Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

A weight option in character creation?

My wife Carla has always had some pounds on her so to speak and she feels that it is not right that the only option WoW offers for people who have a little more mass is the Pandaren since she isn't into furries. Maybe the developers should add a weight option to the character creation. It's unrealistic that every human is fit like the Superman. Many people are not so good looking so they can't choose a character for themselves and then they quit WoW. With the decline in the sub numbers this option would maybe help getting more subscribers and also it would give Blizzard a good name because they support the plus sized community.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    it isnt realistic that everyone is built like superman correct. it is realistic however that the people saving the world and leading the armies of the horde and alliance are incredibly fit. hell if were going for realism some races should be more buff

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    My wife Carla has always had some pounds on her so to speak and she feels that it is not right that the only option WoW offers for people who have a little more mass is the Pandaren since she isn't into furries. Maybe the developers should add a weight option to the character creation. It's unrealistic that every human is fit like the Superman. Many people are not so good looking so they can't choose a character for themselves and then they quit WoW. With the decline in the sub numbers this option would maybe help getting more subscribers and also it would give Blizzard a good name because they support the plus sized community.
    WoW could use some more customization tools, sure, but weight is not one of them. Not only is it a waste of development time but it also promotes an unhealthy lifestyle.

Considering you are a actively moving Hero in WoW I don't think you could actually be truly fat, especially wearing all that heavy armor and weapons... would make you extremely fit... just saying also fat humans are not very agile so they would die much more often in the World of Warcraft!

Btw, just a game and I can assure you nobody quits WoW because they can't re-create themselves lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but lets also add height option! Different heights, dwarfs included! And what about hunchbacks? They got feelings too! Add crippled models, mentally disabled! This is the key to restoring WoW glory!

Really, really dumb idea....

1. Ever carried Camping/Hiking equipment? Swung a Sword? Worn Kevlar Armor? Imagine that. Every. Single. Day.
    Even then, you carry way more than that in world of warcraft when you think about it. If you're not fit like Superman, you will be soon.

2. Blizzard has purposely avoided Height/Weight sliders in the past due to Engine/Artistic problems. Typically with games that allow those Skeletons/Models are streched and distorted. Textures are blurred and look worse, and has way more model clipping issues than WoW has at this moment with oversized shoulders.

I wish I could find the Blue Source on this, but this was from years and years ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    it also promotes an unhealthy lifestyle.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but my wife eats a salad every day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but my wife eats a salad every day.
    Well I don't see how is that relevant, unless that salad is her only meal a day

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well I don't see how is that relevant, unless that salad is her only meal a day
    Something tells me that it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need more of everything in the cosmetic department, weight slider should be lowest on the list though. If anything We should be able to have smaller build humans and straight orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSpaztic View Post
    1. Ever carried Camping/Hiking equipment? Swung a Sword? Worn Kevlar Armor? Imagine that. Every. Single. Day.
    Even then, you carry way more than that in world of warcraft when you think about it. If you're not fit like Superman, you will be soon.

2. Blizzard has purposely avoided Height/Weight sliders in the past due to Engine/Artistic problems. Typically with games that allow those Skeletons/Models are streched and distorted. Textures are blurred and look worse, and has way more model clipping issues than WoW has at this moment with oversized shoulders.

I wish I could find the Blue Source on this, but this was from years and years ago.
    The second part is spot on. I've asked blizz devs for the last two years at the blizzcon dinner and that's the answer they give basically. They did tell me last time though they want to get to body sliders and color wheels for toon creation. Personally i can't wait, it would really help the game to have a variety of shapes and sizes in player characters.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

It's unrealistic that every human is fit like the Superman. .
    Walking around with magic weapons and armor doesn't exactly seem realistic either. *shrugs* Since when are we going for realism?

Deleted
    Nope. I don't like the idea of being able to make your character fat, too skinny and etcetera. However, I'd love to have more customization for our characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    Walking around with magic weapons and armor doesn't exactly seem realistic either. *shrugs* Since when are we going for realism?
    It's realistic in Azeroth. But they haven't told us that people of Azeroth can't get plus sized. It would be fair if plus sized characters would appear in the game. Why not make Varian plus sized for example? He's just sitting there on his throne and doing paper work. Plus sized people need encouragement.

And yeah you do a lot of traveling in the game but some caster specs should be allowed to be plus sized at least. Mages for example.

Plus sized people need encouragement.
    like looking at character models of in shape humanoids to show them what they could be if they put some effort in? sounds encouraging to me

Well this isn't fair for the pandarens either. Why do they all need to be fat, shouldn't OP ask for skinnier pandaren models as well? You know for equality and all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyfish View Post
    like looking at character models of in shape humanoids to show them what they could be if they put some effort in? sounds encouraging to me
    Then why is there so gay characters in the game then? It would only be fair that there are plus sized people too. My wife will contact Blizzard over this and we'll see what happens. I'm surprised that I got so negative feedback here but maybe it's because people think that having curves is a bad thing.

Side note: My wife is a journalist in our local newspaper. I don't think Blizzard wants to offend her.

10+ Year Old Account
    OPs silly post aside more customization is a good thing. Who cares if someone wants to make their character fat?

It's realistic in Azeroth. But they haven't told us that people of Azeroth can't get plus sized. It would be fair if plus sized characters would appear in the game. Why not make Varian plus sized for example? He's just sitting there on his throne and doing paper work. Plus sized people need encouragement.

And yeah you do a lot of traveling in the game but some caster specs should be allowed to be plus sized at least. Mages for example.
    Sure, Tattersail was a fat mage and it worked out good for her story line. Why not add more options versus restricting them?
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandas, dwarves, tauren, orcs - all average+. WoW has actually done a pretty good job of keeping races heterogeneous, despite the constant homogenization of almost every other facet of the game.