Deleted

1440p and the hassle of being pixel perfect

Hello all

I've just started my subscription again and with this a natural step for me is customising my UI - I've always had a thing for the pixel perfect UI and so I've set out to try and create such a interface. Alas I've run into some annoying issues whilst trying to achieve this.

I'm running at 2560x1440 and the default UI scale does not support anything below 0.64, therefore I had to write a small addon that sets the UI to a scale of 0.533... using the command SetScale(). This works fine but the issue I'm having is that the UI being so scaled down is causing a horrible strain on my eyes when using for example tooltips, the Character Panel and the Achievement panel.

Does anyone know of a way I can circumvent parts of the UI being downscaled and therefore achieve pixel perfect borders on my unitframes and action bars whilst not killing my eyes trying to read tooltips etc?

Currently I'm only running the following addons:
    • rActionButtonStyler + 1px skin
    • rActionBarStyler
    • STUF
    • SharedMedia

Don't change the overall UI scale, instead scale down your Unit Frames to compensate.

SetScale works on per frame (and on its children). So using it on UIParent will scale your whole UI. But you can also use it on other frames, like CharacterFrame. So running something like
    Code:
    /run UIParent:SetScale(0.5333); CharacterFrame:SetScale(1.875)
    Will scale the whole UI down and then scale only the charachter frame back up as it was in 1.0 scale. If you first want to scale everything down and only specific frames back up, or only scale specific frames down pretty much depends on what and how many frames you want to scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    RealUI is very slick and pixel perfect.