but take a walk into Alabama giving your partner a kiss in public (like literally every other couple has done.) and don't feel surprised at the idiots. You would think some people just wouldn't care, but that's religious warfare for you. Making people care for things that are completely irrelevant since 40,000 B.C.

Do you know what the left really fear mongers that's actually, truly terrifying? Safe spaces and protection from harmful words. That's scary. All of those things you listed are actual problems the left deems as illogical or simply irrational, yet the most irrational thing to me is this idea that adults need to be sheltered from words.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    For once I agree with Drumpf. Europe is fine but America is not a safe place for Americans.

Just look at the statistics done by CNN:

From 2001 – 2013 there was a total of 3380 American lives lost due to terrorist attacks on US and foreign soil combined (9/11 included). 3380!

In the same time period but on US soil alone, the Americans had 406,496 deaths due to firearms. That number includes murders, accidents and suicides.

406,496 Americans killed by either themselves or other Americans compared to 3380 Americans killed by terrorists.
    Yes I’d say the Americans are not safe in America!

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/02/us...-gun-violence/

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    That is literally the smallest, tiniest step, because you still having ass clowns that disown members of their family purely for choosing that type of lifestyle, or dickwaffles that enjoy oppressing others to feel superior.
    They what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    It comes as no great surprise that a country with more guns than people isn't safe.
    A tiny fraction of the population gets killed by guns and it's mostly in predictable neighborhoods. Also, the gun itself isn't responsible in any of those cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Well he is not wrong. The majority of deaths of Americans happen in the USA.
    And most of it is cardiac arrests and car crashes.
    Putin khuliyo

This just in: Trump says dumb shit. Media rewards him with free publicity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    They what?
    Choosing a lifestyle to express ones inner being is what literally every human being does since the moment they are born. There are valid criticisms for choosing certain harmful lifestyles (Slamming down 30 cokes a day sounds really fucking unhealthy and stupid to me, but there are people that choose it.), however "My religion says that this is wrong." isn't ever a valid criticism.

If you really want to get down to brass tacks, I could say that all group religions are false. That every member of that congregation interprets or views the base scriptures or ideas their own way and the idea that two or more people can share the exact same internal beliefs and thoughts as another believer is not only impossible, but definitive proof that religion is a personal construct like morals and shouldn't be treated like a social construct.

Oh. On topic. Uhh. Trump is great, except he's not. Uhm. I dislike Trump, because he's unhealthy for young Americans. Uhm... Waffles. Trump is against waffles, probably because he loved Belgium waffles.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Scary brown foreign people:
    9/11 - Like 3,000 people
    That guy who did that thing - like 15 people
    Some other odds and ends - Some people

Americans:
    Every fucking year - 12,000+

He's clearly right. We aren't safe in our own country, and it's our own fucking fault. Put down the goddamn guns and pick up a cheeseburger, Americans.
    But the poor cows! It is amazing how good politicians in general are at getting people to care so much about small and non issues while much larger problems with the same or drastically scaled up consequences are over looked.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    This just in: Trump says dumb shit. Media rewards him with free publicity.
    "in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king"

Replace "blind" with idiots and "one-eyed man" with Trump.

And the more idiots get word of his amazing speeches, the easier it is for him to win. Exactly what the Trump wants: To be the king of idiots.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2016-03-27 at 05:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Just keep believing.
    Those crazy right wingers and their statistics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those crazy right wingers and their statistics.
    .... Okay I'll bite.

"Oh what statistics PrimaryColor? Are they going to be wrapped in the distinct right wing flavor that reeks of bullshit, or are they going to have actual merit?"

10+ Year Old Account
    A tiny fraction of the population gets killed by guns and it's mostly in predictable neighborhoods. Also, the gun itself isn't responsible in any of those cases.
    If gun violence in the US isn't an issue because it's a "tiny fraction of the population", then I'm sure you agree that terrorism is a non-issue in the Western world, because the number of victims of terrorism is orders of magnitude less than that "tiny fraction".

The simple reality is that your average toddler or regular dose of Aspirin is a bigger that to someone in North America or Europe, than terrorism is. Which is why banging the drum about terrorism is fearmongering. Yes, when it happens, it's tragic. It's tragic when someone's family dies in a car accident, too. That doesn't mean we should be taking steps to ban cars, or deny driving privileges to anyone with a shared superficial similarity to the person who'd caused that accident. And that's a far more reasonable position than fearmongering about terrorism, because car accidents are far more likely to kill you than a terrorist attack.

This sense of fear results from a 24/7 news cycle that needs to fill 168 hours every week with bad news, combined with political movements and agents who understand the motivational power of fear. That's it. It's propaganda and social engineering. It's not really functionally different from the anti-semitic activism in the '20s and '30s in Europe.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-03-27 at 05:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    .... Okay I'll bite.

"Oh what statistics PrimaryColor? Are they going to be wrapped in the distinct right wing flavor that reeks of bullshit, or are they going to have actual merit?"
    The one where you have less than a .1% chance of being killed by a gun, yet somehow it's a crisis worse than other deadlier avoidable deaths.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Fear mongering at its finest. It is to be expected with Trump, though, so this is nothing new.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    The one where you have less than a .1% chance of being killed by a gun, yet somehow it's a crisis worse than other deadlier avoidable deaths.
    Like what?

The same statistics make it clear that terrorism is a far smaller chance of being killed, and thus far less of a "crisis". The point being made wasn't that guns should be the only thing we talk about, it's that if you're worried about threats to Americans, guns are a much bigger issue than terrorists.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If gun violence in the US isn't an issue because it's a "tiny fraction of the population", then I'm sure you agree that terrorism is a non-issue in the Western world, because the number of victims of terrorism is orders of magnitude less than that "tiny fraction".
    Ive never said terrorism violence was a big problem or the reason why mass unskilled migration is bad.

Specifically regarding immigration from the Mid East, I have noted ideology and it's effect on assimilation as a valid reason for stricter migration from certain regions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Scary brown foreign people:
    9/11 - Like 3,000 people
    That guy who did that thing - like 15 people
    Some other odds and ends - Some people

Americans:
    Every fucking year - 12,000+

He's clearly right. We aren't safe in our own country, and it's our own fucking fault. Put down the goddamn guns and pick up a cheeseburger, Americans.
    But a cheeseburger makes you bigger = easier to hit

Agreed with that. Your country cant properly help thoes in need, and you breed more serial killers than anywhere else...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Like what?
    Auto accidents and avoidable hospital error deaths.